Title of the Post

Momone

Salutation and welcoming message!

Expression of my joy at being present.

Explanation of my past play experience.

Questions about relevant matters.

Optimistic wish at what the future will bring.

Closing remark.

(And apologies to DaVinci's Notebook.)

Greetings, fellow RPers!

I'm a recent transfer from Ragnarok (EU) who decided to move while the moving was good to Balmung - and I was lucky enough to convince my Free Company to come along with me. I'm delighted to be back; I was originally on Besaid, then Balmung in 1.0, but decided to move to Ragnarok prior to launch as I now live in Europe. Turns out that wasn't such a good idea, because I missed RP way too much. :love: (Although, interesting fact: if you speak French, Ragnarok is the place to be for RP!)

To that end, I'm really keen to find a Linkshell or two where I can put some roots down. I'm tied to my FC for OOC content, but am very eager to get involved in some stories and make IC and OOC friends!

I'm a pretty avid RPer - started off in mIRC chatrooms as a teenager in the late 90s and have been playing in every online game I've been in since: including FFXI. I'd probably flood the introduction if I listed all the MMOs/games in which I played.

For FFXIV, I'll be playing Reinette Aurifont - a Wildwood Elezen swordswoman with a sense of self-discipline, a lot of loyalty to Ul'dah, and a deep regret over the events of five years ago. She's a relatively new creation; I made use of a Fantasia potion before moving over as I wanted a fresh start. I'm hoping to expand and grow her story more organically through the game rather than hammering out a big back story as I've been wont to do in the past.

I've had a look through the FC/LS lists on Balmung so far, but as I've said, my own circumstances only allow me to join LSes at present, and I've been having some trouble separating them out. Some guidance on this would be particularly helpful!

A little bit about me personally: I'm an American ex-pat living in the UK, just under 30, and working as an office admin for a rental car company. In my spare time, I burn food, read books, learn piano, and slave myself to Netflix. Oh, and I play FFXIV.

Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to seeing you out there!

Welcome to the RPC! I'm also an American expat in the UK, woohoo! I'd suggest checking out Europa which is an OOC/LFRP linkshell for EU players. I see you've already got a free company but I'll just mention The Travellers Guild (RP) and Eorzean Union (PVE/PVP) which are both mostly EU players as well, if you ever find yourself looking for one again. 

Feel free to get in touch if you need a hand or have some questions!

Thanks very much, Rinh! *high five for the ex-pats!* :thumbsup:

I was looking at Europa's recruitment post earlier, actually! Sounds like just the kind of place I'd want to have access to, but the post said it was full up? Is this still the case? I'm a little concerned about being placed into an overflow LS, as I might be missing out on the majority of folks looking for RP.

Salut Reinette Ça va ?

There are, hidden in the corners, a few FR roleplay groups here as well (just tag yourself in search info as speaking French and some one will message you pretty quick. Most of them are Quebecois, but there are some from other regions of course.)

Cool to hear that you managed to make the move with your whole FC. Balmung has a strong market that can be advantageous to progression guilds, which i'm sure you already know.

I'll second Rinhs suggestion of linkshells as being the two (that I know of) primarily EU linkshells. Also, feel free to ask lots of questions as mentioned, poke around the forums a little bit, message some people in game.

Hope to see you around Eorzea!

Thanks very much, Rinh! *high five for the ex-pats!* :thumbsup:

I was looking at Europa's recruitment post earlier, actually! Sounds like just the kind of place I'd want to have access to, but the post said it was full up? Is this still the case? I'm a little concerned about being placed into an overflow LS, as I might be missing out on the majority of folks looking for RP.

There is actually space in the main one now but we have many people in both main and overflow so we can pass messages about LFRP back and forth. Just poke myself or one of the other leaders for an invite!

Thank you very much for the welcome, Olofantur!

Unfortunately, I actually don't speak any French; I just realized a bunch of folks roleplaying in French on my old server. Couldn't quite get them to jump in and play with me using auto-translate, unfortunately, but... c'est la vie. (Oh look, a little pun!) I think seeing it around me but not being able to participate made me realize I was still missing it terribly, which is what made me want to migrate.

Now, a Japanese speaking LS, on the other hand, open to non-native speakers who've only passed the JLPT N3... that would be a find and a half (even though that has nothing to do with RP. I can dream.).

There is actually space in the main one now but we have many people in both main and overflow so we can pass messages about LFRP back and forth. Just poke myself or one of the other leaders for an invite!

That's brilliant! I'll be keeping an eye out tonight then. Thank you very kindly! :moogle:

Now, a Japanese speaking LS, on the other hand, open to non-native speakers who've only passed the JLPT N3... that would be a find and a half (even though that has nothing to do with RP. I can dream.).

I've been using

http://www.memrise.com/user/jlptbootcamp/courses/teaching/

His N4 courses to study, he also has an amazing blog that hosts numerous bits of information. His study material does everything from the basics to the very advanced so I try to recommend him where ever I can.

I used to (in 1.0) play on Sarganates, and had a similar experience where I realized I wanted something outside the mechanical challenges to interact with. Though I had the same series of events happen in WoW so I sometimes wonder how I managed to surprise myself.

Welcome! And I LOVE Da Vinci's Notebook. The moment I saw this title, I immediately thought of that song and immediately had to stop in and--yes! You did it!

My character, Val Nunh, isn't exactly the most respectable individual and he lacks a great many social graces, but you're more than welcome to contact me in game under that moniker and I'd be more than happy to RP with you!

Welcome (back) to the server!

I've been using

http://www.memrise.com/user/jlptbootcamp/courses/teaching/

His N4 courses to study, he also has an amazing blog that hosts numerous bits of information. His study material does everything from the basics to the very advanced so I try to recommend him where ever I can.

I used to (in 1.0) play on Sarganates, and had a similar experience where I realized I wanted something outside the mechanical challenges to interact with. Though I had the same series of events happen in WoW so I sometimes wonder how I managed to surprise myself.

Dang, the N2 course looks hyooj. (That's a technical term.) I currently work with iKnow for my vocabulary, but since passing the N3 last year I've been lax. Yet I know the leap up to N2 is quite high. Thanks for the link! I'm gonna check this out in my downtime.

Welcome! And I LOVE Da Vinci's Notebook. The moment I saw this title, I immediately thought of that song and immediately had to stop in and--yes! You did it!

My character, Val Nunh, isn't exactly the most respectable individual and he lacks a great many social graces, but you're more than welcome to contact me in game under that moniker and I'd be more than happy to RP with you!

Welcome (back) to the server!

Thank you, Val! I thought it would be a possible ice breaker to try, so I'm glad you caught it and that it worked somewhat! :lol:

I'll keep an eye out for you in game; thanks for the warm welcome! :love: