Moving to AWS: Downtime notice

I think it may be related to the migration, actually. We jumped PHP versions at the same time (from 5.3 to 5.4), and I think that extension -- which is no longer maintained -- may be incompatible. It's apparently quite finicky about the combination of MediaWiki and PHP versions. I can't even get the option to turn it on any more when I go to edit a page. I'll look into it, but since the extension is no longer maintained, I make no guarantees that I'll be able to get it running again.

However, once the MediaWiki people stop messing with VisualEditor in their special magic wmf patches to beta versions (seriously, "only works on 1.24wmf6?"), I'll install it instead. It gives a much nicer editing interface that's WYSIWYG and is actively supported.

I've upgraded our wiki to 1.23.2 and moved it to a new URL (though through the magic of URL rewrites, old links still work). I'm aware of the issue with the recent changes, special pages, random page, and help links, and I'm working on that right now.

You may find that you have difficulties logging in because of the URL shift. If so, try clearing your cache and your cookies, especially for ffxiv-roleplayers.com.

EDIT: Fixed the issue. The problem is that our skin is basically bound to MW 1.20, so the upgrade broke some of its code. A lot of the code its base skin (Monaco) relied upon was deprecated in 1.18, so ultimately, we need to make a new skin. Then again, I was meaning to do that anyway...