Hello, RP please?

Hello,

Unfortunately, I'm rather new to the community (This is only my first week playing the game), but I would like to get into the RPing aspect of it. I was hoping someone could assist. 

I'm looking to RP on FFXIV and need a place to begin. I would really like to make a few connections and play around some where. I'm willing to play male or female and I'm willing to join in on plots already started as long as I have a pretty good foothold of what the heck I'm supposed to be doing. 

I'm 27, have been RPing for over 15 years on forum based RPs and am up for some massive adventuring. I prefer to play hyurs more than any other race. If the plot is good enough I'd be willing to play Elezen. Because this is my first time RPing on FFXIV, I hope to find RP partners that would have a little bit of patience as I learn. I promise I pick things up fast.

I do not want any plots in which cybering is the end goal. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to throw in here, but for my own peace of mine, I'm adding it. 

Thanks... lastly... anyone interested?

Welcome to the RPC!

I know it can be a little daunting to walk in on, but stick around and pop into a forum here or there! You'll find plenty of friendly faces to help you through things here.

Which server did you go with?

Regardless, the linkshell hall is a great place to start looking through recruiting companies! The "Making Connections" forum is also a good place to start finding stories to fit into.

If you need anything don't hesitate to ask, there are always plenty of people willing to lend a hand. :)

If you find me in game (Balmung server), please say hello!

I'm on Siren as my regular non-RP character with my brother who has no interest in RP. I am willing to make a second character on an RP server in order to have a little fun. 

Basically, I just don't know where to start. I'm not sure what the culture is like--whether there are "Want Ads" for specific types of characters or otherwise. 

I have heard that Balmung is a Legacy Server. Would that be the right place for someone as fresh as myself?

I'm on Siren as my regular non-RP character with my brother who has no interest in RP. I am willing to make a second character on an RP server in order to have a little fun. 

Basically, I just don't know where to start. I'm not sure what the culture is like--whether there are "Want Ads" for specific types of characters or otherwise. 

I have heard that Balmung is a Legacy Server. Would that be the right place for someone as fresh as myself?

People often post here looking for people to play certain types of characters or to fill certain roles in their own groups and stories. :) As for Balmung being a Legacy server, it's really no different or no less welcoming than any other server.

As of right now, Balmung is not accepting new characters. I seem to be at a stand still. I guess, I was hoping to fill in a slot for a character that desperately needed me. >.> 

I wish I wasn't so lost--I took a look at the linkshells and found myself a bit overwhelmed.

As of right now, Balmung is not accepting new characters. I seem to be at a stand still. I guess, I was hoping to fill in a slot for a character that desperately needed me. >.> 

I wish I wasn't so lost--I took a look at the linkshells and found myself a bit overwhelmed.

The server tends to slow down later at night--I'd say wait for a few hours, but there will be a patch tonight. Still, try late at night or early morning, you can usually enter the server easily then. :) Also if you make a new thread searching for roles to fill in others' stories, I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses. Just slow down and take things one step at a time, things aren't so overwhelming when you remember these are all decisions to make at your own leisure. You can spend some time browsing through the LS's and narrow them down to the ones that are active and appeal to you.

Character creation is usually open very early in the mornings. I know for me I'm able to make characters anywhere from 3am to 8am (CST).