Wiki Question

Ashe

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but for the Wiki page I am working on for one of my characters, the title of the page keeps showing up as "User:Asheloux Thalantos" when I just want it to be "Asheloux Thalantos."  Is there a way to delete the User part? I am not really sure what I am doing wrong.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

That's basically your user account itself! You can make a wiki page for your character by searching the whole name with proper capitalisation and making a new page from there when told no such page exists

You can also take your existing page and move it out of the user namespace by mousing over the little down arrow in the upper-right corner and clicking "Move". Where it says "To new title", pull down the box that reads "User" and select "(Main)" instead. Then click "Move".

You needn't do that in this instance, though, as I've moved your page for you. :)

That's basically your user account itself! You can make a wiki page for your character by searching the whole name with proper capitalisation and making a new page from there when told no such page exists

Figured it out

Thank you very much for your help!

You can also take your existing page and move it out of the user namespace by mousing over the little down arrow in the upper-right corner and clicking "Move". Where it says "To new title", pull down the box that reads "User" and select "(Main)" instead. Then click "Move".

You needn't do that in this instance, though, as I've moved your page for you. :)

I think we just tried doing that at the same time but you beat me to it or something.  

Thank you so much.  

Sorry...I shouldn't try to make character profiles at 4AM