A good site for a character journal?

I'm seriously considering setting up an IC journal for Asytra. I had a lot of fun using the Captain's Log feature in STO and I think that it would be fun for Asytra to keep a journal of her travels. I'm hoping it could help fuel my creative spark and get me back to making 3D things too.

I'm just not really sure what sites are best for this sort of thing? Ideally I would like to have these features...

-A layout that looks like an old book and you have your entries on the pages

-A font that others can see that looks like handwriting though is still readable

-Ability to have other sections (Books, in my case, I may keep another one for crafting)

A comment feature might be nice but comments would be OOC obviously, I wouldn't anyone be scribblin' in muh books!!!

If anyone can help me out with finding a site I would be much appreciative!

Also it would be EXTREMELY cool if there was something out there that actually used Flash or something to present the journal as an actual book that you could flip through the pages but you could still, as the admin, add your entries easily.

However I don't know flash at all...

Well, before you go and do that, keep in mind that the Player Site for FFXIV is actually going to allow for things such as journal entries, archives of entries, as well as uploading of images and pictures of your exploits.

I can't necessarily assure you that it'll look like a ye olde book, but from what I remember when dabbling with it in Closed Beta, it did look like pages in a book. I don't recall font being changeable, however. Or other sections. It did allow for tags, so one way around a lack of sections is to just be on the ball with tags, i.e. tags for OOC entries, IC entries, crafting information you want to share or write for your own sake, and the like. Also, you were able to see other people's updates to their journals, as everyone had a feed widget which let you track certain people, or see the newest entries from the entire community.

Just throwing that out there. It might not have the customizations you want, but I liked it when I had it, and it got the job done.

Well, before you go and do that, keep in mind that the Player Site for FFXIV is actually going to allow for things such as journal entries, archives of entries, as well as uploading of images and pictures of your exploits.

I can't necessarily assure you that it'll look like a ye olde book, but from what I remember when dabbling with it in Closed Beta, it did look like pages in a book. I don't recall font being changeable, however. Or other sections. It did allow for tags, so one way around a lack of sections is to just be on the ball with tags, i.e. tags for OOC entries, IC entries, crafting information you want to share or write for your own sake, and the like. Also, you were able to see other people's updates to their journals, as everyone had a feed widget which let you track certain people, or see the newest entries from the entire community.

Just throwing that out there. It might not have the customizations you want, but I liked it when I had it, and it got the job done.

Oh ok I was totally unaware that SE was doing this.

That's pretty sweet, really.

I have a blog I've outfitted with a bit of what you describe (link in sig). It's Wordpress, very versatile and customisable if you know a bit of php and css.

If SE is doing such a thing (I didn't know either) then it may be worthwhile to wait until it is available. :)

Woops, spoke too soon. :oops: