Drawing for the Brave

Eckzein

Thanks ^ ^

Edit: I'm pretty messy and lazy when I first start the drawing. I rarely get by with only one underdrawing, it usually takes me 3-4 attempts at the pose before I get something proportional, and spatially acceptable. As for my lines, (sketch app helps) I actually end up erasing to get them. My drawing tablet is rather clunky and these simple drawings can be pretty big time sinks. The latest 'Sounsyy Mirke' took something like 10-11 hours. 4 of those were just for the underdrawing as I kept tweaking and redrawing the thing. I'm fairly proud of it cause the proportions are mostly there along with the slight twists of form and spatial believability, all that and the semi foreshortened forearm.

I use a trial version of an art program and the thing compresses my layers when I exit. I sorta made a mistake while erasing so this is the final product, fer now.

SounssyJ_zpsda4e6e45.jpg

She could use a beer, or a cold glass of milk.

Edit: I'll be taking a brief hiatus to focus on drawing related studies.

You still need any practice characters? I could let you use my Arala with a more casual wear of clothes instead. Unless you want to draw that armor on her :P

Sure, send a Pm with a couple of reference shots. And if you have any ideas for the pose let me know too. Hopefully will be done in a week or two ',..,'

AraloMakeoj_zps74e7eb43.jpg

I plan on trying my hand at crosshatching. If not than I'll go back to the old way. Anyway, took me about a whole days worth of work just to refine drawing ( I blame my tablet). >,<

Not terribly fond of how I drew that hair but I'll live with it.

Edit: I need to redraw her lower leg, the clothes aren't matching up with the knee -.-

AraloMakeoj_zps74e7eb43.jpg

I plan on trying my hand at crosshatching. If not than I'll go back to the old way. Anyway, took me about a whole days worth of work just to refine drawing ( I blame my tablet). >,<

Not terribly fond of how I drew that hair but I'll live with it.

Edit: I need to redraw her lower leg, the clothes aren't matching up with the knee -.-

it's quite alright. I am just glad I could lend my character for you to practice on :3