Material/Makeup Question

So I'm using the new "Carnage Sword" as my weapon glamour, because the color matches the Valor set so well. My only problem is... how do I describe what this thing is made out of? The hilt, grip, and pommel are easy, but the blade itself looks like either some kind of frosted glass or crystal.

Going by the items crafting materials makes no sense, because it's a bronze sword with... aldgoat leather added to it.

I had thought about just calling it some kind of blue steel, but that feels like a cop-out. Anyone have a better idea?

So I'm using the new "Carnage Sword" as my weapon glamour, because the color matches the Valor set so well.  My only problem is... how do I describe what this thing is made out of?  The hilt, grip, and pommel are easy, but the blade itself looks like either some kind of frosted glass or crystal.

Going by the items crafting materials makes no sense, because it's a bronze sword with... aldgoat leather added to it.

I had thought about just calling it some kind of blue steel, but that feels like a cop-out.  Anyone have a better idea?

Luckily, metals are in fact crystals too (This blew my mind when I discovered this.) so i'd recommend, as Warren did, going with the "Aetherically enhanced aspect-less crystal" approach.

Remember! In Eorzea, anything is possible if you wish for it hard enough... and crazy as it sounds, that is canon xD

From a real life standpoint you can always add in different elements to cause a reaction for another color. Or it can be a coating over the true blade to not compromise the strength of the blade itself.

Renn Faire Blacksmith demonstration for the win!