o_o/

Binkan

'lo,

I'm gonna follow the template, on account of me being fairly uneducated in the whole RP biz,

--MMORPG background

-I loved FFXI, and played a little of it (as much as time, money and computing power allowed for at the time. I played some F2P mmo based on shin megami tensei, that is about all I remember of it. I have played more FFXIV than I would consider healthy, if it were food, I'd have a weight problem, if it were a drug.. I might be dead.

--RP experience

Less impressive than my MMO experience. and from 10 years ago. makes me feel old. I think I've said enough.

Although I would like to point out my knowledge/experience of forum etiquette is equally limited, so please don't hesitate to correct me if you feel you need to.

--Character ideas/info

Binkan has a fair idea about who he is, a Dunesfolk Lalafell with Plainsfolk name highlighting his mixed heritage. He's also aware that his name is generally seen as unusual, though as much as possible he tries to ignore that... not that it bothers him. He came from large family, with whom he mostly got on well with, but left his homeland (fairly) far behind to set out on his own, he feels as though its in his blood to do so (based on what he knows of his paternal ancestry).

Currently on the path to being a Scholar, He feels like he's doomed to be a jack of all trades (and master of none), though he's also secretly quite confident in his spell-craft and judgement; He'll feign modesty if it ever complimented on these two things. Binkan tries to be an optimist succeeds maybe  a little over half of the time.  As an adventurer, Binkan tries to focus on what opportunities are available, what ever is amusing and finding a balance between that.

He dislikes arguments, though can come off as argumentative when he corrects people who contradict his core belief which is: that there are no absolutes... or there are very few absolutes. It's probably safe to say he often over thinks things.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I googled for FFXIV rp groups.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

The same way I like my steak, somewhere between rare and medium rare.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I used to be in to martial arts before training to be a scholar took over, now I'm working towards being at least as good as I used to be.

My area of expertise would be psychological neuroscience, since I can't think of a fantasy equivalent... blue magic?

I'm Binkan

Currently I'm here for the weekend, and I've started a new character on Balmung.

I won't be playing until I've finished my thesis, but I figure it can't hurt to start my research and look for a nice group in the mean time.

end of introduction

Hey there! Ahaha, don't worry about feeling old -- there are numerous people playing here who have left their youth behind them. And, there are also a plethora of great Free Company and Linkshells who can claim wonderful members. One thing you can say about the community here is how friendly it is, and how open to outsiders. So long as you're willing to put in some effort, you shouldn't have a problem acclimating.

Check out the Linkshell/FC Hall if you haven't already.

Welcome to the RPC! I hope your thesis goes smoothly, and once you're able to indulge in more game time that you're able to find the rp you're looking for.

I wouldn't say I've left my youth behind me, just thinking about the last time I RP'd being in terms of years and in double figures seemed like a long time.

I've looked at the FC hall aye, and I've been snooping around in game today, and will do tomorrow as well :3

Thanks for the welcome and the words of support!