o/ ahoy!

--MMORPG background

Hmm, I have been around the block and across the ocean a few times with this list. I'll start with the ones I still have thoughts of... DAoC was where it all started for me and would love to go back if I could. Didn't get much into FFXI when it came out a two years later. Did the WoW thing but I don't miss it. I have played RO the most hopping from private server to server time and time again. Then the last big one would be EVE... and I'm still hopelessly addicted even though its been 2 years since I last played... yada yada mmos...

--RP experience

I have done the rp thing for many years but this will mostly be my first time "trying" to fully go at it in a mmo. All of my fun is around the vocal sort with pen and paper over the years.

--Character ideas/info

The main cool cat is gona be Enja. I was thinking of running with something along the lines of a foster Seeker of the Sun kitten found and raised by a Keeper of the Moon matriarch... After many fond years with the Niuhali matriarch Enja is asked to take her life on the road to see the world eventually to build her own family.

I plan to have her enjoy traveling and adventuring once she left her family. Being young and quite naive to the world I hope to have some fun with a bit of randomness! Don't forget that fire burning behind those lavender eyes when she gets going!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

A combination of two cool people from phase 3 that I am trying to find again and hope they ended up on Gilgamesh(yay server fun that weekend p4) and post from reddit when the voting started to pick the alt server.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I wana say all 3 depending on whats going on being my first time going at this in FFXIV. In the end I think knowing myself it will gravitate to the medium area.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I travel a lot all over the place so I love exploring and having my own adventures.

--MMORPG background

Hmm, I have been around the block and across the ocean a few times with this list. I'll start with the ones I still have thoughts of... DAoC was where it all started for me and would love to go back if I could. Didn't get much into FFXI when it came out a two years later. Did the WoW thing but I don't miss it. I have played RO the most hopping from private server to server time and time again. Then the last big one would be EVE... and I'm still hopelessly addicted even though its been 2 years since I last played... yada yada mmos...

--RP experience

I have done the rp thing for many years but this will mostly be my first time "trying" to fully go at it in a mmo. All of my fun is around the vocal sort with pen and paper over the years.

--Character ideas/info

The main cool cat is gona be Enja. I was thinking of running with something along the lines of a foster Seeker of the Sun kitten found and raised by a Keeper of the Moon matriarch... After many fond years with the Niuhali matriarch Enja is asked to take her life on the road to see the world eventually to build her own family.

I plan to have her enjoy traveling and adventuring once she left her family. Being young and quite naive to the world I hope to have some fun with a bit of randomness! Don't forget that fire burning behind those lavender eyes when she gets going!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

A combination of two cool people from phase 3 that I am trying to find again and hope they ended up on Gilgamesh(yay server fun that weekend p4) and post from reddit when the voting started to pick the alt server.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I wana say all 3 depending on whats going on being my first time going at this in FFXIV. In the end I think knowing myself it will gravitate to the medium area.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I travel a lot all over the place so I love exploring and having my own adventures.

*waves* Glad to see you made it here *winks* if you want into our Skype chat for Coalition OOC just leave your Skype name here and I will invite you.

DAoC! Yeah, yeah, yeah! That game was unbelievably good, until the expansions started to tear away at its core. The realm vs realm warfare was amazing, and it really hasn't been replicated.

I have a theory that Mythic's success with DAoC was largely accidental. I am unable to explain in any other way how they could have done everything so right in classic, and caused the game to go so wrong, so fast, when the expansions began to roll in.

Here's a quick fix of nostalgia for you:

As for going back to DAoC, well... Sort of. Uthgard is a classic DAoC private server that is nearly identical to release, scrupulously run, and has a perfect stability track record of several years now. How they've dodged the law for so long isn't clear to me, but I'm sure it involves the server being located somewhere that does not give half a shit.

Ha, but we're all about to embark on a new adventure, aren't we? Not quite the time for looking back. Bookmark uthgard.net - it'll no doubt be around in a year or three, preserving DAoC in time exactly as we knew it.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the community. Lol.

Hah gotta keep busy some how during this looong week.

Sent ya a pm rock.

DAoC!  Yeah, yeah, yeah!  That game was unbelievably good, until the expansions started to tear away at its core.  The realm vs realm warfare was amazing, and it really hasn't been replicated.

I have a theory that Mythic's success with DAoC was largely accidental.  I am unable to explain in any other way how they could have done everything so right in classic, and caused the game to go so wrong, so fast, when the expansions began to roll in.

Here's a quick fix of nostalgia for you:

As for going back to DAoC, well... Sort of.  Uthgard is a classic DAoC private server that is nearly identical to release, scrupulously run, and has a perfect stability track record of several years now.  How they've dodged the law for so long isn't clear to me, but I'm sure it involves the server being located somewhere that does not give half a shit.

Ha, but we're all about to embark on a new adventure, aren't we?  Not quite the time for looking back.  Bookmark uthgard.net - it'll no doubt be around in a year or three, preserving DAoC in time exactly as we knew it.

Edit:  Oh, and welcome to the community.  Lol.

Oh you are killing me here with that song Yeldir. Time to queue up the entire soundtrack I do believe...

I'll have to check out that uthgard site a bit, but that reminds me camelot unchained now. I am sure I will find my way to a private server or some sorts down the road also... after an adventure on FFXIV of course!