Starter vs Standard monthly payment question - "One character"?

I'm at work at the moment so pardon any abhorent typos, my phone's a wee bit clunky. Regarding the monthly payment options for FFXIV in the Mog Station, I noticed the Starter option (he cheaper of the two) says its for one character. If a player were to have more than one character on a server, does anyone know by chance how that would work? :o

With "Starter" you can have one character per server on I think 8 servers.

You won't be able to create more than one character in the character creator. If you have more than one character currently because of a trial or something, I believe it is your first character that is saved while the others are no longer usable - at least that's what happened to my roommate.

With "Starter" you can have one character per server on I think 8 servers.

You won't be able to create more than one character in the character creator. If you have more than one character currently because of a trial or something, I believe it is your first character that is saved while the others are no longer usable - at least that's what happened to my roommate.

Perfect then, thank you very much for the answer!

I have experience with this, so I can elaborate!

The system will essentially lock any character that isn't your "main." When I first switched, all my characters were available to log in, but upon choosing one to log into, all the other ones instantly became locked.

When I say locked, I mean... Really, really locked. You can't even save these characters' appearances or even delete them. They are instantly frozen in place, and can't be changed until you switch back to standard.

I have experience with this, so I can elaborate!

The system will essentially lock any character that isn't your "main." When I first switched, all my characters were available to log in, but upon choosing one to log into, all the other ones instantly became locked.

When I say locked, I mean... Really, really locked. You can't even save these characters' appearances or even delete them. They are instantly frozen in place, and can't be changed until you switch back to standard.

Oh, extra thank yous! That should work out perfectly then :D