Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome

Kieaira nodded with a cheerful "Mm-hmm", even going so far as to give a Baer a cute little smile, her eyes closed and scrunched up, and her sharp canines peeking past her lips, as she did her best to assure him that she was in-fact just fine.... perhaps even more than fine. She had grown somewhat accustomed to those around her, and it seemed the carbuncle was helping her confidence somewhat.

"How was your meal?" she found herself asking Baer without hesitation, as she glanced briefly at Aartur and Elisan, curious as to what the fortune might hold, but not wanting to be impolite she quickly looked back to Baer for a response, hoping perhaps to get him talking a bit, and not so much focused on her odd behaviours.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which he was easily distracted to say the least. Piping up easily like he did beforehand. "Oh it was quite good! Filling. And being without food for a day and a half makes me appreciate it a bit more. You never know what you truthfully appreciate till you lack it!" Voice bright like usual. 

"Which reminds me, I have to make sure to not waste all my money on gambling before a fight comes along." Snicker-snorting. Literally focusing that comment on himself. Turning his head to regard Elisan and Aartur for a moment. Little enraptured by the idea of an actual fortune telling-as he had never had one done for him; nor run into anyone doing it about Limsa, or Ul'dah before. 

After several seconds he returned his gaze onto Kie and the Carbuncle. Almost sounds like a book. 'Kie and the Carbuncle', slap some trademarks on that and sell it. 

"And it also might help if I wasn't such a fool." He remarks after several moments. "Doubt that will change though." Laughing gently once more.

Elisan nodded and took the cards back from Aartur, dividing the deck in half randomly and then placing what was on the bottom, on the top. She drew three cards and laid them face up on the table, one after another. 

"What was, what is, and what may come..." A brief explanation was given on the simple layout before she went on to the cards themselves. 

"What was - Sairie, the Godmother. She brings us grace, gifts, talents..in the past, you had this blessing - protection from ill will and the plain stupidity of others, sometimes your own mistakes. She untangles the snarls in our psyches and gives us choices where we thought we had none. In the past, you often had unexpected good fortune, last minute "rescues" so to speak. Her lesson was in remembering the kindnesses given to you so that you might in turn, bestow them upon others.

What is - the Journeyman. He is the harbringer of adventure..independence and travel. All of the great ones - the saints, the warriors - all those filled by spiritual light have been on this journey. You are starting this journey -stepping off of the 'safe paths' and into the wilderness so that you might come out stronger, better. His presence here suggests that now is the time to hone your skills in both working and living. You must use caution though- and ensure that you balance intuition with sound reason. Be sure you have a clear idea of where you want to go".

She paused a moment, letting him absorb the information before she moved to the last card. "What may be.." A gesture to the final card as she spoke again, "the singers of the Chalice. Another good card to see - the singers tell a tale of hope, trust and patience. They speak of miracles. In order to drink of this cup, your heart must be open. Open is open - there is no other state. This door cannot be 'open a little' or even halfway. You must be willing to trust in the greater powers of the universe and open yourself fully in order to let loose the true power than lay within you.

Carefully, she slid each card back into the deck and reshuffled them together before watching Aartur, to gauge his reaction.

Kieaira smiles at Baer, unsure of how exactly to react to his joking ... she had never met a man quite like him ... in fact she had never really met anyone like any of those at the table.

Her attention shifted to Elisan as she told Aartur his fortune, her ears perking up at interest as she peered at the cards. "Interesting..." She mused softly, rubbing two fingers back and forth between the carbuncles ears. I wonder what those cards would say about me. Gently she pulled her bottom lip back with her teeth, chewing on it nervously. What was .... is better left where it is. What is ... a shy girl with no idea what she's doing ... What may come? I'm not sure I want to know.

She let out a soft sigh and looked back down to the carbuncle, forcing a small smile. I wonder if Aartur would notice if I took you home with me? She chuckled softly to herself, she had grown quite attached to the little creature in such a short time.

Aartur's eyes widen in awe, "Wow... that's... wow... Quite impressive, really. How do you do that?" He seems too enamored by the card trick to take note of Kie or Baer or even his carbuncle.

The carbuncle seems more than comfortable in Kie's lap, though it never shuts its eyes. The little creature nuzzles up into her hand while still observing the rest of its surroundings.

A mild smile, tipping a shoulder noncommittally, "I have seen the Spinner's threads since I was a child. Think of me as a messenger, I suppose. I simply pass each card's message on to the seeker". 

In that moment, Elisan remembered there was a plate of food sitting there and so helped herself to some more cheese and fruit before settling back to see what the others had been doing. She caught Kieaira's curious glance briefly and gave her a smile. "anyone else?"

Baer was also enraptured by the woman's reading of the cards. Looking quite enamored. Focused on the woman rather then the cards to be honest. He had run into many a thief, swindler and conniving gypsy-but never someone like this. It was a refresher. A breath of fresh air rather. That same smile was still on his face as he turned his head to Aartur. "You got some good luck my friend." Is all he said. Little more cryptic then he wanted, but was still jovial in tone. Maybe he was being honest-that Aartur had gotten some of the 'better' cards of the deck-or has fate on his side truthfully.

Turning his head to Elisan and Kie now as Eli spoke up about someone volunteering. Eyes falling on Kie. "You should get your's done. May not get another chance in the future." Chuckling again softly.

Kieaira blinked, the soft flush returning to her cheeks as the attention once more fell to her. She looked down at Aartur's carbuncle, that was curled up in her lap, as if asking it, if it thought it was a good idea.

She swallowed audibly. "I... I guess it can't hurt..." she smiled nervously towards Elisan. She began stroking the length of the carbuncle's body to calm herself. Why are you so nervous? Knock it off. Silently she scolded herself.

"How much do most people pay? I'm afraid I have no frame of reference," Aartur says with a small smile. He was sure whatever price would be fair for such an impressive display. He had indeed gotten "good" cards, though their implications mildly terrified him. The Miqo'te nods to the large man, and finally, finally takes a seat of his own.

After he settles in, he looks to Kie and the carbuncle, his carbuncle, curiously, "You, um, rather like him, don't you? Kyubey, I mean..."

Seated at one of the small tables while spinning a pencil in between his fingertips - his attention drawn from one of the papers to the crowd gathered around the nervous Miqo'te and the large man who was very skilled in losing money. His irises only visible through the strands of hair hanging down over his face, "I'm not one to believe in cards. But I guess it would not hurt to know what is on the road for yourself."

His leather coat hanging together with a bow upon the back of the chair, leaving the midlander only in a hempen shirt and hempen chausses, the pale considerely pale hinting at the man's origins being far from the heated Ul'dah.

The albino elezen smiled at Aartur and shrugged again. "There is no average gain - some have paid me a great deal and many have paid me nothing at all. People do not like it when they don't hear what either they expect, nor what they want to hear. I do not deal in dreams and wishes -as I said. I leave that to others." Ruby gaze was pulled from Aartur to Baer and she chuckled at his rapt attention, in a gentle way, as opposed to anything condescending. A nod to the commentary at the table next to theirs, addressing the midlander's statement as she offered the cards to Kie to shuffle. "It is often wise to seek guidance when one is uncertain about the future, yes".

Slowly, the ivory haired Miqo'te lifted her hands from the comforting fur of Aartur's carbuncle to take the cards. She shuffled them and handed them back with a nervous smile towards Elisan, her hands once more falling, gently, atop Kyubey, as she gave Aartur a nod. "I have a soft spot for cute, furry things..." She gave a soft chuckle, the pink on her cheeks growing a bit deeper of a red.

Aartur watched the cards carefully, more out of curiosity than suspicion. He hesitated before speaking, "...Well, Kyubey is bound to me, but if you're so fond of them, I could possibly try to show you how to summon one... It isn't the easiest thing on Hydaelyn to do, but... not the hardest, either..." Am I a glutton for punishment? I'd barely be able to speak in that setting, let alone teach. His eyes never left the cards.

She took the cards back and did as she had before, split them randomly in the middle and placed what was on the bottom, on the top; before she drew three cards for the skittish female. These three cards were laid in order, face up on the table between them. She studied the cards for a good length of time - those who may have been watching her might have noticed a strange far away look in her eyes - seeing but not seeing. 

"What was - the Oak Men..their presence indicates a strength in the past, a depth that you may have lost sight of. In the past, you have looked upon the world through eyes filled with predisposed ideas - personal filters. The Oak Men ask you, are you seeing things as they are or as what you project upon them?" She tipped her head a bit, glancing up to watch Kieaira a moment before continuing.

"What is - The Singer of Intuition. The song sung by the Singer carries all of the information that there is - a great record of all that was, is and will be. This song is in our blood, our bones - we only have to learn how to hear it. The Singer's words to you are simple. Trust yourself. Learn to accept your own inner calling and intuition but you must be willing to look deep inside of your own heart and mind for the answers you seek. 

What may be -Epona's Wild Daughter, Dorcha". Elisan paused briefly before she spoke again, almost sing song in her recital of words. "In the bleakest part of the night, Dorcha comes, wearing her crown of stars. She kneels on the ancient owl, bearer of the hidden wisdom of the night, and facing the past with a clear, unflinching gaze, she holds us. We are immobile, inwardly focused by her comforting yet implacable hands. She asks riddles that seem impossible to answer at first - and yet she will not let us go until we find the solutions within ourselves. Dorcha takes us through the darkness - the shadow part of ourselves and into healing and growth". The witch looked up at Kie and held her gaze, "You cannot move forward until you have faced something buried within you that is holding you back. You will not walk alone - there will be help from unexpected places. You must be ready to face things about yourself that are not as you wish them to be, before enlightenment can transform you into what you are destined to become". 

She blinked slowly, shaking off the fog before she gathered the cards carefully and returned them to the deck while Kie absorbed the words.

Kieaira pursed her lips as she thought about Aartur's offer, shifting her gaze back to Elisan as she dealt the cards. A small wrinkle forming on her forehead as she peered over intently, clearly in deep thought as the explanation of each card was told.

She nodded her head slowly in understanding, it did make sense to her ... well at least for the most part it did. Perhaps I was brought here today for a reason. She found herself thinking. "Thank you." She smiled, though clearly still contemplating everything, her fingers weaving in and out of the fur of the carbuncle, bringing her back once more to Aartur's proposal.

"I think..." She paused, again thinking back to the cards. "I would like to learn." She nodded slowly, though it was clear there was still much on her mind. She shook her head, pushing the thoughts to the back of her mind for the time being, and waved to the server once more. "Another drink for the lady." She smiled, wanting to offer something in return for the reading.

Aartur blinks. She said yes? I wasn't... actually expecting that. What did I just do...? "Worth a try," he says aloud without realizing it, "Er... I mean, it's not simple, but it shouldn't be hard for smarter people, like me... er... you, smart people like you..." Lovely. He's fumbling over words, again. A quick blush comes over his face, and he busies himself with digging through a bag of gil for his payment.

"That's some nice cards for the little Miqo'te." his right hand lifting up to comb the dark hair backwards as he stands up from his chair, dragging the wooden chair along the floor till right beside the table with the crowd. A light smile upon his lips as he looks at the Miqo'te calling herself Kie.

Kieaira frowns a small wrinkle forming on her forehead at Aarturs' words. Worth a try? She let out a small huff, gently lifting the carbuncle from her lap and back onto the table so that it could return to its' master. "You don't have too.... If you don't want too..." A few strands of ivory hair falling across her eyes as she turned her head away. "I can figure it out on my own." She mumbled softly. I don't need anyone ... I've always been self-sufficient, why start asking for help now?

Her pale blue eyes looked upon the newcomer with slight curiosity, her ears wilting a bit as she sunk down in her chair ever so slightly, hoping someone else would give out the introductions.

"N-no, I didn't... I didn't mean... I was... It was... Out of context, if you... still want, I will help, I... I don't mind it..." he said with definite look of helplessness to him.Words, idiot, use words. Sentences. Stop, slow down... Aartur took a deep breath, collecting himself. "What I meant is that you seem to be rather smart and a person of learning, so you shouldn't have too much trouble..." he spoke, some degree of effort put towards not stuttering the statement to death. Kyubey just stood where Kie had left him on the table, staring up at the Miqo'te.

Aart turned his head to look at the newcomer, nodding timidly to the man before handing the resident fortune teller about 50 Gil. "Is... Is that fair? I don't want to underpay..."

Elisan watched the exchange thoughtfully before the midlander's words drew her back to the here and now - ruby eyes slightly tired and she smiled faintly. "The Spinner brings out what messages are necessary for the seeker to hear. I think perhaps there was a deeper message but it's for her to acknowledge..or not. Everyone is different. Some take the words to heart and others walk away with a chuckle and a nod, never really trying to understand". Her heard turned to Aartur as he offered her payment and she gently slid it back toward him. "Keep your gil this day. I make enough that a few readings at a lone table won't break me".  Her attention shifted briefly to Baer to see what he was up to before she addressed the midlander again, "And you..are you seeking something?"

The bright green kept their gaze upon Kie for a few more moments in utter silence with a smile present upon his lips, "I'm sure I'm seeking for something. Maybe companions to travel the lands and discover it's secrets. Learn from it's history or maybe I'm looking to gather an army and reclaim something that was taken from me. I'm not sure." - his smile remaining warm as he looks over to the card reading Elezen. "I just enjoy the bits and pieces that come my way.", his arm raising into the air and makes a single motion for the entire to be served a round of drinks, his body leaning back on the wooden chair in an attempt to find more comfort on it's hardness.

Kieaira looked to Kyubey with an almost sad sort of gaze, before lifting her hand for him to nuzzle against. "I would rather enjoy having a companion of my own..." She tilted her head, ivory locks of hair falling across her face, partially hiding her pale blue eyes.

As she retreated once more into her mind, a soft noise from behind brought her back to reality as soon as she had left it. "Delivery, Kupo!" Kieaira blinked as she looked at the floating moogle holding out a sealed letter with her name upon it. She smiled, and bowed her head in thanks.

She sat up in her seat to open and read the letter, her brow furrowing in thought as her eyes darted across the page. "Hrm..." She mused softly, folding the letter and placing it into one of the pouches that hung from her belt. "I ... err ... may have to take you up on your offer later." She glanced up at Aartur through the strands of hair that hung over her eyes. "Seems I will be going back to Gridania tomorrow." She let out a small sigh, as her fingers slid up Kyubeys' face to skritch between his ears.

Aartur returns the Gil to his pouch with a curious nod, "Thank you..." he said, tucking the small bag into his deep purple tunic, before turning to Kie once more, "Er... well, I live in Gridania, so whenever is convenient for you, just... uh... send a letter, perhaps? Would that be most efficient?" Kyubey nuzzled into her hand, clearly rather used to hamming it up. Aart, for his part, flashes a timid smile towards her, then to everyone else at the table.

Turning to the newcomer, he nodded once more in greeting, "Er... I'm Aartur, by the way... Aartur Nelhah of Gridania, and that carbuncle over there is my companion, Kyubey. The other Miqo'te is... Kieira, right? And... oh... actually, I'm sure people can introduce themselves... apologies..."

As he fell back into his chair a sigh escaped him, "Seems we have similar paths. Maybe we should travel together back to Gridania  It sure would make the trip more pleasant I believe.", his gaze wandering between the Kieaira and Aartur. His right hand picking up the leather jacket to slide his arms into it, the brief emblem of a bow and sword sewn into the inner part of his jacket visible to all at the table.

Kieaira jumped just slightly, not expecting the sigh from the strange hyur male. "... Err.. I'll be leaving rather early in the morning..." She bit down on her lower lip nervously. Who is this guy? Where did he come from? Why does he want to come with me? Her mind coming up with all sorts of nightmarish theories.

".... W-who are you? Umm ... Your name .. that is..." she looked to Aartur, almost hoping he would hop in and save her. Save you from what, you dolt! She silently scolded herself, reaching to pull Kyubey back into her arms and holding the soft carbuncle close ... even if it wasn't hers.