A new soul in the community

Thalnas

Hello there !

Let me introduce myself briefly :

I am a quite new player on the game (it's been a few days now), and in my quest for RP, I happened to find this site (which appears crowded :D).

Actually, RP is for me one of the most, if not THE most, important part of playing a MMO. That is why I would also like to join the community on its main server (I suppose people did gather on a specific one). 

So here's what I'm asking : what is the said server ?

And, would there be (a) kind soul(s) to help me get integrated and used to this game's RP and lore ?

Hoping to see you all soon IG !

Heyo, welcome!

I'm a brand new player to XIV ARR as well, but the people here have been very nice and the people who I've talked to have been more than happy to help me out with things I was confused on, or didn't have the confidence to tackle, so I think you'll do great here.

There are two RP servers that his site focuses on if I recall correctly; Balmung and Gilgamesh. I play on Balmung, but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of nice people on Gilga too - some people say that Gilga is a little more...I don't know, closely knit. You'd have to ask someone more experienced!

Anyway, hope you have a good time playing. :)

Howdy! Black Hat here, one of the resident Gilgameshians!

Both servers have a thriving RP community right now, so it's really a measure of choice than statistic. As a side note, the game is opening world transfer to Legacy Servers next month!

Originally, Balmung was a Legacy server. In loose terms, it's a server comprised of players from the original 1.0 version of the game. Balmung was touted as the official RP server at the time of relaunch and because of that, it has a head start where the RP is concerned. Most RPers started there when the servers beta'd and then went live.

Gilgamesh, on the other hand, is non-legacy. It was a new(ish) server at launch but now, many months into the game, the difference between the two is rather minimal. I played on Balmung first, then transferred to Gilgamesh and found that the Gilgamesh community is just as lively and entertaining with events as Balmung is.

My suggestion would be to meet some folks on here, cruise the Linkshells tab up top there and see if any of the free companies on it appeal to you as an RPer. Make contact, then decide what server to be on. It's all about having fun, after all.

Cheers!

-Black Hat

Welcome welcome!! Black Hat has the right of it. I'm a fellow Gilgamesh-er (ian?) but I can say with good certainty that both servers have a lot of different things to offer you! That being said, you could always create two characters and see which one kicks off better...or heck! Maybe they'll both take off!

Hope to see you around on the forums, at the very least! Feel free to ask any questions!

Howdy doody! I just started recently too (lvl18) but due to college stuff can only really play on weekends for the most part. I'm on Gilgamesh and have been focused on leveling at the moment hoping to reach a point where the world is more free for me to travel through.

All the same if you choose to play on Gilgamesh I may be floating about though I'm more of a light roleplayer/observer for the most part, atleast for now.

Black Hat has it best: if you can't decide, the best thing to do is to cruise on both servers for a bit.  That's usually my suggestion to these threads. 

Also, welcome to the RPC!  ^^  If/when you appear on Gilgamesh, please, do not hesitate to poke me.