Hello!

Korin

Vinrael here! That probably won't be my character name, mind you, I'm still working on that part - I haven't even tried the game yet, but I was recently sold on it after hearing about the cross-platform servers! I'm quite terrible at introductions so I'll just follow the crowd and rant about what seems appropriate!

I'm a complete newbie of an EU player planning to roll on Gilgamesh (or so I hope, can I even roll on that server?) and I'm hoping to get a completely fresh start with this game - I don't know anyone yet, and all of the ingame terms are completely bizarre to me as I only just missed the open beta, it seems...

...So I still have a lot to learn. I think.

Template, hooo!

--MMORPG background, RP experience

I've had a reasonable experience with both roleplay and gaming in general - I roleplayed actively for several years on WoW, RIFT, and SWTOR but I've been less active as of late - Mostly due to a lack of interest, unfortunately. I used to be more of an active forum RPer before I moved on to the MMO scene. I also played TERA for a while, to experiment with the possible usage of a PS3 controller on an MMO! It was fun - And that's what lured me in to FFXIV.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, it'll shoot me down a little to find that I can't go cross-platform on this and that I'll have to upgrade my PC but it'll mean I won't waste money on the wrong game! <3

--Character ideas/info

I haven't a clue! So far I know i'd at least like to RP a Miqo'te - They're just the race that appeals to me the most, aside from the Roegadyn. I've been tossing names and concepts about but I still can't settle on an idea as I tend to work on those as I create and play the character.

Again, though, I'm completely new to this!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I learned about the coalition after learning about the game - I've had my sights set on the game for a while, but I had no idea it was to be released so soon! While I was researching into EU RP servers I happened to stumble on to this site, and it took me until just now to finally work up the courage to post an introduction...

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I plan on starting out as light/medium - I imagine it'll be awkward to roleplay from the ps3, so i plan on making the switch to PC (at least for RP) when I upgrade - but depending on how well I boot my confidence issues in the face coupled with how well I integrate into the RP community, I could well fall into the heavy category!

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I'm an art student who recently finished college. Due to personal ranty feelings I didn't move on to uni and I'm hoping to start work soon so I have no idea what my gaming hours will be like - Hopefully they'll fit in here somewhere, though! If all works out then I'll be earning and taking commissions on the side, provided I improve enough in the meantime.

And that's about it! Sorry for the wall of text!

Overall I'm just hoping to try out something different and meet some new people :3 I'm a little bit nervous to jump in to a new MMO from launch without knowing anyone prior, so I figured the best option would be to just hope for the best and take the plunge.

Thanks! <3

Greetings to you! I do hope you can join us on Gilgamesh! It would be awesome! I played TERA for a long awhile and use a controller to play also! Haha.

I'll be playing a Miqo, so maybe our characters can meet up and possibly be friends? (:

Just a question, what server were you on when you played TERA?

Hello!

Yes, you definitely can play cross platform, as both consoles and PCs are on the same servers.  The controller UI is amazing!

Sweet! I can't wait to try it now, it sounds so exciting!

@Kheda'ya - It was Veritas I think, and I was called Vinrael there too although I didn't make it far! It's hard to enjoy such a pretty MMO when your PC can't handle it :(

And it sounds like fun! I'd love to RP with you ingame once I get the hang of things - with any luck I should be able to find a USB keyboard somewhere lying around to make ingme chat run a bit smoother, too...

Either way, thank you both for the warm welcome <3 It is much appreciated!