Hipparion Tribe (Inactive)

Naunet

In an increasingly cosmopolitan world, a few still cling to isolation and tradition. Deep in the Sagolii Desert, Azeyma receives the prayers of a small but tenacious tribe of Seekers of the Sun. They spend their lives crossing the sands, eking out a nomadic life ever threatened by nature and the beast tribes. The great worms are their prey, their source of sustenance and home and armor, and to fulfill the hunt is one of the greatest honors of them all.

There had been a time when leaving the Sagolii was done only in moments of great necessity, when one seeking to make their mark in the tribe might leave on a foraging to learn new skills and bring back news of the wider world. Recent years have seen the youngest generation more willing to travel beyond the borders of the desert, however, and Ul'dah has become a city with which a few are developing a strong connection.

These changes and those wrought by the Calamity are placing great pressures on the tribe and its way of life, and conflict is never far from hand.

Please check the wiki for more information about the Hipparion Tribe

Please contact either Naunet, K'ailia, K'mana, or K'luha for more information or an invite.

Such that our threads do not become lost in the forums and that people have a single place to come look for updates or new threads I will be maintaining a list of the Hipparion Tribe discussion and role playing threads. If you create a new thread and would like a subscribed thread bump for the tribe feel free to post a comment in the linkshell thread here.

Active Discussion Threads

Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread]

Azeyma, Spirits, and The Hipparion Tribe

References

Hipparion Tribe Timeline -Maintained by K'mana

Hipparion Tribe RPC Wiki

Family Register -Maintained by K'mana (Work in Progress)

Family Tree -Seeker Branch (Rev 17.10.13)

Seeker Branch RP Threads(ordered chronologically)

Prior to the Fall of Dalamund

Sandworms aren't for disecting

Playing with Sandworms [story, OoC comments only] - Occurs sometime before K'aijeen left the tribe

Two Vultures Sick for Battle

2nd Year of the Seventh Umbral Era

A Trial and Foraging [backstory, Closed]

Danger Approches[backstory, Open to Tribe]

5th Year of the Seventh Umbral Era

-Working on date (early in the year after K'aila's trial)

Preparing for the Journey

~14th Sun, 2nd Astral Moon

The Wild Hunt

~20th Sun, 2nd Astral Moon

The Wild Hunt II - Reprise

~4th Sun, 5th Astral Moon

The return to the tribe

~18th Sun, 5th Astral Moon

A meeting of younglings

Night at the desert[Open]

~21 Sun, 5th Astral Moon

Hipparion Tribe seeks lost members[Tonberry Latern Article]

~24 Sun, 5th Astral Moon

Lost and Found

~29th Sun, 5th Umbral Moon

Refugees under the Sun [Hipparion Tribe RP]

Scenes with K'ile, K'luha, and K'ailia

~10th Sun, 6th Astral Moon

K'yohko Nunh[semi Closed]

~To Be Determined

A Trip to Gridania:Medicine, Chocobos, and the Search

A meeting of mother and daughter

Retired Discussion Threads

Choosing a Seeker Tribe

Hipparion Tribe - organization and discussion

EDIT: Wow I'm suprised I'm still finding new threads found two new ones hidden in the forums and discovered a new member of the tribe I hadn't seen around. If I missed any threads please be sure to let me know even if their old.

• 1 month later...

Hey every one! So I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but haven't quite found the time until now. Not sure how many of the tribe members access the linkshell page to check the thread listing but I wanted to make it even easier to keep track of the the goings on of the tribe.

So Today is the first entry in my "semi"-weekly digest (Navy allowing me time xD )

Starting off probably some oldish news for most but we have concluded discussion of the tribes fate and where to go from here. Drop on by the thread to read up on what you missed!

Refugees under the Sun

{TL;DR} We are sending a scouting party to investigate Ul'dah Garden and other possible solutions, tribe will reconvene when they return.

Following up the Scouting party has been BUSY. K'ile, K'luha, and K'ailia have been typing it up in game and dropped us some logs to keep us in the know.

Scenes with K'ile, K'luha, and K'ailia

A meeting of mother and daughter

{TL;DR} I got nothing, haven't managed to read through it myself yet. Though I will, only thing that would make it better if I could get a better grasp on the passing of time between the posts, and when exactly the second thread occurs.

Clover and K'nahli are joined by Twin in another thread that is likely placed prior to the tribal meeting or before the scouting party left.

K'yohko Nunh

{TL;DR} K'mih's mom thinks she should start making babies => RP happens

Edit: Hopefully no one noticed that first mistake: Also SANDWORMS.

K'haali dropped us a tiny slice of life on the road at Balmung Bulletin Board started by our own Naunet.

Huddled over a small campfire, hidden in a rocky alcove high over drybone, The hipparion tribe explorer felt sick to the stomach. It wasn't because the possibility that the tribe might be moving soon, nor was it being alone in a strange place, nor was any of the local fauna poisonous.

It was the first time in many years she'd managed to over-eat, an alien experience for a seeker of the sagolii. At least, that's what she told herself, the truth was change would soon come to the tribe; for the better she knew deep down, but change nonetheless, and giving up what little familiarity remained of her father's tribe was gnawing at her.

"Still, giving up sandwurm, orobon and starvation for aldgoat, millioncorn and indigestion doesn't seem like a sacrifice at all..."

She concluded quietly, before rolling over and trying to sleep it off.

"...not even a little"

And last but hopefully not least I started a new thread today to organize the current comings and goings of the family player characters and NPC's alike. Please drop in with your character's status or to discuss various matters such as the family tree.

Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread]