What do we know about Othard?

So recently I've been batting around making Rurufi having come from the eastern continent of Othard rather than La Noscea. I've hit a bit of a snag though in that I'm not exactly sure just what all we know about this faraway land. As far as I know, all that we know is that:

1. It's one of the three great continents; located due east of Aldenard and Illasbard.

2. It's been taken over by the Garlean Empire. 

However, I'm not sure if anything else has been revealed to us about the area; so if anyone else knows anything about Othard, I'd love to hear about it!

That's pretty much it. There's also a statement that the garleans learnt about the primals there, when the local beast tribes tried (or succeeded, maybe?) to summon them.

There's nothing else. I'd suggest you design your backstory to be inside Eorzea proper instead. There's more lore of the city-states and being from another continent will certainly come out during interaction from other players. They will ask about it and you will either have to make up information or you'll have to use the "I'm from a village/town that was secluded from the rest of the continent; the first is bad because official lore might come to light and clash with what you said, the second is bad because it puts in question why you chose to be from that continent if you weren't going to be really a part of it.

Pretty much what Ildur said, we know next to nothing about either of the two continents really, but least of all about Othard. As mentioned, they did have Primals though we can assume now that being under Garlean control means whatever Primals they did have they are long gone now. As far as culture, geography, environments, etc go we haven't the faintest clue. For all we know Othard is comprised of entirely non-Eorzean races, which would make playing any of the races currently available not possible.

I'm all for originality but sometimes an idea just isn't feasible. You could end up making a Lalafell from Othard only to find out Lalafell have never set foot on Othard soil in the entirety of Hydaelyn history and your entire storyline suddenly becomes null and void.

Pretty much what Ildur said, we know next to nothing about either of the two continents really, but least of all about Othard. As mentioned, they did have Primals though we can assume now that being under Garlean control means whatever Primals they did have they are long gone now. As far as culture, geography, environments, etc go we haven't the faintest clue. For all we know Othard is comprised of entirely non-Eorzean races, which would make playing any of the races currently available not possible.

I'm all for originality but sometimes an idea just isn't feasible. You could end up making a Lalafell from Othard only to find out Lalafell have never set foot on Othard soil in the entirety of Hydaelyn history and your entire storyline suddenly becomes null and void.

I am pretty sure the Garlean Empire includes all races, with a tendency towards Hyur domination. so there probably are Lalas from there, though at this point s/he'd likely be a defector.

I am pretty sure the Garlean Empire includes all races, with a tendency towards Hyur domination. so there probably are Lalas from there, though at this point s/he'd likely be a defector.

As far as we have seen the Garlean Empire consists entirely of Hyur and Robots, with one Roegardyn that was recruited in Eorzea that serves Gaius. So while I agree the Garlean Empire could include all races, that does not mean there are any races found on Eorzea can also be found in Othard. Just the same there may be races in Ilsabard that we have never seen in Eorzea as well.

As far as we have seen the Garlean Empire consists entirely of Hyur and Robots, with one Roegardyn that was recruited in Eorzea that serves Gaius. So while I agree the Garlean Empire could include all races, that does not mean there are any races found on Eorzea can also be found in Othard. Just the same there may be races in Ilsabard that we have never seen in Eorzea as well.

Got Ohard and Ilsbard mixed up there.