Avis Inkwood

Elysia

I. Basic Info 

• Characters: Avis Inkwood
  • Primary character: Avis Inkwood
  • Linkshells: Aether Science Squad, Harbingers of Dawn

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • I'd say light to medium because of work commitments. I'm rarely able to stay in-game for more than two hours at a time, which is why forum RP works quite well for me too. That said, I'm still new to the RP scene in Balmung, and once I settle in a bit more, I'm sure Avis will be IC everywhere (as far as possible). Character development is important to me! 

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • Why not, as long as it happens realistically and reasonably between mature RPers? That said, though, I prefer my character mostly whole or healthy for the time being, because she still needs to go places and meet more people. Also, fighting on field while RPing is something I'm definitely open to and excited to try out, though I'm generally not the best battle strategist to begin with so  I'd expect that having to multitask might take a toll on my wits... and I really like the idea of dungeon RP. 

• Views on IC romance:
  • I'm open to it as long as it develops naturally between the two characters - no OOC drama, please. Conversational chemistry gets Avis's attention. She actually enjoys falling / in being in love, though this rarely happens, and she doesn't set out actively looking for it. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • Relationships - even antagonistic ones - are the lifeblood of RP. Avis is certainly looking to make more connections. (As for family ties... well, I'm not sure if any of the Ingrams would be fun to play. None of them ever want to leave the comfort of their couches.)

• Views on lore:
  • Yes, adherence to lore is important to me, but I'm definitely not finicky with some liberties being taken with lore material if it's slight and in the service of character / plot development. (I'm quite new to FFXIV and still working my way through to Level 50, so if I've missed out on any important details or made any anachronistic slips, do let me know!) 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • The usual, really. Also, I think I'm in the running for Mistell Queen. ): 

III. Other Info 

• Region: Asia
  • Timezone: UTC/GMT+08:00
  • Contact info: Please feel free to drop me a PM or /tell me in-game. (:

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

• 1 month later...

As of 5th Jan 2014, I'll be back at work full-time which is going to make regular RP nigh impossible on NA weekday nights, since I'm in the GMT+8 timezone. My job / RL also eats my time a lot even on the weekends, so. At any rate, here's a rough schedule of when I may actually be available for in-game RP: 

Holidays and weekends (i.e. Fridays and Saturdays for NA players):

8AM GMT+8 /  7PM EST / 4PM PST onwards 

Fridays (i.e. Thursdays for PST players): 

2PM GMT+8 / 1AM EST (Fri) / 10PM PST (Thurs) onwards

Non-holiday weekdays (starting 5 Jan):

8-11PM GMT+8 / 7AM - 10AM EST / 4AM-7AM PST

(the above really depends on how early I finish work) 

I do still want to RP when I can, and yes there are a couple of plots I've left hanging which I'd love to follow up on - so if you're interested, please prod me via PM here anytime to let me know your in-game availability and to set up an appointment! Alternatively, there's always forum RP. :3 Looking forward to staying in touch.