There And Back Again (Journal)

Day 9

The Final Leg To Eorzea

The craftsmanship of these archaic sailing vessels is quite remarkable, though they could do with installing gyroscopes and sub-aqueous baffles to mitigate this damn pitching and rolling.  As I have had to rewrite this entry four times due to the scratches and scrawls I have suffered for the vessel's motion

When I asked another passenger about the ship listing and bucking as it has been he replied "We're sailing smooth as my wife's arse, can't know how the sea feels about ye unless ye get a feel for the sea savvy?"

I, to this very moment have no idea what he was talking about, but in order not to further jeopardize my cover story I simply laughed along with him and made my way back to my seat, so far I have found that most people I interact with are of the same stock as my associate whom either believes this heaving and rolling is quite smooth, or severely dislikes the curvature of his wife's posterior.

The Eorzeans I have met upon my journey to their land have been an honest goodly folk, utterly contrary to what my father and others back home have told me, why to hear it from their mouths I should have been witness to a ritual virgin sacrifice in order to summon a windborne goddess to push the ship along as soon as our vessel left Meridian waters!

As I look at the bag sitting next to me, containing the book of "fell and forbidden magicks" as my mother called it, I cannot help but feel bolstered by my decision to visit the land of it's origin, though undoubtedly still a dangerous undertaking even with the defeat of the VIIth and XIVth Legions and the subsequent draw down of the Eorzean campaign.  Talking to and seeing the people here on this ship alone has granted me scores of insight greater than the Emperor's Information Ministry could ever provide and I look ever forward to learning more about these people and this "savage realm" and finding out why my brother chose not only to live here, but to die here.