• Primary character:  Ashsois Guillenant
  • Linkshells:  None
  • Primary RP linkshell:  None

[*]

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

• Medium to semi-heavy

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

• I always prefer IC combat to be done via emotes, and, if necessary, rolls.  Personally, I like to keep it as free and flowing as possible as it ultimately makes for better story, but there has to be a level of comfort and trust with all those involved for this to truly work, so I recognize and accept the necessity of rolling.  Injuries...well...the use of healing items and magic often invalidates them, but when possible, I prefer to play them out.  We have seen in games before that there are limits to what and how much these healing spells and items can accomplish, but there is no clear set of rules governing them, so it's a grey area.  I don't do any ic pvp, dueling, rp'd, or otherwise.  Too much fuckery.  Everyone is unwilling to have reasonable limits on what their character can do.

• Views on IC romance:

• It's fine and can add a lot to a characters story.  As long as it doesn't become the sole focus of rp, which it often does.  It's almost like rp has become another form of online dating.  Basically, IC romance is okay, but it should not be something that is sought out specifically.  As for me personally, I'm not particularely interested in having it in my rp.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

• Perfectly fine.  If it is agreed on by all parties involved.  That should be common sense for any roleplayer, but well...it isn't.  The simple fact is this.  If you haven't cleared whatever connection you're trying to play out with others who are involved, your claim is not legitimate, and how I would handle it depends on my mood.  One day, I may go with it ICly and rp as if your character is crazy, or mentally challenged.  Another day I may just send you a whisper saying "no thanks."  The exception being if your character is only pretending to be a relative for some reason.

• Views on lore:

• I like grey areas.  I will not break the lore, but if it isn't specifically said "no" or "yes", I consider it free for me to use, within reason.  That said, the lore should be adhered to.  It's fine if someone doesn't necessarily rp strictly according to lore -that is, they're not actively incorporating the games story into their own, but to break it by saying you're a race that doesn't belong, or giving yourself an unacceptable level of power, status, whatever is a no good.  I think the lore is a good skeleton.  From there, fill the rest in from your imagination.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

• To me, spatial chats should be IC.  I am fine with the use of ooc brackets (()) <<>> [[]] {{}} or whichever ones you prefer, but use them in moderation if there is rp afoot.  Non spatial chats provided in game such as, for example, trade chat, general chat, level chat, etc, I do not see them as a viable IC channel.  Guild chat, however, is, and I prefer my guild chat to be IC, or of not the guild chat itself, a seperate channel to be created as an IC channel.  I prefer these chats to be done via some sort of communication device, be it technological, magical, combination, or other.  Location based IC chats, I am not a fan of.  Some people are fine with them, but I can't accept that I'm standing in one spot with my character, but am in an IC chat that is located in another zone.  It's just weird to me.

[*]

III. Other Info 

• Timezone:CST
  • Contact info:
  • email:  [email protected]

[*]

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...