The Raven Eye Inn (Inactive)

Kima wolf

The ornate candles on the tables and in the old chandelier seemed to do nothing to illuminate the inside of the tavern beyond the dull dusk-like atmosphere there currently was. The soft whispers of the various patrons, whose faces were partially concealed by shadow and a thin haze were overshadowed by the laughter of a boisterous Lalafell who sat at the bar conversing with a Duskwight Elezen woman behind the counter cleaning out a mug.

"Wait wait, so yer tellin me that some people believe the spirits of te' dead haunt this place because o' a few lights?" he said.

She nodded once and filled the mug then slid it down to him. "Mhm, that's what i'm saying. The rumors claim that the spirits of the dead are drawn here by the raven which shepherds the dead from this world to the next. And the orbs of light are those souls."

He laughed even louder and took a deep drink from his mug. He sat it down and wiped his mouth with his hand as he shook his head back and forth.

"Oh and do they tink' if ye' put a chocobo feather above yer door it'll bring ye good luck too?" he said jokingly.

She shrugged once and canted her head downwards as a thin smile crossed her lips. "Perhaps, it is not my place to judge, but one thing I will say is the chocobo thing is a myth, passed down by traveling hyur."

He shrugged and took another deep drink from his mug and finished it off. "Yeah well, if it were true every chocobo would be as naked as freshly sheered-" 

"Caw, caw"

Everyone in the tavern went silent as they looked up towards the small skylight. The lalafell laughed nervously and glanced upwards to see what everyone was looking at. "Pfft. T-that's nothing but ah bird, plain an simple, nothin special bout it." He said.

A small orb appeared overhead and slowly floated through the tavern and vanished once it reached the back of the bar. The Lalafell's face was pale white with fear and he fell off his stool and ran out the door, muttering about curses and ghosts. Slowly the chatter returned to its normal level and the barkeep sighed and shook her head.

"Another coward I take it." A voice said from the end of the bar.

She nodded and sighed, then took his empty mug and began to clean it out.

Kailisto stood up and adjusted her cloak. "I see. Well it's of no consequence, we'll find more recruits soon enough. Recruits who aren't scared of unexplained things. Or at least have some kind of curiosity."

Server: Besaid

Guild Leaders: Kailisto Nadare

Guild officer: (Vacant but recruiting)

Recruiting: Yes! Roleplayers of all types

IC Mission Statement: The Raven Eye Inn was formed by Kailisto Nadare as a means to provide a front for her and those she employs and to fund her endeavors into finding out about the occult and the unexplained in this world. The Inn itself hires just about anyone who needs a front for a legitimate job, such as pirates, mercenaries, scholars of questionable morals and puts them to work as barhands, gatherers of supplies, innkeepers and security.  On the flip side, she also provides services for knights, lawmen and others with honorable intentions who need her scholarly abilities.  It also gives Kailisto a place to practice and test out various magical abilities, and conduct her research, which results in strange happenings around the tavern, earning it the reputation it has as a "place of mystery".

OOC Mission Statement: I hope to form a community of roleplayers, veterans and beginners alike, who seek a drama free, fun and relaxed environment where the first priority is fun, interesting and unique Roleplay. We plan to work with many different Linkshells because we'll remain small in number (between 25-30 members), this will encourage our members to not only get to know their guildmates but also others in the roleplaying community.

RP Style: Heavy RP (IC in say all the time, in groups when applicable)

Website/forum: http://raveneyeinn.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=169464&f=1217619

IC element: A group of mysterious innkeepers, bartenders, bards, and gatherers who are more than they seem. Routinely adventurers, mercenaries, pirates and scholars are seen leaving the inn.

Headquarters: Gridania

Linkshell interactions: Yes

Application criteria/process: Post on our forums a introduction story about seeking employment, coming to investigate a strange or rare occurrence or just to rest and relax at the inn. There is no formal application because I like to do things as ic as possible, which means showing interest icly.

Rules: Treat others with respect oocly and no drama. All issues are to be handled in Pms or bring the issue to the leadership. No Godmodding or metagaming, that is grounds for a warning and eventual banning/removal from the guild.

• 5 weeks later...

The Tavern was strangely empty at this time of night, no one was behind the bar taking orders and tossing comments back and forth with rowdy patrons. The tables, which usually had small groups around them were all empty and not filled with the usual banter and whisperings of secrets and rumors from patron to patron. No, instead it was replaced with one small candle which lit up the immediate surroundings of an old, wooden table. There was two tea cups, one on each side of the table and a small scroll which was at a neutral end of the table. Kailisto's crimson pupils and pearl white Cheshire like grin looked across the table to a figure clothed in a long white robe.

âWe have gotten many new recruits over the past few days, and I have extreme confidence we'll get even more in the coming weeks. What with the flood of strange and unexplained things happening all over the world.â She said then took a sip of her tea.

âYes, it seems the empire is good for business no? Providing numerous stories and myths, all for you to investigate no doubt.â the figure said. Its soft feminine voice was dark, almost foreboding even.

Kailisto nodded once and took another sip of her tea then put the cup down.

âWe'll find the scroll, that you have my word of, we just need more recruits. We have almost two dozen now, all with me for their own reasons, some for the adventure, others for fame, some, like me with a thirst for knowledge and even some whose reasons and motivations are not clear to me. One thing that is clear, we are all on the same page. To explore the unexplained, to help those who need an explanation of something happening.â She said, her grin spreading wider.

âIndeed. That is why I am glad to have you working with me, Kailisto. We'll find those scrolls together. For now though continue your recruiting, i'll send you more funds to support several major excursions and hunts.â the figure said and stood up. It walked back into the shadows and simply faded away.

Kailisto let out a sigh and drummed her fingers on the table. Her âsilent partnerâ was right, they needed more people, more bodies.

âVery well, time to spread the rumors of my Tavern to Limsa Lominsa and U'ldah.â She said with a grin.

âI am sure they have birds of prey in both cities.. if not, they'll have some soon enough.â She said as she continued to sip her tea with a smile.

(ooc)The Raven Eye Inn has grown by leaps and bounds! But we can still use more good quality RPers who are interested in a different kind of RP. Detective work, exploring what would seem to be unexplained, or perhaps playing as clients for us to help. All these things are needed! So if you are interested please send me a message here, or send Kailisto Nadare a tell in game. Or if your guild would like to ally with ours or work with ours on Roleplaying stories or anything else please send me a in game message or a PM here!

• 3 weeks later...

We are temporarily closed for full recruitment. all this means is we will not be accepting people to actually work for The Raven Eye Inn. but please feel free to post on our site and interact with us in game! I'd like to thank Castiel and everyone else, this site has given us such a high turnout, far surpassing my expectations.

Again for now, recruitment is closed, but we will be opening it up again in a few weeks!

• 5 months later...

I, an officer of the Raven eye Inn, Declare this Linkshell inactive and closed for... most likely for ever.

Kai who was so busy in real life, who can manage other guilds on other games though, has abandonded the LS when people started leaving, I'm rather sad by this decision as the roleplay within the LS was supreme.

As I, among maybe two others, are the only ones logging in, and all of us in other Roleplaying LS as well, cannot manage this LS anymore. Mainly due SE's decision and bad game mechanics, we cannot kick/promote/demote players from the LS, without the official leader who has been gone for at least three months.

I joined the outer heaven LS like many other officers, leaders and members of other Rp LS on the Besaid server, and having a blast with all the quality and superb RP there. Hopefully this LS will last forever, which I believe it will.

Hereby, the lights are out, rooms are locked and the ale is gone. I close the doors and lock them behind me but leaving the key in the lock, just in case.

Ps. Thank you all for participating in the Hanging Tree RP on the forums, which unfortunately was never finished.

As we can't ignore what has happened, the story and happenings are taboo and shall not be spoken off, they shall be forgotten for ever as well.