Black and Blue (Semi-Open)

I'mimiza found his answer a bit vague and wondered if there was more to the story than Flit let on. She shook those thoughts of her head, truly not wanting to doubt her newest friend.

"Interestin'." Miza stated with intrigue. The look in her eyes hinted that she wanted more answers. The young sellsword looked up at the sky as she was asked about her own past, as if the clouds in the sky held her memories. "S'pose I'm the same as yerself. A lil' bit of wanderin' here and there. I learned most of my techniques when I was drafted into the 'Cudas."

Her head came back down from the clouds and focused on Flit. "It's a pretty long story. Maybe I could tell ya more when we get that drink sometime, huh?"

He thought of his face and laughed, holding his hand up to his head as he did so. Ruru didn't miss her own evasive answer and didn't judge. He didn't know her circumstances and as he had secrets so would she.

"You know....my face hurts....my arms are sore, and it's too nice to try and fight any more."

He smiled looking back to her.

"What say we go for the drink now? I could use it."

Miza considered Flit's offer. She was a bit sore herself having neglected her own personal training for a few days. Internally, the Miqo'te made her decision causing a smile to spread across her face.

"That sounds like just what you and me need." Her arms crossed, she looked over at Limsa Lominsa and then back to Flit. "Ready when ya are."

As they walked, he stretched and tried to stay loose. He still had guard duty the next day and didn't want to be stiff for the job.

"So you ever travel outside of this area? I mean to places like Gridania or Ul'dah? I ask out of curiousity."

The sun was starting to sink lower in the horizon, casting black silhouettes in the sky beyond. He felt his eye swelling and smiled to himself. Kink would certainly tease him about it. Particularly since it was at Miza's hands. He'd been hard on her when they first met and was feeling regretful for his behavior.

She rolled her neck to try to keep things loose. This motion was interrupted by Flit's question and replaced by a brief twitching of Miza's ears. Her legs kept moving however, intent on reaching their destination.

"I grew up here on Vylbrand." Her eyes closed briefly as she took in another therapeutic gust of wind. "Only places I've been are out in the sea and a couple of islands in The Cieldalaes. I was actually on my way to Aldenard 'til I ran into you and Zhi at the docks." Miza turned to Flit and flashed him a toothy grin. "Kinda glad things turned out like they did. What about yerself?"

He grinned back at her and nodded in agreement. "Aye...was glad to have met you. I...."

He paused, trying to form the words as he didn't do this very well. He sighed and shook his head a bit. "Want to apologize, Miza. I acted like a chocobo's ass the day we met...was hard on you and doubted your...well, most everything, really. Had no reason to."

Though his face was red from the fight, he was blushing. "So, I'm sorry. You're...solid as far as I'm concerned. And I'm glad to call you my partner."

He looked away and continued onward, hoping she didn't see his face grow a shade of deeper red.

Miza looked at Flit, pursing her lips before shaking her head. She reached down to ruffled his hair a little bit.

"No need to apologize. I got to beat yer ass in anyways, right?" Miza cheerfully observed. Though in all honesty, the only person she wanted an apology from was Zhavi. "We're partners now, so water under the bridge and all that."

Thankfully for Flit, the Miqo'te didn't seem to notice his blushing. She occasionally would glance down at him, but for the most part, her gaze was kept forward as the two walked along the path back to the city.

She made him giggle as she recounted the beating he took. They were square now. They walked in silence for some time as they approched the Zephyr Gate and he stopped her and looked up at her smiling, even through the bruises.

"Someday I'll show you the woods of the Shroud....the deserts of Thanalan, and if you're up to it, the snows of Coerthas. No one should be denied the beauty those landscapes offer. I promise you that."

This time he did blush befor clearing his throat.

"Ahem....haha. Maybe we should head in to get that drink."

It was odd finally having a considerate partner despite whatever rough beginnings Miza had with him. In the teams she had been part of in the past, she had not been treated in the best of ways thanks to her criminal background. Out of the destinations Flit had listed, Miza was most interested in visiting the Twelveswood for her own person reasons. As much as she would like to travel, she looked down at her partner and gave him a face of uncertainty.

"Think yer forgettin' about Zhi." Miza stated, looking up at the Zephyr Gate herself. Rather than go further in detail, she shrugged and grinned. "Yeah, I'd say it's time fer that drink." Unlike Flit, her face was not red at all despite her somewhat cheery disposition.

When Ruru heard her mention Zhi (Kink...she'd always be Kink to him for some reason) he paused, considering....and then chuckled. "I'm not sure she wants to the see the Shroud, let alone the sands of Thanalan." His voice was jovial but he knew in the back of his mind that there was something haunted that relationship between Miza and Zhi. He'd seen Zhi's reactions on the docks when they'd run into her. Saw it now in Miza's expression.

When she grinned and said it was time for the drink he nodded and said, "Aye... definitely time for it....and another likely."

It had been a hell of a day.

((The following occurs after in game rp scene))

His eye blinked open, half-lidded and swollen. He tried to move a hand to touch at the sore area on his face...well...his whole face hurt so it didn't matter where he touched. His arm had been pinned under his chest and he realized he was on the floor in the room and not the bed. Alulu was gone and he was glad she didn't see him in this state.

His head was killing him and he groaned, rolling to his back. He knew the feeling well. Ruru was hungover. He remembered he'd been drinking ale with Miza after their fight outside the city. He had been drinking fast, flirting....

Wait. Had they....?

He stood up quickly, the pain worth it and checked the bed. It was empty and he sighed in relief. He didn't need Kink walking in on that scenario. He remembered very little aside from the beach and a swimsuit. He shook his head, sure his memory was playing tricks on him. Ruru just prayed to the Twelve he hadn't said anything stupid to Miza.

-Knock knock-

It was Kink and Miza. They had entered and the words suddenly bled into his head. Kink was saying familair names and some unfamiliar. Coatleque Crofte informing....risk to Ruru....man named Krell. All of it was a blur but he remembered his own meeting with Crofte in the Drowning Wench and it had dawned on him.

Krell. Nonotano.

They were the same man.

When his mind had deduced this, the weight was crushing and he had collapsed to his knees. And he was scared. Terrified for the first time in a long while. Nono was supposed to be dead. And now here was Kink delivering news that this dead man was alive and well and looking for him. She was scolding him for bringing his baggage to Limsa but he barely heard the words. An apology leaked from his lips but he kept envisioning his brother's face and then he remembered Alulu. He'd already lost so much to brother and he didn't want to lose her too.

He tried to gather his thoughts as Kink was issuing commands to Miza. She would be watching over him, ensuring his safety. That caused him concern as well. Miza didn't know Nonotano....didn't know of his cruelty...hadn't seen the stabbed bodies of his mother and sister, nor the gleam of vicious pleasur eon his eye when he confronted Ruru. So he was also concerned for her as well.

While yesterday had been a hell of a day, this day was shaping up to just be hell.

((Continued to the Dockside Caper: Second Time Around thread))