Hello (again)!

Kaiz

Hello, everyone. I am a returning player from waaaay back in the early days of the original FF14. Some friends recommended ARR to me, and I happened to have a stack of Crysta left on my account, so I restored my old account and have hopped back into the game again. 

It's been a long time since I played, however, so I don't really know much about the new system and I don't know how much the lore has changed. Based on the intro of the game, I know it's been 5 years since the previous version, but I don't really know what has happened in that time. 

Anyways, I'm interested in joining up with a linkshell (or free company? Not too clear on what those are yet), but I suppose I have to sort out my character profile first. I'm hoping to find some direction here on the forums, either IC or OOC. I'm very excited to see how far the game has come.

Howdy and welcome back into the realm.

Your main story will do a decent job to recap the basics of the ending story of 1.0 over to 2.0, though, you may also be interested in watching the non-legacy introduction to the game as we have two different beginning cutscenes. (easy to find on youtube)

Both Balmung and Gilgamesh have OOC linkshells to hook up with the community in game which I recommend, I know on Balmung we are on our 3rd OOC hub. I can't speak for Gilga as I'm not on that server. Since I'm not sure what server you are on, all I can offer is that you look through the linkshells on your selected server and see which ones you are interested in on an IC level. Either way, since you can have up to 8 linkshells, I would still join the OOC RP hub for your server to keep connected.

If you have any specific questions about things, I am sure people are more than willing to help with answering them. If you need a more in depth ending lore recap of 1.0 I found this a bit ago and while it's long, it was a good resource to me.

Ah, of course. I'm on Balmung as well. Used to be on Besaid, but I guess it's been merged or renamed. 

Thanks for the link as well, it was very informative (and it's nice to know that Merri is still around).

One thing I'm missing is a timeline of events, though. In Ver 1.0, my character had been in Ala Mhigo when it was attacked, which, reading his profile, was aparently 15 years prior to the game. As far as I understand from the opening, it's been 5 years since Ver 1, so am I correct in concluding that the Empire's capture of Ala Mhigo was 20 years ago?