Roleplay Lockup! (April 6)

I have a new event for you, guys!

PLOT

It’s you and one other against the forces of nature when a particularly harsh sandstorm blows throughout Thanalan, knocking out the population’s access to both mundane and magical forms of travel and communication. You and your new partner must not only seek out shelter from the worst storm the area has seen in many, many years but must also tolerate one another’s company until the storm passes. Without the aid of your linkpearls to communicate with the outside world and with no means of travel, you’re going to have a lot of time to get to know one another. I hope you’re ready for the Lockup.

Locked_by_Fallakka.jpg

Who Can Participate?:

Everyone! Just sign up with me and I’ll pair you up with astranger to RP out this specific plot.

How Much Does This Cost?:

Aside from your time, there is no cost. I just want you to roleplay with someone new!

How Many People Are Involved?:

The goal of this event is to get you acquainted with someone you might not have otherwise interacted with. I don’t want any wallflowers in this RP, so it’s just two of you together.

Where Does This Take Place?

RP-Wise, by default, the plot calls for this to be Thanalan because of a crazy sandstorm blowing in. But you two can change that plot however you want. It can be that you’re both lone survivors on the ocean off of Limsa Lominsa. You two can be lost in heavy fog in the Shroud. Feel free to manipulate this plot together however you want to in order to make it work. The most important elements are: You cannot talk to anyone but your partner during the course of the RP and you cannot teleport or walk away from it until it is done. It’s an RP lockup with a focus on meeting someone new and giving them all of your attention.

Mechanically, it can take place wherever you want. Meet in-game, use a chat program, use the enjin or RPC forums, if you live down the road from each other meet up that way… As long as the two of you agree on a communication form, it’s anything goes. If you could write a short summary of the results so I can happily read about it: yay! It’s not required though. This is for fun; it’s not homework!

How do I Sign Up?

I’m opening up about thirty slots (so 15 pairs). If you are interested in this send me a message on the RPC, the Driftwood enjin site or on Skype with this form filled out for me:

Your Character Name:

Availability:

Acceptable RP Mediums (In-game, google hangout, skype,forums, etc…)

Requests: (“Don’t pair me with Xi”, for instance)

Contact Info: (I’ll send this part to your lockup partner soyou guys can start communicating)

When Is the Sign Up Deadline?

When Does the Event Start?

Anytime after you are paired up you two can do the lockup.It’s up to you! Please try to be considerate of one another though and don’t sign up for the lockup if you think you have no time to actually do it. Your partner might be really excited to get started and will be sad if you keep putting them off.

More questions you might be wondering about…

Is This an ERP Event?

That’s not the point, but I’m not gonna stop you. I’m not even going to be there! If you both agree to it, that’s none of my business. But please do not push it or make your RP partner uncomfortable by trying to coerce them into it. Be mindful and considerate of one another, please.

Why Can’t I Just Do This With Someone I know?

Go ahead if you like! I’m not going to stop that either. But this event is specifically so you can widen your RP circle and maybe meet someone new to interact with. Shake your RP scene up a bit! That’s why I’m doing sign ups and pairings.

My Character: Would Just Find a Quick Way Out/ Would NotTalk To A Stranger

You might want to take a pass on this then. We’re using a bit of patented Hand-Wavium Technology here (it’s Garlean) so you have a plot to wrap one-on-one RP with a stranger around. If you don’t think your character would do any of this and don’t want to think of a way to make it fit- don’t feel like you have to sign up. There are lots of ways to RP so you should do it however you like.

**art by fallakka

Another event I'd love to see on Balmung.

I would join, if this was on Balmung ^^

If you guys don't mind doing the RP on the forums here or on Skype or something, there's reason I'd block you from signing up for it anyway. ^_^  It just means you can't meet in game is all.  RP is RP and I support it in any form and medium! There are about 18 people signed up already and some of them have stated that other venues outside the game are OK for them. So consider it, if you like. *grin*

Or feel free to yank this from me and stick it on Balmung. It'd be swell to get credit for the idea, though, and even better if I could have access to any journals or write ups of people's RP who do it there.

I was about to eagerly raise my hand and get a chance to RP my miqo'te, but... Balmung ;w;

I actually don't mind RPing over Skype or forums (in fact, I even prefer it). However, If my character is going to make a new friend/enemy, I'd like that person to be from my server in order to ensure future plots. So... cross-servers RP might not be a good idea for me *cries*.

In any case, this is a great idea that encourages RP and meeting new characters. Very good job! I hope everyone has fun~

Message sent! This sounds awesome!

^_^ YAY! I've got you added!

I was about to eagerly raise my hand and get a chance to RP my miqo'te, but... Balmung ;w;

I actually don't mind RPing over Skype or forums (in fact, I even prefer it). However, If my character is going to make a new friend/enemy, I'd like that person to be from my server in order to ensure future plots. So... cross-servers RP might not be a good idea for me *cries*.

In any case, this is a great idea that encourages RP and meeting new characters. Very good job! I hope everyone has fun~

Thank you; I really appreciate that. And that makes total sense. I really don't mind if you copy this event on Balmung. People RPing is a beautiful thing!

That’s not the point, but I’m not gonna stop you. I’m not even going to be there! If you both agree to it, that’s none of my business. But please do not push it or make your RP partner uncomfortable by trying to coerce them into it. Be mindful and considerate of one another, please.

Thinking of signing up and making sure we're in Coerthas for NO other reason than I want to use the line, "If we don't huddle together for warmth, we'll die in this cold!"

I'm also going to have a Les Stroud-style talk as I set up rabbit traps.

In all seriousness, I'd really love to go, but it's my wife's birthday that weekend, so I can't... :(

Thinking of signing up and making sure we're in Coerthas for NO other reason than I want to use the line, "If we don't huddle together for warmth, we'll die in this cold!"

HA!! That is almost exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about when I came up with this. All the Asian dramas and anime that feature scenes like that were a super inspiration. "Oh no! We're stuck in this broken elevator together!", "Oh no, our clothes are completely drenched and we have to hole up in this tiny shack with just one blanket!" xD

Incidentally, there isn't just one day that this is happening. The only date on here is the date that I will stop taking sign ups. The couples can decide when they want to do the actual RP so that real life can take precedence.

YAY! I'm starting to get the pairings sent out for thosethat have signed up already, so please check Skype or your inbox to see if I have sent you something. But that doesn't mean that the event is closed. Keep signing up! We've got 12 pairs already and there's no limit on how many people can sign up.

HA!! That is almost exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about when I came up with this. All the Asian dramas and anime that feature scenes like that were a super inspiration. "Oh no! We're stuck in this broken elevator together!", "Oh no, our clothes are completely drenched and we have to hole up in this tiny shack with just one blanket!" xD

Incidentally, there isn't just one day that this is happening. The only date on here is the date that I will stop taking sign ups. The couples can decide when they want to do the actual RP so that real life can take precedence.

Sign me up, then.  It might have to be a week or so, though.  This weekend is the wife's birthday, next weekend (hopefully) we move into our new apartment.

But I'd love to be able to RP eventually.  This seems like a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...