Insomniac's Heralding

Laellia

Deeper introductions not withstanding, it's 5 am here, so a template was greatly accepted!

MMORPG background

Everquest for years, WoW for years, FFXI for years. Others for a lesser time, including City of Heroes, Anarchy Online, Rubies of Eventide, Earth & Beyond, Age of Conan, Everquest 2, and DOFUS (I've lost track of trials and betas).

RP experience

Speaking only in terms of online games, about 14-15 years or so in any game that has a community, including longer RP experiences in WoW, Everquest, and FFXI. Offline, I've had as many years involvement with pen and paper RPGs, primarily L5R and D&D.

Character ideas/info

Seeing as the "RP servers" are still locked, I've nothing finalized, but I almost always play the same concept; a strong noble woman of middling years, usually playing off the dichotomy of a proper, regal woman that is less than the norm of "a pale delicate flower". Count on a Hyur or Elezen.

How did you learn about the coalition?

Since I've always seen MMORPG's as vessels for roleplaying, I've always made it a goal to track down the best source of roleplaying I can through research. The HRC just happened to be prominently featured in research about 14's RP community.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Though I've always thought the distinctions nebulous, when I roleplay, I roleplay. I'm certainly not above idle OOC chatter in the least, but I've been known to do scene's for 8+ hours.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I've had enough experiences from my younger, headier days to not wish to just basely share more personal info, but I can give some. I'm well past school (32), work as a driver, and my hobbies include anime, roleplaying, CCGs, miniatures, and writing. Standard geekery really!

I'm a Narcolep... wana be sleepless buddies?! - Er, that came out wrong...

Anyways, welcome to the RPC! I see you've played a plethora of MMOs, and have copious amounts of RP experience. Not to mention your views on the whole 'light to heavy' ordeal pretty much mirrors most of ours. I mean, I RP to meet new people! Course I want to chit chat OOCly, but sometimes I wind up RPing for a day straight and wonder what happened to the sun.

...Anime as a hobbie? Oh yeah, you'll fit in perfectly!