New Cat on Balmung.

Hey guys!

Looking for a Linkshell or Free company to join.  I moved from Goblin where I was in a huge free company.  Sort of miss being able to log on and hang out with people.

I've been hanging around for a bit.  I haven't really had the chance to engage the RP community much, yet.  I'd like to meet more of you.  In the past I've ranged from totally in character all of the time to only rarely RPing.  Mostly I think its about how people are responding to my character, if I keep getting a lot of negative crap from everyone, I loose motivation, but as long as its fun I can commit to it.  /shrug.

MMOs, I cut my teeth on something called Dark Ages of Camelot.  A local group had formed  a guild and we all played together.  I had a Lurikeen Nightshade (rogue is stealth/melee type) called Trip Hazard.  Lots of fun, we where all RPers and there was a connection outside of the game as well.

Then I got a WoW Alpha invite.  /sigh  So much of my life is gone.  <_<

I played from Alpha until the relaunch of this game.  I only ever played one character, one class.  I had a Gnome Warlock, to be more accurate, a Mechagnome Warlock, which pissed a lot of people off when I RP'd her until late in the game when Mechagnomes where actually added.  I played the character and class through completely unwanted to OMG super over powered and back again.  I went to Blizzcons, read the books, knew the lore like I know my own story worlds.  It was a fun escape, I met a lot of nice people.  But the people moved on, I started loosing interest, didn't find new people to hang out with and one day I found a dusty copy of Collector's Edition V1.0 for FFXIV sitting on a game stop shelf.  Then I found out they where going to turn the servers off in a couple of months so I started surfing MMO trials looking for something different to play.  I got a closed beta invite and I've enjoyed playing this game very much.  It seems to suit my style of playing one character, but I can be anything in game, which is nice because I don't have to keep switching to different characters all the time.  Not a multi-character person.

My character's are always full of silly beans.  Often smart mouthed, independent and a bag of mixed nuts all at the same time.  I like to have fun, I'm not above sticking a fish in someone's pocket just because I have a fish, and their pocket was right there.  I like to keep things light, adventurous.  My characters are always curious to the point of getting themselves into trouble.  Think comedy side kick.

Which, is why I choose a Miqo'te.  Seems like cat people would be very much into silliness and fun, but when the serious face goes on, stuff happens Neow!  :D

Character backgroud:

Vyndelynn Sunseeker originally had been on retainer for an adventure.  Misfortune befell the adventure during the events that ended V1.0 and she was stuck with all of his crap.  She had once been a part of a traditional Miqo'te tribe, but the adventure changed her name to something more, urban.  With a few coins in her pocket, some "borrowed" armor, she decided to go see the world herself.  Turns out she wasn't half bad with a bow and ended up becoming a Bard.  But, then she began to realize that Magic Cat, is very Magical.  That's when she started cracking the books.  Books are fine, there is more to magic than just one path, so now she's learning about WHM and BLM sides of slinging Aether.   At some point in the future she's going to decide that she needs some marshal skills as well, which will be me leveling up some DoM classes.

She's very curious, that is usually how she ends up being drawn into sticky situations.  She's pretty good at getting herself back out, but she has her limits and she's not afraid to admit it, or walk away when things are just too much for her.  A live Miqo'te can adventure another day.  Same goes with people, she doesn't have much patience for depressing or mean people.  Helpful cat, is always very helpful, just ask!

So, want to poke things you probably shouldn't poke with me?  :lol:

Vyn

Hello, Vyn! Welcome to Balmung and the RPC! It's good to have you here. :D I'm glad to chat or role-play anytime, so feel free to say hello if you see me around or send a /tell. If you're looking for an RP FC, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We'd be happy to have you! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

Hello, Vyn! Welcome to Balmung and the RPC! It's good to have you here. :D I'm glad to chat or role-play anytime, so feel free to say hello if you see me around or send a /tell. If you're looking for an RP FC, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We'd be happy to have you! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

/wave

I'll have to check you guys out a bit later tonight. 

Vyn