IC Dungeon Run Nights (10/27: Haukke Manor)

Lament

Largely curious what you guys think!

Halloween is on a Thursday, which is also a scheduled RP day for my linkshell. I was considering having it be an IC dungeon run night (we have few people, so we can reasonably pull this) - mainly Haukke Manor, which seems perfect for it and is reasonably low level (28+) to fit as many people as possible. Someone also suggested Dzemael Darkhold, for the higher leveled (44+) players.

It wouldn't need to be "canon" IC (as in, it doesn't actually need to have happened to your character). Could be a dream, or retconned, or just for fun. Likely we'd have an IC excuse for it - like a treasure hunt with big rewards.

Anyway! This is likely a thing we'll do, but it sounded fun enough to pitch the idea to everyone else. And! A friend of mine was running dungeons/Primals in swimsuits with his FC mates, which sounded like fun, too.

So how would you guys feel about holding a biweekly (or monthly?) 'event' for IC dungeon runs? It could have some themes, for fun - run a spooky dungeon for Halloween, run a dungeon in underwear (probably a low level one to avoid horrible death), wear a certain color, wear a silly hat, anything you can think of. And then figure out an IC excuse for your character to be doing it (if they need one).

Or it could just be a more serious thing without the themed elements, for those who prefer that (but personally, I think themed is more fun - you can do IC runs anytime, but only in an event would a massive amount of people wearing swimsuits gather in front of Sastasha).

It could start at a specific hour and just go on as long as there are people still wanting to run. Could probably happen Friday so as to not overlap with the Grindstone tournaments, and allow people who don't work/study Saturday to stay up for it if they want to. :oa

(For plot purposes, I can say this would be sponsored by the IC organization behind my LS, as needed. I'll probably do this regardless for LS members, so!)

I did IC runs a few times - usually cut it close with the timer, yeah, but 90 minutes for low level dungeons tends to be enough. Entering the dungeon tends to be what takes the longest, so there is also the possibility of going in, RPing the first part of the scene, then going out/back in for actual running.

I did IC runs a few times - usually cut it close with the timer, yeah, but 90 minutes for low level dungeons tends to be enough. Entering the dungeon tends to be what takes the longest, so there is also the possibility of going in, RPing the first part of the scene, then going out/back in for actual running.

I could see that being useful for when you want to multiple runs too. That or if you just want to use the scene in a dungeon you could stomp it out real fast then just linger around.  I never thought of doing that... hmmm

I could see that being useful for when you want to multiple runs too. That or if you just want to use the scene in a dungeon you could stomp it out real fast then just linger around.  I never thought of doing that... hmmm

You only get around 10 minutes inside a dungeon after the boss dies, so you'd have to stomp it out but not kill the boss. Not that this should be much of a problem. :Ia

Bump!

My LS will be doing IC runs of Haukke Manor (in honor of Halloween) this Sunday, starting 9 PM EST. We'll gather in Fallgourd Float for organization/grouping. If it strikes your fancy, even if you're not with us, feel free to stop by! We'll fit folks in.

We'll also be doing other runs for people who can't be there, if you'd like to attend but are unable to.

Details: It'll be a joint nightmare between all 4 people in a group. They won't realize it's a nightmare, and they'll all remember it when they wake up (so even if they've never met, they can recognize each other when they do meet).

Otherwise, it's freeform - play stuff out as it comes!

Bump!

My LS will be doing IC runs of Haukke Manor (in honor of Halloween) this Sunday, starting 9 PM EST. We'll gather in Fallgourd Float for organization/grouping. If it strikes your fancy, even if you're not with us, feel free to stop by! We'll fit folks in.

We'll also be doing other runs for people who can't be there, if you'd like to attend but are unable to.

Details: It'll be a joint nightmare between all 4 people in a group. They won't realize it's a nightmare, and they'll all remember it when they wake up (so even if they've never met, they can recognize each other when they do meet).

Otherwise, it's freeform - play stuff out as it comes!

I'd be game... if I wasn't working -.-

Good luck to you though!  I do think this is a great idea. =)

Welp, this happened! It was a ton of fun, and each run was great (I was in all three, so I know, okay). Plot also happened! A summary of the plot can be found here.

If anyone is interested in running with us in the future, please let me know. You can join Wings-the-LS without needing to affiliate with it IC, so we can easily set up future runs. c:

(We also really need healers for future runs.)