Nathan Telluride

I. Basic Info

• Characters:Nathan Telluride (plus others in development)
  • Primary character:Nathan Telluride
  • Linkshells:None currently; applications in progress as of 11/3/14
  • Primary RP linkshell:None Currently - applications in progress as of 11/3/14

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium to Heavy. I can be in character at any and all times, though if I'm grouped for PVE, I respect the group's greater wishes. If I'm standing still, I am approachable, unless I'm stuck in NPC conversation (which seems to happen a lot...). My main himself is generally not especially serious, so can incorporate, shrug off or react to prompts and approaches as they happen.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I'm no stranger to RP Combat, and I'm generally willing to accommodate most methods; I'm pretty patient with it. However, I will not accept PVP as a means to determine RP results, and I reserve the right to ignore those who refuse any other means of resolution - if you want to PVP, go queue up for it. If I can get a good partner who can tell a good story through a combat, and will cooperate OOC to provide a satisfying IC result, I'm pleased about that; however, I'm plenty used to several different types of RNG-based systems, and willing to use them. As for injuries, I consider any achieved "fairly" to count, though I won't gamble away future months of good RP on a character just for a single die-roll - in other words, no, you didn't just chop my head off unless we've made it a REALLY good story.

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm quite for it, and have done quite a few long-term and quite successful romances/relationships over the years of RP, and still remain on good terms with the vast majority of partners even after changing games or moving on to other venues out of necessity or boredom with the game more than the players. I've got no problems with the level of detail involved, and prefer to match the partner's level of intensity and tolerance. While I can truly enjoy stormy, powerful starts (and who truly wouldn't?), I do want to gauge a partner enough to see if they are mature and seasoned enough and - let's be honest - interesting enough. That said, my main in FFXIV is rather aversive to making long-term commitments, and I RP it fairly.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    My main has only one known blood-kin relationship, with whom he hasn't seen or had any contact since the character's RP inception. It is very, very unlikely that anyone else from his old troupe survived, and while IC he would respond favorably to such a one, OOC, I'd not be responsive to that approach unless someone wanted to put the time and effort into making a good story of it.

However, that said, he's a character that has been in a lot of places, if only for a few days at a time, and yet has a powerful need to eat and sleep regularly, so it would be perfectly in character for him to recognize, or be recognized, by a past benefactor. Also, If he happened to find a group of truly like-minded individuals, he would be interested in finding out who they were, at least.

• Views on lore:
    I do try to adhere to lore, and I do find it jarring when RPers act as if they live outside of Eorzea. That said, I find that most RPers are actually better sticklers for lore constancy than Square-Enix actually is, so I don't have much worry about the issue. I tend to play character types that can fit smoothly into any Fantasy setting, so it's not something I worry about too much.

However, if you're a vampire/werewolf/invulnerable ultramage with more firepower than a nuke and more brooding about it than Batman, then I'm probably not playing characters you'll like, anyway. Nathan can be kind of a smartarse.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

I'm still not 100% happy with how Chat works in FFXIV; I got spoiled by much easier-to-use systems in other games.

That said, I tend to use asterisks to denote physical actions during a /say action, as needed, and will sometimes use dashes to put emphasis on words. Nathan himself is particularly long winded, so I will often have 3-4 line responses, but I am aware that one person typing TOO much is domineering the conversation; I've been on the receiving end of that, and I know how it can be stifling. I do like mixing up /em and /say responses, to keep things fresh, and will use parentheses for the rare appreciative OOC comment.

I will use party chat and /tells for whispers and private conversations, but will do so with the understanding and consent from the recipient, or if the other party seems to know what he or she is doing.

III. Other Info

• Timezone:CST (GMT-6)
  • Contact info:PM here, or profile 1266293 on Enjin. I am also happy to use Skype as possible and will provide my info if the potential is good.