A jaxom Note!

Jaxom

Hello! (sorry for wall of text, I had mucho to say!)

Now that I'm pre-ordered and ready for tomorrow mourning, I thought I'd do a quick web search for "ff14 RP" and POOF here I am! This site looks awesome and I was pretty pumped that the RP following in this game at first glace seems awesome! Totally excited!

Some quick info about me. Old school Twisting nether RP'er, I like to only play one toon, I have spent years playing one MMO and only ever playing one guy. If any old school rooks are around "What's up yo"! I like to play the odd ball I'm pretty much a gnome in real life anyway! On that I have not yet thought about race, job, class, clan or any of that yet! Hopefully with your help I can narrow it down!

I've never played a FF MMO ( I did play the old 14 but only for maybe 3 hours) but I have played all the normal ones. Locke is by far my favorite character in any of them, and in FF tactics I rocked a Ninja with Steal and unarmed who one shot bosses! I normally like dual wield stealth classes, with that being said question time!!!

A. With this game not having a stealth based class ( please let me know if i'm wrong! I will love you forever.) or a dual wield class at all!(other then the monk with fists) I'm kinda lost on what to play. I like to play odd characters. Example I was a Gnome fury warrior in vanilla WoW, before fury was what it is now! What are your thoughts on some odd combos! I do enjoy being short! ;)

2. I'm going to play on one of the RP servers listed above, probably which ever one lets me have my name lol, BUT if I can have it on both could someone tell me the difference between the two? I'm tacking a stab in the dark and saying legacy players are from the old game?

D. Guilds! I've read a bit and "link shell" seems cool, but is that the guild mechanic? Is there a giant RP guild and everyone just jams out  on magic cell phones?

4. Race!! This will probably be a quick Yes or No from the awesome person who answers all of these! Does race matter? As in min/maxing. I'm not a big fan of that, an usually just play short races.. Gnomes, halflings, Kenders, etc. and a class that usually isn't meant for them! I hope you say no!

18. Groups!! I watched some vids and read some sites on group stuff! From I see you can Tank, Dps, Heal or support. I played a dwarf bard in rift for a bit was super fun! But is bard the only support class? Or is it like tactics and you build your own guy from leveling up different classes?

Q. Last Names! <<<<< y/n?

In the end I'm not to serious when it comes to gaming lol, I just like to have fun! I do really enjoy raiding but it has to be fun. For example my raid team in wow would video my death during the raid and point it out in our videos! Good times! I'm really excited to tare into this game, look forward to meeting all of you fine peoples!

And remember Bop responsibly!

JackFrost16.png.dd3db116b6bbc5dea25913734a0cbcda.png

Hello! (sorry for wall of text, I had mucho to say!)

Now that I'm pre-ordered and ready for tomorrow mourning, I thought I'd do a quick web search for "ff14 RP" and POOF here I am! This site looks awesome and I was pretty pumped that the RP following in this game at first glace seems awesome! Totally excited!

Some quick info about me. Old school Twisting nether RP'er, I like to only play one toon, I have spent years playing one MMO and only ever playing one guy. If any old school rooks are around "What's up yo"! I like to play the odd ball I'm pretty much a gnome in real life anyway! On that I have not yet thought about race, job, class, clan or any of that yet! Hopefully with your help I can narrow it down!

I've never played a FF MMO ( I did play the old 14 but only for maybe 3 hours) but I have played all the normal ones. Locke is by far my favorite character in any of them, and in FF tactics I rocked a Ninja with Steal and unarmed who one shot bosses! I normally like dual wield stealth classes, with that being said question time!!!

A. With this game not having a stealth based class ( please let me know if i'm wrong! I will love you forever.) or a dual wield class at all!(other then the monk with fists) I'm kinda lost on what to play. I like to play odd characters. Example I was a Gnome fury warrior in vanilla WoW, before fury was what it is now! What are your thoughts on some odd combos! I do enjoy being short! ;)

2. I'm going to play on one of the RP servers listed above, probably which ever one lets me have my name lol, BUT if I can have it on both could someone tell me the difference between the two? I'm tacking a stab in the dark and saying legacy players are from the old game?

D. Guilds! I've read a bit and "link shell" seems cool, but is that the guild mechanic? Is there a giant RP guild and everyone just jams out  on magic cell phones?

4. Race!! This will probably be a quick Yes or No from the awesome person who answers all of these! Does race matter? As in min/maxing. I'm not a big fan of that, an usually just play short races.. Gnomes, halflings, Kenders, etc. and a class that usually isn't meant for them! I hope you say no!

18. Groups!! I watched some vids and read some sites on group stuff! From I see you can Tank, Dps, Heal or support. I played a dwarf bard in rift for a bit was super fun! But is bard the only support class? Or is it like tactics and you build your own guy from leveling up different classes?

Q. Last Names! <<<<< y/n?

In the end I'm not to serious when it comes to gaming lol, I just like to have fun! I do really enjoy raiding but it has to be fun. For example my raid team in wow would video my death during the raid and point it out in our videos! Good times! I'm really excited to tare into this game, look forward to meeting all of you fine peoples!

And remember Bop responsibly!

I can answer a few of these questions though I have a feeling while I'm typing this someone will beat me to the punch!

Anyways I'll start off with some simple answers regarding a couple things.

First! Each race does have a difference in stats but we've been assured that this has almost no effect on things at max level. So the short answer is no the race doesn't matter so much for that.

Second! Support from what I've seen isn't it's own separate role like it is in other games. With that said Bard in FFXIV:ARR is mainly a DPS class with a few supporting abilities. You've played WoW so it's like the different classes bringing buffs to the party in a way.

So there is no stealth class yet but they do want to add one into the game. Probably a little bit before or with the first expansion. Since you like playing short "odd" characters I'd suggest maybe a Lalafel Dragoon? Lala's are super short and they look kind of funny in the Dragoon's artifact armour, also a lot of the dragoon's attacks rely on you attacking from the side or behind the target.

As for guilds they are called Free Companies, the Link Shells now are pretty much just chat channels. The Free Companies themselves can level up and special Company points can be spent by the leader to purchase different boosts for it's members.

Now if you don't mind watching some videos on youtube Mr. Happy here can explain things a lot better than I can. His videos answer most of the questions you've asked in pretty great detail and even has other info and advice so I really recommend giving his page a look.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALEd8FzfaUt-HBBZctO9cg

HOKAY *Cracks knuckles* First off, Hi. Second off, Nice Avatar, Frost is a babe- There I said it.

A: For classes you can be literally anything, as with FFXIV you can have 1 character level every single class. As to which one would suit -you-, well you can try them all out first. But as you prefer melee it seems, I'd suggest a Lancer, due to it's speed and damage. It's the fast melee class, other than Pugilist. Which you can take the job later for, and become a Dragoon!

2: Gilgamesh is a fresh unofficial RP server, so it will have a clean slated community, but that also means that server has to build up it's own community (Which is already pretty awesome just from forum work!) 

Balmung is Legacy, which means that people from the first game or as it's called 1.0, can bring over their past characters. However, it is in NO way exclusive to them. I've never touched or even seen 1.0 and I'll be rolling on Balmung. It's a more fleshed out community, having more linkshells and such off the bat, but it's in NO way hindering to new players (As I've found!)

So, the choice is yours! Most people are going on both!

D: Guilds in this game are interesting. Link shells aren't really 'guilds' they're more like the custom chat channels in WoW, you know how you could make your own 'general chat' and invite your friends? But no one ever did that anyways? Yeah it's like those.

The actual GUILDS however are called Free Companies, which work similar to WoW"s guilds in the sense you get benefits for being with them, and helping them and stuff. And there is an OOC linkshell I do believe, but you can check them all out by pressing the "Linkshell" button on the hotbar up at the top of the website.

4: To my knowledge, there are no racials or passives or anything of the sort to do with race choice. However, your 'god choice' seems to alter your stats slightly (Doesn't really matter, it affects elemental stuff)

18: It's more just Tank, Dps, and Heal now. As they've made some changes to Bard and it's now primarily a ranged DPS. It still has supporting potential, but it has a lot more damage than it previously did.

Q: Yes, I believe they are mandatory. You have to make a first, and surname at the end of character creation.

I hope these suffice, and are accurate! Hope to see you in gaaame~