Greetings! owo/

Mugi

Hello there!  'tis a pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance.  I'm a twenty-something over in Washington state who works full time, and will (hopefully) be transitioning into a new job sometime soon.  I'm usually on evenings, unless I have the rare day off.  I'm interested in roleplay, but have never tried it on an mmo before.  I have some experience with it on forums and IM, though I haven't done much of that lately either. :'D  I do love reading about the lore and world building that they put into this game, and am eager to see how the stories unfold for the game.

--MMORPG background

I first started playing MMORPGs with a very brief stint in Ultima Online, followed closely by a much longer one (well over five years) with Maple Story.  I eventually left MS and went MMORPG hopping, eventually settling on Final Fantasy XI (a game I had heard about before and was very excited to play due to my love of the series).  Due to a conflicting work schedule, personal issues, and my LS leaving the game, I gave up on it.  When I heard about FFXIV, I was excited, even more so when I heard about it being solo-friendly.  Been there since the beginning, and I'm glad to see how much the game has improved since it's shaky launch.  While I might try other MMORPGs in the future, I'm hoping to make FFXIV my MMO home.

--RP experience

Mostly from forums and IM chat programs with a small group of close friends.  Starting from LiveJournal, GaiaOnline, and other personal forums to the DA chat and Skype/AIM/MSN.  As stated before, I've never done it on an MMORPG before.

--Character ideas/info

Mmm, I've not had any idea in particular going on, other than my main would be Oriel Durand (male Seeker of the Sun, yes, I know his name isn't lore-friendly).  He's a traveler, and always getting into things he really shouldn't, with a fascination with the arcane arts.  That's not to say he won't dabble in something else (lately, he's been trying his hand at gladiator), but his heart lies with magic.  He's cheeky and a bit of a goofball, always looking to have some fun.  He'll probably be a bit of an airhead, though nothing particularly extreme.  I'd like for him to make some friends.  I'll probably have a better idea of what I want for his character at a later point, but I guess this is the bare bones of it all?

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Through link hopping from several FFXIV websites. :D

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Most likely light, due to coming changes in my work-life.  I will be restricted to certain days of the week.  Some days I might not even get on at all. :'D

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I currently cook Chinese food in a grocery deli for a living.  I enjoy cooking, but rarely feel motivated to do it at home. While video games are a major hobby of mine, the other one (the one that used to surpass it, anyhow) is art.  I love doodling and sketching, though with my current job I've had little time for that.

Basically, my job eats me alive. Q u Q