Marina the Grey

I. Basic Info

•  
  • Characters:Marina the Grey (Marina Grey)
  • Primary character:Marina Grey

• Linkshells: Lominsan Society, Unsung Heroes Rp, USH Alliance Chat

• Primary RP linkshell: Lominsan Society

II. RP Style

•  
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Heavy!  I learned MMO RP in a WoW heavy RP guild called the Cheshire Cats where even our guild channel was IC, so less than heavy in a guild or FC tends to bug me honestly.  I can tolerate it if I'm still getting decent RP elsewhere but if it comes down to it I will ALWAYS choose the heavy RP guild with IC channels over one with RP as one of it's catch-all lures.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

Text RP during an in game combat usually frustrates me since I'm not always a quick typist.  Combat-wise I usually let the on screen actions speak for me or leave the combat exclusively in a text/emote format.  

I have RPed injuries on many occasions, though mostly in settings without high amounts of healing magic (like Pern).  In high magic settings I tend to RP flaws more than injuries.  For example a character who had her body completely rebuilt with healing may not have been put back together quite right.  Maybe she needs a magical amulet in order to talk now and if she draws on it too heavily she'll loose her ability to speak period.  Minor things that are more flavor than actual issues.

• Views on IC romance:

Love makes the world go round and game worlds are no different.  After all, no one would have cried when Aeris died if we hadn't (at least on some level) grown to love her beforehand.  In an RP setting it's doubly important I think because it helps make our characters feel more real to us.  Plus it's adorable playing out those initial stages of 'getting to know you'.  I don't like planning for romances since, while they may work out, they don't feel the same.  My best in character relationships have all formed of their own accord, often against whatever I myself wanted for that character.

ERP wise I don't like it publically... I personally feel that when you ERP in public you might as well be staring in a Penthouse letter for everyone else around you.  Privately I tend to go with whatever my RP partner is comfortable with.  Fading to black is fine with me but I also enjoy fleshing out details as it were.  But on the same note it's not like we all don't know what happens when you fade to black anyway.  ^^

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

Again without these things I find it's hard to get a real feel for your character.  Family ties should probably be coordinated OOCly but friendships built in game make RP worth it for me personally.  Even if my character is romantically involved with someone it's the friendships and regular RP that really build the characters.  Anyone can RP a sex scene (even if it's badly done they CAN do it) but it's hard to fill those wee hours between dramatic events with small talk.  

• Views on lore:

Lore is important but I don't think anyone should have to turn lore-reading into their second job in order to enjoy RP.  If I don't know something lore-wise, my character just doesn't either.  Of course often even if I do know something in the lore my characters still won't and I will play them that way.  

That said I actually don't know quite as much about the Final Fantasy lore as I probably should, though I do make an effort to read up on what I can find or ask when I need to.  

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

Not really sure what this is supposed to be for but... I prefer all channels to be IC unless it's specifically an OOC channel.  Party chat is a little different since you often party up with non-RPers but other than that if I say something and it's not in "(( ))" then it's IC.

III. Other Info

•  

• Timezone: EST (GMT -5)

• Contact info: In game messaging or via Skype (Missing Aria)

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]