A new life (Ended)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Vale's response Dandelion gives a dramatic mock swoon, nearly falling backwards off her stool. "Menphina still my girlish heart, we've got a charmer." She grins playfully at the couple as she straightens back up. "Anyways, I'm Dandelion. Pleasure's all mine."

Watching the couple do their back and forth, she continues sipping on her cider. "So you guys travel around hunting for treasure? I always end up getting stabbed when I try that."

Scyra watched as Bob quickly left the bar after his wild statements 'Probably was blowing hot smoke out his arse, or he is the marker for their group.' She thought to her self, but the conversation between the two Hyur's and the fellow Miqo'te caught her attention, especially the word of an Airship. "Pardon me, can I see your arm? I'm a Conjurer and I can probably make your arm as good as new." Scyra spoke to the red headed Hyur.

He bowed to Dandelion as she introduced herself. Upon her next comment he stood upright, setting his glass down once more before resting both hands on his hips with a grin.

"Yep! Exploration, hidden mysteries, giant monsters, riches, all that's needed for an exciting adventure is what we do!"

She leaned over the bar, looking to Dandelion, "He's sugar-coating it." She faced the other Miqo'te, walking slowly over to her holding her right arm in front of her. "It's in pretty bad shape. I stitched up as best as I could though."

She unwrapped the gauze on her forearm, a deep gash along the length, and slices in circles around her wrist all the way to her elbow, all haggardly stitched shut. It was pretty obvious that there was dried blood covering her wounds, "Did I mention I took some medicine to curb the pain? Cause it hurts."

Scyra gently grabbed her hand to keep her steady so she could examine her arm a little better. "I can manage this, no regular cure would get rid of this, now this will be uncomfortable, because as the flesh heals from the magic it's really just as if your wound was instantly healing, so it will push all the stitches out and cause a little more bleeding, shouldn't take more then a few seconds though, so just bear with me." She said taking a step back and placing her hands together, saying a little prayer that sounded like as if someone was using a seraphim (AKA Glass harp), Scyra then opened her hands and a white light quickly rushed into the Hyur's arm wrapping it's self around the wound like a python around it's prey, then sinking into the wound causing the flesh to glow a bright white as it rose up even with her unarmed skin and popping the stitches out at the same time, drawing a little more blood only for the wounds left by the stitches forceful removal to vanish in light as well. No more then five seconds after she had cast the spell the Hyur's flesh was returned to normal with not so much as a scar left on her flesh.

"There should be as good as new if not better, had to do some minor repairs to the muscle as well with how deep it was, but should be fine now." Scyra said giving the red headed Hyur a happy little smile. "Oh because some of the muscle was repaired it will be a bit stiff, but anyways. I could not help but over hear." Scyra's ear's twitch as she says that. "That your adventures were being sugar coated. Why not share how things really are?"

Vale glanced to Scyra. "Hey, you're pretty good at that." He blinked as she spoke again. "Oh, she just likes to complain. See, sometimes there's fights like we had today. But that's to be expected when you're a great adventurer!" He pumped his fist in the air as he said the last to words, a big grin on his visage.

"Say, you up for adventure? We could do with a healy type like you!"

Scyra did a little cat stretch while still siting. "Well yes, I am interested in adventuring. I was originally the Bosun on the ship I had served on, The Turtle, old merchant ship. Thought I'd try seeing what the land has to offer though in the ways of adventure and well income haha. Besides, if your traveling the land you can find more herbs on your own for some more alchemy research." She said with a little giggle. "But know this, I'm a Conjurer, I can protect just as well as I can destroy, but I have to devote my focus to one or the other at a single given time. And..." She says pausing for a moment to send a surge of electricity through her hand. "I really like the hole destruction part, a lot. But of course I'm not against saving someones hide."

Scyra leaned back in her chair a little as the Blond Hyur walked up close to her so that he could examine her. 'Better my face then other parts at least' She thought to her self. Followed by a friendly thumps up and a welcome to the team kinda thing. "Oh, well perfect, a another round for the lot of us at the bar then in celebration I say." Waving to the barkeep immediately after her statement, she ordered some more spiced rum for her self. "Please get your favorite drink my new friends." She said before greedily knocking back her shot. "After some celebration I'd love to see the Airship I'll be working aboard."

Bob walked back into the bar, except, he didn't look anything like the Bob that had left. Instead of a handsome man in his early thirties, there walked a scarred man in his early twenties, his brown hair was gone, replaced by snowy white hair. His face was no longer unmarked but had various scars on it, and there was now a dark green eyepatch over his right eye. He wore a tight fitting high collered shirt with a long right sleeve, and no sleeve on the left,on his left forearm there was instead was a thick, heavily scarred metal bracer connected with chainmail to a spiked back-hand plate. Across his chest he had a leather bandolier that held various sized knives, and a small hand crossbow. One of the knives was tucked haphazardly between the bandolier and his shirt. He wore simple, thick leggings with a cutlass hooked onto his left hip. And to finish it off he had thick, brown hobnailed boots.

Bob walked towards his previous seat twirrling a blackwood cane tipped with a dark red ruby. As he passed the table with the men he had previously called 'chasers' he tossed the haphazard knife onto their table with his left hand, smiling at them. Bob sat down at his stool, after leaning his cane against the bar he then unhooked his cutlass and set it on the bar. After unsheathing it, reavealing that it was serrated, he proceded to pick pieces of bloody meat out of the serrates.

(Sorry if it's a bit confusing tired. Btw, your character will probably not recognize him.)

Even with Scyra's head swimming from the drinks she had consumed she recognized the energy of the new costumer to the bar as that of Bob's, but it was not Bob. 'Eh probably family of his, and with actions such as giving the 'chasers' a blade. I'd quickly guess that man is a member of that group, which Bob is a probable member of.' Scyra thought to her self while acting as if she payed no attention to the newcomer other then his picking of bloody meat from his blade. 'Glad I already ate.' She thought with a slight shutter before giving her main attention back to her new employer, new co-worker and the fellow Miqo'te.

Bob saw her shudder out of the corner of his eye. Smiling slightly he spoke without looking up from his blade cleaning, "You know, that is the worst part about this blade. The cleaning. Sure, it looks scary, sure it looks even scarier when it is covered in blood and pieces of flesh are falling off of it in the middle of combat. But cleaning? Pain in the ass. It's kind of like convincing a hard-headed woman that thinks she is the best around that your just trying to help." Bob looked over at her and smiled his half smile, "Wouldn't you say so?"

Isabel winces as Scrya performs healing magic on her arm, her eyes wide in amazement after seeing not a scratch on her now healed forearm. She brought it closer to her face, inspecting it, running her hands along her skin. "Nifty." She looked to the Miqo'te and gave a small bow, "Thank you."

She smiled, moving back over to Vale, leaning against his shoulder gently. "A very nice addition to our crew."

"I know, right? Heheh~" He took a step forwards before crouching a little. Vale then, using the nimbility of several years of living the thief lifestyle, backflipped up onto the counter before picking up his brandyglass of the bartop and held it up in the air.

"To adventure!"

Isabel had been leaning most of her weight against Vale, so that when he had moved, she stumbled a bit, falling to the side. She quickly regained her balance, standing up looking like nothing had happened, along with the 'dusting off' of her clothes as a way to play it off. She spoke in return to Vale's declaration with a nonchalant tone. "..To..adventure." She held up her mug of water unenthusiastically.

Scyra returned the bow from the red head Hyur with a slight nod of her head. Scyra then gave her attention to the cyclops with no manners and a extreme lack of sanitary concerns. "A blades a blade, I was disgusted by the fact that your in the middle of a pub cleaning a freshly used blade, and you should hold your tongue, Bob you may be able to use some time of illusion quite well but you speak and act in a manner that shows you have an extreme case of little man syndrome." Scyra said with a smirk.

Scyra then held up her empty glass together with Vale. "To a new life of adventure."

With the scene becoming more chaotic, Dandelion was feeling more at home. The airship people were doing acrobatics and Scyra was at it again with some hyper-serious new guy with bad table manners. She turned around in her stool and leaned her back against the bar, soaking in the atmosphere. Raising her cider to the toast of adventure, she couldn't help but raise it again when Bob finished his remarks. With a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, she toasted. "To watching your friends die."