Regarding inability to purchase digital copies of the game...

Leencat

Hello, I hope there isn't already a topic for this that I overlooked. I tried doing a search, but it came up empty. I just want to know if anyone has any knowledge of when they expect that digital copies of the game will be available for purchase again, because I'm really eager to get playing as soon as possible, but I won't be able to make a trip to buy a physical copy anytime soon (not that it would matter, considering likely being unable to log in even if I bought one).

Thank you for any responses in advance, even if it's to swat me for missing the same topic elsewhere; I tried to look, I promise.

Box copies definitely are allowed to enter codes, that's how I got playing. My suggestion is to check around and see if anyplace nearby has one if you don't want to wait for the digital downloads to re-open. Poke at the various store websites, such as Target, Wal-Mart, GameStop, etc... I found mine at Wal-Mart, everywhere else in town was picked clean.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/16/digital-copies-of-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-collectors-edition-available-again/

Digital Sales seem to have resumed. There's no postings from an official Squeenix source that I can find, but apparently you can download it again so... huzzah!

... now I really wish I hadn't bothered with the physical copy with the jacked-up price I wasted my money on and still haven't received yet.

EDIT: Actually even the official Squeenix online store is selling digital download copies now so I guess that's all the official word we need. Digital sales have officially resumed.