Dark Souls thread?

Dark Souls thread.

Discussion about the Souls series (and the upcoming game Bloodborne.) One rule and one rule only: no salty johns.

To begin: What do you think of the Scholar of the First Sin re-release? Think it'll fix all the problems with Dark Souls 2? Hype for Bloodborne? Favorite boss? Favorite build? Invasion stories? Go, go, go!

I never got to play any of the DLC for DS2, as I'm sorta holding out for the rerelease.

Been a huge fan of the series though. Started with Demon's Souls. I think Dark Souls is my favorite of the three, but Demon's had the more compelling story, and DS2 had the better refined mechanics (though I wish bleeds weren't such trash in that game).

I'm absolutely psyched about Bloodborne. Miyazaki hasn't let us down yet!

Been a major fan of Dark Souls 1 for a while, and I consider it the best of the Souls trilogy. What makes it really special to me is how the game explores its lore. I can't think of any other RPG that can tell a story by putting dead bodies and item drops in specific locations and having a line or two of background info for every item. Demon's Souls actually did this first, but I think Dark Souls and even Dark Souls 2 improved on that formula a lot.

Oh, and the best boss in vanilla Dark Souls is Ornstein and Smough, no question. I love those guys.

I'm pretty much garbage at Souls games and the only reason I got through 2 (not including the DLC) is because I played almost exclusively co-op with another friend. I LOVE THEM, THOUGH. Really want to play through DS1 one of these days, and very much looking forward to picking up Bloodbourne. Seems like that's the only reason I want a PS4.

Dark Souls thread.

Discussion about the Souls series (and the upcoming game Bloodborne.) One rule and one rule only: no salty johns.

To begin: What do you think of the Scholar of the First Sin re-release? Think it'll fix all the problems with Dark Souls 2? Hype for Bloodborne? Favorite boss? Favorite build? Invasion stories? Go, go, go!

I don't think it will fix the problems I have with Dark souls 2 The main issues I had where it's lazy bosses.

Am definitly hype for bloodborne!

My favorite boss story wise in the Souls series would be a tossup between the old hero, or Manus.

Mecanics wise I'd say I enjoy the four kings solely based on the mathing you can do to make light work of em.

My favorite build I made was my Silver night set. with my Occult Baldur Swag Sword. And Artorius Sword (Main weap) Had high faith and reasonable int.

Mainly tossing Sunlight spear and shielding with Darkhand. I loved the hell out of it.