The Red Wings

Erik Mynhier

[align=center]Ul%2527dah+Flag+-+The+Immortal+Flames.png

The Red Wings[/align]

We are The Red Wings. We are an active unit of the Immortal Flames. Sworn to service and manned by soldiers of the Flames, our mission is threefold.

1. The first is to provide a rapid response to dangers of life and limb up to the outermost parts of Thanalan and beyond, by means of both direct and covert actions.

2. The second, to provide military support to outlying detachments of Immortal Flames and settlements under the Sultanate by means of our (IC) fleet of five small but swift airships.

3. The final and newest addition to the mission of the unit, is to provide education and training, in areas of soldiering, reading and writing, and basic life skills, to soldiers both veteran and recruit.

I am honored to command The Red Wings and I take great pride in the sacrifice and service of every Soldier, civilian operative, and family member in the Unit. If you believe you have what it takes, and if you want to make a real difference, then why wait? Join the Red Wings today.

Ser. Eirikir Mynhier, Flame Captain

Commanding Officer of The Red Wings

[align=center]~Posting In This Thread Is Restricted To the FC Captain Only~

~For Information About This FC Contact Me Here Or In-Game~[/align]

• 4 weeks later...

OOC Information[/align]

The Red Wings is a Role Playing Free Company founded on Balmung. The overall story line is that after the calamity it was formed as an intelligence gathering unit of the Immortal Flames. Over the years the the mission has adapted to fit the times. We now find ourselves still acting in a covert fashion, but also in an open military roll as well as a training role.

As this is an RP FC, it is important that the tenants of the FC be held for story purposes, so from that, some of the requirements in joining are IC membership as a soldier with the Immortal Flames. Any support job that would be logical within a military unit is welcomed, such as secretary, cook, doctor, however you are a soldier, so there is not a lot of room for overly sensitive or soft characters. Even if you like a bit of brooding, you must at appropriate times be a soldier.

So if this sounds interesting to you, PM me here or in game. Feel free to come out to our HQ and have a look around. The Sable Hall, Plot 27, 6th Ward, The Goblet. The "Goblet Southeast" aether will bring you right to our door.

• 3 months later...

IC Organization[/align]

A few key points to go over as far as the IC meta-story of the Free Company.

First off we are, if its not completely obvious by now, a military organization. That said, our structure is military based. Since the lore is fuzzy on what military structure is, we took some ques from rl. We have IC a Captain who leads the unit, 1st lieutenants who lead departments, and 2nd lieutenants assist or preform support roles, following that there are "Wingmen" who are the NCOs or enlisted members. These ranks slightly correspond to the ranks in the fc ooc. Captain is "Captain", department heads are "General Staff", Full Members are "Wingmen", and new members who have not had oriantation are ranked as "Recruits". W also maintain OOC Rank is sort of a holding rank reserved for special situations, such as leaving the game for an extended time IRL, or for a reason you work out with me.

Also key to us as a FC is our (currently IC until 3.0) fleet of five airships. Found throughout the various forum RPs involving the Red Wings, our airships are why we have "Wings" in our name. Once one fully armed airship and four cargo ships, all four have been IC fully equipped and made somewhat equal to each other, while also being made to handle special tasks. The fleet by name includes:

The Falcon, the flagship of the Red Wings and primary combat vehicle and troop transport. Heavily armed and agile, it is a match for anything in the sky within reason. The jack-of-all trades ship, it sports a modest cargo load and many electronic devices.

Next is the largest ship, heavy armored salvage and cargo transport, The Deus Ex, designed to carry cargo and supplies long distances as well as equipped with tools and devices for salvage operations. While armed for self-defense, the ship sacrifices arms for cargo room, the least combat ready ship in the fleet.

The Phantasm, is the third ship of the fleet. The smallest of the ships, it holds only a few crew members and is lightly armed. A scouting vesicle it is the fastest and most nimble, and is equipped with retro-engineered surveillance equipment and a aetheric cloaking device, all salvaged from Imperial ship wreckage.

The Bastok, is a large moderately armed airship, sacrificing arms, cargo, and crew space for heavy equipment. The ship is operated by the Engineers of the Red Wings, its function is to be an mobile engineer's workshop and repair bay. Should another ship in the fleet go down, or a civil feat of engineering be needed to help an area facing disaster.

Finally we come to The Mercy. A mobile hospital, it is a swift unarmed craft, sacrificing arms for medical and defensive equipment as well as room for wounded. This ship sports along with its impressive retro-engineered medical equipment, a field generator which repels to a degree arms as well as beasts and monsters. It is also equipped with a short range aetheric teleporter, to quickly remove the injured from battle.

Finally I should point out that this is an RP friendly FC, that said there are some limits to that. Let me explain, what you do in your personal rp is your business. Just like what you do off the clock from a job is your business. That said, this is not a place for special snowflakes. The FC is basically a shared stage for a very basic rp type, soldier/military rp. So we must be respectful of the space. To that end some new rules have been put into place. They are listed below and they apply to both OOC and IC.

• 2 weeks later...

Free Company Rules[/align]

1. Be Excellent To Each Other.

Shamelessly borrowed/stolen from the RPC, I admit it, but its a damn good rule. Often times guild drama is a thing and it grows from not liking someone or giving them the cold shoulder, or just being an out and out ass to them. So the rule here is be nice. You wanna fight with another member? Take it to party/tells, we don't want that here. If you have a problem with someone, talk to them, or to me. All reports to me are considered confidential. If you can't fix it, and I can't fix it, I will determine who is in the wrong and deal with it accordingly.

2. You Must Be 18 Years Old IRL To Join

This one is very cut and dry. There are a lot of laws out there that can burn people. I have kids and count them as good laws, but I am not going to jail because two of my members are ERPing and oh man, one's underage irl. Nope.... want no part of that. So since joining now requires the very little application below, I can head this off easy. By filling out the app, you will post a yes or no in the two slots, "Did you read the rules?" and "Are you 18 years of age or older?" Typing yes to both lets me off the hook if your lying. If I ever find out you are lying, I have to perma-boot you or I'm complacent. If you lied to get in and have since crossed the 18-line and I find out I'll boot you because nothing I hate more then being a sneak. It gets blue in that chat sometimes guys, not for the kids. As a side note, even if you are over 18 irl, if you play an underage character, you will have to keep it cleaner then you otherwise would. Acting out "adult" things as an underage character, even if you are not irl, can count as a crime in some places. So be advised.

3. No Godmoding, Power Playing And/Or Lore Breaking

So this one is a tricky one. For a long time we had no such rules regarding this, but as time marches on I feel its become an issue enough for me to set a guideline here. Now there is a really good guide that covers this topic and more HERE. That is not the end all and be all sure, but it gives a good outline of what not to do. Now everyone bends the lore now and then, you have to to make things interesting. But there is a big difference between "I have second sight" and "I have the ECHOOOOOOO!!!! PRAISE ME!!!!!!" If its off the path a bit its fine, just be able to explain it in a way that makes sense. People RPing as the main character of the MSQ need not apply.

4. Keeping A Good Public Reputation

I don't mean here that if some rpers dislike your style then you're out. But in the past we have had characters that were shall we say.... disruptive. RPers live and die by our rep, if we or those we hang out with are assholes/racist/mean spirited/combative, the RP dries up and no one will play RP or content with you. So I have to step in and make this rule. When you are a RW, you have that "RWing" over your head, you represent the FC and need to act in a way that doesn't look bad on us. And if you are any of those things or something just as bad or worse that I cannot think of at the moment, then you not only hurt yourself, but you run the risk of ruining the reputation of the FC as a whole. Its a very short jump from "he's a jerk" to "they are jerks". So for the sake of the FC I will enforce this rule. And even if it isn't expressly written here, I retain the right to call an unbecoming action what it is and take action.

*FC Leader Reserves The Right To Add Rules As Needed

• 4 months later...

Membership Information and Application[/align]

I didn't use to like these but things change I guess. In order to set a bit of quality control and to avoid headaches in what is suppose to be a fun game, I have been forced to make a membership policy and application. Membership is simple, if you want to join up and you think you would fit then fill out the application below (there's a code version below the one you see). Fill it out and PM it to me here on the RPC, and I will get with you and set up a meeting.

Please do not post it in this thread.

[align=center]The Application[/align]

Q. Have you read the above rules?

A. Yes or No

Q. Are you 18 years of age or older in real life?

A.

Character Name: Your Character's Name

Character Age: Your Character's Age

Character Skills: They may be a soldier, but what kind? Fighter? Doctor? Clerical?

Current/Former FC: Where did you hang your hat before us?

Years Doing RP: How long have you RPed? Tabletop, forums, chat, LARP, it all counts.

Timezone: Where are you so we can schedule mini-events?

Basic Backstory: Tell me in brief who your character is and what they do.

[b]Character Name: [/b]
[b]Q. Have you read the above rules?
A. [/b]Yes or No

[b]Q. Are you 18 years of age or older in real life?
A. [/b]

[b]Character Age: [/b]
[b]Character Skills: [/b]
[b]Current/Former FC: [/b]
[b]Years Doing RP: [/b]
[b]Timezone: [/b]
[b]Basic Backstory: [/b]

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: March 2015

Glad to see we still have people interested in military RP of a serious nature. Since we have managed to replace those who left I will start up some minor events to get everybody into the swing of things. Little one off missions, stuff like that. So check the the welcome message when you log in to see times.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: April 2015

Added several new faces this month. Things have come together nicely it seems. Our weekly story-rp night got derailed last week due to the holidays but I think we will be back on track this week after the craziness of the Royal Ball passes. We are also expecting two new members this week so keep a look out and welcome them when you see them.

On the "Help Wanted" side of things we are in need of 2 character types. If the RWs are interesting to you and you fit the type, by all means PM me. We are currently looking for someone to play our Company Clerk and another to be our Chief Medical Officer. If you fit the bill on one of those throw me a line. And if you don't but still want in we can do that too. Still plenty of love to go around.

And finally the elephant in the room. Of course I am speaking of 2.55. The following is the FC's official position on the events. Be warned that there are spoilers in the tag.

According to many npcs found in Ul'dah, there are things that can be garnered by the public. The two I cite for the position of the RWs. The PLD quest giver Jenlyns states that he was informed and believes the Sultana is ill. The Immortal Flames quest giver Commander Swift acts as though he and other members of the Flames are aware of what happened to some degree at the dinner party. Specifically the business dealing with the Flame General, but makes no allusions to the Sultana and her condition. He goes on to say that Flames are angry but are biding their time to avoid civil war.

So from this with a need to recognize the new reality of the game world, while still being cautious in RP, the official RWs understanding is the Sultana is gravely ill, and the General was placed under arrest for murder. And on a personal level beyond that is up to the individual members. If they feel the general guilty, great, if innocent, great. If the believe the Sultana is sick that's fine, and if the they "suspect more", also fine. Personally Erik thinks the arrest was horsebird shit and will rise in civil war any day, but that's just me.

So long short, the FC officially thinks she is sick and he is in jail. Individual members are free to have differing opinions though of course.

• 1 month later...

Oh my goodness, such a busy time here. We had our auction and made to 1/3 our goal which is amazing. We added 6 new members with more all the time. Our events and plots are moving along well for the 3.0 boom.

Need to hire 2 particular types of characters, and open to be the home to any flame looking for one.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are at it again, our happy team is growing again... in more ways then one.... as such we are in need again for members to play key roles as our team and story grow. So if you have a want to play soldier, but maybe only a bit, these spots will be just right for you.

First up, poor Doctor Oak has a full plate seeing to our band and could use some help down in the Medical Bay. So if you just want to sort of play at soldier, but have a passion for healing, be it magic or alchemic/medicine, we are the place for you. Doctors, nurses, corpsmen, med-students, check us out.

tumblr_ly15ypv0wo1r6q8wyo1_500.jpg

Sekai.Ichi.Hatsukoi.full.952302.jpg

Medical not your thing? We also have openings for scientist players. Our newly reformed Science Corp has openings for people ready to dig in Allagan Ruins or reach for the stars. Under the command of Miya Yehn, no science is bad science. Any rp discipline is welcomed from geologist to meteorologist, the Science Corp even operates ic our library, so even a librarian is welcomed. For people who wanted to play soldier but thought it impossible as the greatest of minds.

Anime_Steampunk_guy.jpg

latest?cb=20090814163443

Just to note, The Red Wings are open to new players and have a system in place to make even the shyest person feel welcomed. For more information please see me in game or here for further information.