"Unable to Connect to Lobby" - Anyone else? :O

Hey there! After leaving an instance with a friend, we both got immediately disconnected and seem to be unable to log in. Anyone else getting this issue? :o I think I've encountered the same error a day or two ago trying to log in during the wee afternoon hours but a few tries got me in in no time at all. Is this just us, or really a server-wide thing?

We're both back in game, but this is the first time in the month I've come back to FFXIV that I've noticed this happening before!

Just an hour ago or so, I got booted out of a queue with a 2002 error, followed by the game crashing, followed by lobby server errors. At the same time, a lot of people got 90k'ed. So, to me, at least, it seems like a server issue (tonight, anyway).

One thing I've noticed is that, sometimes, if you get error 2002, you'll need to exit completely out of the game and restart, or you'll keep getting lobby server errors.

Hmm, yeah, I'm hearing about this happening multiple times just from my lurking in Mor Dhona, and I'm additionally being booted at every boss pull of The Stone Vigil xD Guess it's time to do leves instead!

This has been happening with alarming frequency lately. How is it that SE's servers always seem to fall apart right before a patch?

The cycle seems to be this: Patch, accompanied by colossal lag issues.

Lag issues relax through the life of the patch as server stability evaporates.

The final week before a patch is smooth until entire zones go down.

Server Stability, Playable Latency, New Content. Pick two.