New to Gilgamesh *Panics*

EwwBugs

Title says it all! I have been trying for the past 3 days to get into Balmung (and even Gilgamesh) But the servers never opened. I got up extra early today and attempted to test my luck. After only about 10 mins of spamming that horrid refresh button I made it onto Gilgamesh! *Dances* I am looking forward to getting to some RP here, I played in 1.0 and even when the game 1st launched after the reboot I came back for a bit. I did not stay long unfortunately because noone I knew played and I picked a non-Rp(type) server so I got bored fast! xD I've dabbled in WoW RP (Currently still there...."Shun the WoW player hisss hiss") but I honestly would rather be here. Home was in FFXI for me for many years and the friends and experiences I had gathered in those years were amazing. I am hoping to get the same experience here and leave WoW behind me. I am starting as a LNC with hopes of going WAR. Figured LNC was the best choice to start out and learn the game all over. My name is Nimiri Highwind (Going for a pirate type RP story with her) Would love some insight on the different people/linkshells/GCs around that welcome new players. 

Really looking forward to calling Eorzea my home and meeting you all! (Sorry for long post!)

Hahaha, no shunning for WoW from me. Nothing wrong with finding a game and community you like -- I had some great times in WoW before it was finally time for me to move on. Here are Gilgamesh Linkshells; the Gilgamesh folks tend to not be as active on the RPC as the Balmung folks, so I would recommend paging through and finding people to talk to in game (or pm Zoetrooper, I've seen him posting in stuff and so know he's active (or she >>) ). I've heard that it pays to be active in talking to people to find the rp on Gilgamesh; it's less open-world than Balmung is. Still, persistence and proactive effort is key to getting involved in any community, so I wish you the best! Happy writing, and welcome to the RPC. :D

(also pirates are win)

After a solid 2 full days of attempting RP on Gilgamesh (Including walks ups/Shouts) I fell flat on my face and was rather upset. I made it on Balmung last night and from the moment I finished the starting "solo" events I was slammed with RP all around me and I loved every single second of it. For a brief moment I had almost retreated and gone back to wow. Blumung thankfully changed that for me. I appreciate the info on Gligamesh but I don't think I will need it anymore.

Looking forward to the RP adventures I will have with everyone! Maybe even a few of you here! I'll work on getting my character info up on the wiki and work on everything else I need to do!