Adventure awaits

Tarot

* looks around and clears her throat while suspended in mid-air by a Sea Wolf of unusual size (SWOUS), feet all a-danglin' * 

Nice place you have here.  I was just looking around and didn’t take, er…touch anything… mostly anyway… Uh, hey!  Can you please tell Grabby McGrumpyPants here to put me back on the ground?  That would be awesome.  Thanks!

* mumbles something about freakishly huge, short-tempered dudes that smell like fish *

Anywhooo… where were we before I was so rudely swept off my feet? 

MMORPG Background

My descent into MMO madness started with the original Everquest on the Firiona Vie server where I played an enchanter, necromancer, bard, rogue, druid… And no, I do not have an alt problem; I can stop any time (that I run out of character slots.)  The list of MMOs I haven’t played would be shorter than the list of those played. Some games have racked up more hours than others:  EQ1, EQ2, WoW, LotRO, Rift.  I haven’t really played much of anything for a while due to MMO burnout (other than Borderlands 2 and League of Legends).  On the plus side, FFXIV is already on pre-order and I am currently sifting through the lore and ferreting out all of the tasty bits!

RP Experience

D&D was the beginning of the end.  I’ve always been into role play and have been an officer in several RP/raiding guilds over the years.  I love the end game and RP so why not have it all?  While I make no claims regarding the quality of my role play or raiding abilities (ha!), I do enjoy myself and try to make sure that everyone else is having a good time as well.  If we’re not having fun, we’re doing it wrong!

Character Ideas/Info

Right now I am kind of interested in the bard and I am thinking that a near-sighted archer with no sense of direction who always forgets the punch line would be fun.  I’ll likely flesh this character out a bit and see where it goes.

I usually play rather dark, twisted characters so I’m sure some of that will happen when the inspiration strikes (see altoholic reference above). I will have to practice simultaneously typing and finger-steepling (is steepling even a word?)

How did you learn about the coalition?

Le Google.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium to heavy.  I prefer to stay in character while adventuring and hanging out, but sometimes it’s nice to step out of character and get to know the other puppet masters as well.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?

Um, let’s see…  I live in Las Vegas, work full-time, go to school full-time and am studying Health Informatics (did I mention that I’m a masochist?) I graduated from culinary school and am a pastry chef, I rescue French Bulldogs, read tarot cards and sleep when I find some spare time.

All nonsense and pretense aside,I look forward to getting to know you all better and hope to see you in Eorzea.  Game on!

"I usually play rather dark, twisted characters, so did I mention that I’m a masochist"

Balmung is quite the awesome welcoming community, you will be absolutely loved there. Enjoy yourself and make lots and lots of friends! :angel:

*steps away slowly towards the Gilgamesh door*

lol j/k welcome to the site!

"I usually play rather dark, twisted characters, so did I mention that I’m a masochist"

Whoa, Nelly!  That would be way out of context, but hysterical just the same.

No idea which server(s) will be available at launch, but I'll be around stirring up mischief somewhere.  Thanks for the welcome.

I like your character ideas! Yeldir needs a companion with a sense of humor that fits his own - he never gets to express it, usually. All I've been getting so far are gravity-defying Lalafells that yank on his ears.

If you need anything, just ask. Oh, and welcome.

Edit: lol Rock. Way to go with the recruitment, there. Tarot, would you believe this guy is probably single-handedly responsible for recruiting a quarter (at least) of the Gilgamesh RP player-base?

I like your character ideas!  Yeldir needs a companion with a sense of humor that fits his own - he never gets to express it, usually.  All I've been getting so far are gravity-defying Lalafells that yank on his ears.

If you need anything, just ask.  Oh, and welcome.

Edit: lol Rock.  Way to go with the recruitment, there.  Tarot, would you believe this guy is probably single-handedly responsible for recruiting a quarter (at least) of the Gilgamesh RP player-base?

Don't forget about Miqo'te trying to push him into rivers or ponds!

Zethie's lucky the duel system wasn't in place for P4.  Yeldir could not demand satisfaction!

Zethie would not fight him anyways! He is against fighting! Less it's dire need. (Like someone is about to kill someone else he WILL intervine or try to in time.)