Insert Salutation Here

Wemrys

Hello there! Experienced RPer here but pretty brand new to the FFXIV RP scene. I've been lurking for about a week or so on the forum and decided to make a post at least introducing myself. Still in the midst of updating my profile and such so I figured making a post first would get me started nicely.

First of all, I play Wemrys Quintos. I don't expect anyone to recognize that name unless I've gotten to enjoy a dungeon with you since I've been entertaining myself with PvE for months. Wemrys is a sellsword by trade, Warrior by profession and is currently under the employ of my RP partner Llinos (hopefully I can get her to prod at making a post as well). She and I come as something of a matched pair as we've been RPing through multiple games for the better part of a year so it's likely that if you see Wemrys milling about, she's probably not too far behind. I have a rather extensive backstory going into Wemrys involving trial by combat, adventuring, war, and a bandanna(!) that I can't wait to get to explore in some depth.

As for myself, I have a varied background in RP. I started in the scene about 8 years ago while I was in college. A friend convinced me to try playing some tabletop RPGs with his group including Warhammer 40K: Dark Heresy, Call of Cthulu, Ebberon, Dark Sun, Paranoia, etc. Not long after that I was coaxed into attending a steampunk LARP in Massachusetts. Once I was forced to move back to New York I lost access to all those RP opportunities and decided to pick up MMOs to try RP in that and have been hooked ever since. I have experience previously with both Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2, and ever since FFXIV:ARR launched I've wanted to try RP in it. I convinced my partner to sub and we've been hooked ever since.

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and have played every main game in the series at least once with my favorite installments being IV and IX. I'm also a rabid Final Fantasy Tactics fanboy and it is my absolute favorite game to carry the FF title. In fact my versions of Wemrys from other games carry a lot of inspiration from Delita Hyral and Ramza Beoulve. The fact that Wemrys in FF is a sellsword almost makes me wish Dark Knight were in the game so I could have him almost be like Gaffgarion but alas...using Bloodbath in place of Night Sword/Shadowblade will have to suffice.

Anyways! I'm blabbering. I'm glad to be here and hope to meet some/most/all of you fine people soon!

Heylo! Pleasure to meet you and welcome to the RPC.

Glad to hear you enjoyed IX, as it's one of my own faves too. IV as well but that's almost a given with most I think.

If Wemrys and Llinos are around in Ul'dah they might hear or see Kage. Hope to meet you at one point! :3