Thief, spy, and investigator looking for work!

Hello! Been a really, really long time since I've posted anything worthwhile on these forums.

Aerius is a character I've been trying to hammer out for over a year now, really going over and then back over all of his traits and skills until I came together with something I thought was decent. It involved a lot of improv.

Now, finally, I think I'm really comfortable enough with him as a character to get out there and make a real effort to meet people with more than just hanging around in the Quicksand in mind. I want him to do work for people. Up 'til now, those people have just been NPCs he's mentioned offhandedly once in a while, and that's pretty boring. I'd much rather he have a hand in something really happening out there between... some of you guys. :D

So:

Who's this guy?

Well, Aerius is several things. As a person, he's pretty easygoing, impulsive, and I think generally likeable. He's the sarcastic, no-concern-for-his-own-wellbeing, easily bored kind of guy. Casual, if you made me put it in one word.

When it comes to his work, the title about sums it up. Underhanded, stealthy, and deceitful with a knack for sleight of hand and telling lies. He's also not much of a fighter; more of a trickster.

What does he do?

Mostly, I'd say Aerius is best suited for "acquiring" things, be it objects or information. Theft, disguises, tracking people, and eavesdropping are among his best skills. He's a perceptive guy, so occasionally he's been put in situations where he's had to solve a few mysteries or advise some other people on how to deal with some tricky situations, and I think he did a decent job at those. He's no assassin, though. Just a guy who's good at taking stuff.

Does that mean he's a criminal?

Technically, yes. He's based in Ul'dah, so he fits in pretty well with the seedier crowd. A lot of his real work is done amidst them, anyway. With skills like his, it's hard to find respectable work a lot of the time. That's not a very good excuse, is it?

That doesn't make him a bad guy, though. Circumstance just happens to put him in that position a lot of the time. If the shoe fits...

Isn't that kind of career choice a weird mix for somebody so laidback and carefree?

You would think so, wouldn't you?

What kind of work should he be hired for?

Given his skills that I listed above, if there's anything you have going on or anything you're planning that you think could use someone like Aerius, definitely consider hiring him! (you don't have to pay actual gil, I promise.)

How might someone get in touch with him?

He spends nearly all of his time in either Ul'dah or Thanalan, so if you hang around there often as well, odds are you'll catch him sooner or later. If you can't seem to find him and need an IC way to contact him, there's always the delivery moogles.

Would he have notoriety of any kind?

Sure! In my head, at least. I want him to be the kind of guy who knows a lot of people, especially the types who deal in the same kind of work that he does. If your character happens to be that type of person and you want to contact him, I am 110% okay with working with you to come up with a good reason that they might know each other, whether it's through work or even him having wronged them in some way. That stuff is way cooler to me.

Of course, if your character is the opposite... the just or the respectable law enforcement types, I think there's some pretty good opportunities there too.

You don't exactly have to ask me beforehand if you want to do something, either. Walking up and talking to him like you've already met him from somewhere is totally cool with me. I'll do my best to improvise.

————————————————————————————————————————————

I think that about covers it! For now, anyway. I'd be remiss to tell you everything about someone who is by nature very secretive. If you have any other questions about him, let me know!

If you're interested, here's his wiki page that's all shiny and new to accompany this post! Maybe it'll give you a better idea of the character.

As far as when I'm around? Uuuusually it's from around 7 PM EST and on until even after midnight. But those times can obviously vary. Suffice to say, I play a lot. So odds are you'll be able to catch me if you need to.

Finally, I'm gonna be watching the forums like a hawk for any events or other people out there that I think Aerius could mesh with. I'm desperate to get some stuff going on!

Thanks for reading! Let's do stuff. :D

Hey, long time no see!

I have several hooks I could use for your character, if you're interested. Evangeline is interested in making some changes in Ul'dah, and isn't above doing shady things to make it happen.

I'm still figuring out some things, but I think I'll have to poke you eventually!

Yay! Aerius!

:D:D:D

Hey, long time no see!

I have several hooks I could use for your character, if you're interested. Evangeline is interested in making some changes in Ul'dah, and isn't above doing shady things to make it happen.

I'm still figuring out some things, but I think I'll have to poke you eventually!

Sounds good to me. :D Let me know whenever you have something ready.