Hello there.

JTeacher

I'm a bit shy starting off in new role play environments, but a lack of ability to play has made it easier to buck up and try posting something here.

--MMORPG background

I started playing Everqeust a bit after it came out, then went to Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft.

--RP experience

I have role played for 15 years.

--Character ideas/info

I wouldn't mind some help on this. I haven't been able to make a character yet with the launch troubles, but I have had plenty of time to think of a couple.

One idea was a Miqo'te raised by a single parent who had fled a tribe to hide in the jungles of Raincatcher Gully. She would be a bit feral and simple minded. Clearly not the brightest crayon in the box, but innocent and prone to moments of comical feats of strength.

The other character idea was a dark and grumpy Lalafell caster. He would not like how most his kind were treated like children and how his own brethren seemed to encourage it with their demeanor. He would quest for the power to one day rule his people under an iron first, but his conscious would always hold him back at the most important moments, causing him to foil his own ambitions. Kind of an anti-hero.

Neither are really original characters though, and I am not sure if they are taking too many liberties on the lore. I would greatly appreciate any input.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

If you type role play and Final Fantasy 14 in Google this sight comes right to the top.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium to heavy. I stay in character in say and rp channels while playing. I will use ooc channels and answer tells though.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies)

I am from the U.S., but I work as an English teacher at a conversation school in rural Japan. I enjoy going out with friends to eat or travel, or just going on day trips. When I am at home I am usually playing games online or using the internet.

Hello! It's nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! =^^=

I love your grumpy Lalafell character idea!  I don't see enough Lalafell, and would really like to meet some. There is a lot of room for him to be both gravely serious and slightly comical! Maybe with a dry sort of humor? My Elin character from TERA would sympathize with him. She was very cute and pink, but quite grown up, though people would pat her head all the same. Some of them got away with singed eyebrows. Some had to wait a long time for them to grow back.

Are you enjoying your time in Japan? I used to live there when I was little. I miss it a lot, and hope to go back someday.

Hello! It's nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! =^^=

I love your grumpy Lalafell character idea!  I don't see enough Lalafell, and would really like to meet some. There is a lot of room for him to be both gravely serious and slightly comical! Maybe with a dry sort of humor? My Elin character from TERA would sympathize with him. She was very cute and pink, but quite grown up, though people would pat her head all the same. Some of them got away with singed eyebrows. Some had to wait a long time for them to grow back.

Are you enjoying your time in Japan? I used to live there when I was little. I miss it a lot, and hope to go back someday.

Thank you for your kind response.

I really enjoy it here. I really like my job and that means a lot. The culture and food and train system is great too, though I miss the food from home sometimes. How long did you live here?

I'm afraid I never played TERA.

I lived there for five years! It was the best time of my life. Since I was surrounded by an English-speaking community, and since I was younger, I didn't really take the opportunity to learn Japanese while I was still there. I only know a lot of vocabulary; I couldn't speak fluently to save my life. ^^;

I really miss the culture. I loved the noodle houses and department stores, the cherry blossoms and even the narrow and crowded streets. I miss walking, of all things. In the US, I have to drive everywhere...

Hello JTeacher!

You are living an interesting life right now :D ! I lived in Korea for four years, and it is such an interesting experience going from a western background into an Asian culture :) .

I'm sure you'll find some people to play with here within this community. Even in the Free Company I am a part of, we have players who are living in Asia that are a part of our group, and I find we're able to interact with them quite often, despite the difference in time zones :) .

Welcome to the community...hope to meet you in-game :thumbsup: !