Shadottie's Art & Commissions

Shadottie

The morning doodles with coffee, THEY RETURN. ;w; Gah, I've missed this, even if it's to doodle hypothetical lulz to cope with super serious, and heart-wrenching RP. ;A;

First... it feels like it's been forever since I've drawn this doof.  I've lost touch with how do. xD He got super serious cutting through monsters in Dusk Vigil though! What a stick in the mud

tumblr_ntp7n7iV9L1usie9vo1_1280.png

This.. this is like the perfect photo op for that Group-visiting-a-Haunted-House series that was floating around for a while.

tumblr_ntp7n7iV9L1usie9vo3_1280.jpg

There were so many... awkward attempts to help, the slips on ice and fatigues just had to go and make this even more awkward. .... and Sei dies a little more inside.

My failed attempts at writing left most of us to our imagination in regards to just how Seitsuda handles swaddled potatoes

tumblr_ntp7n7iV9L1usie9vo2_1280.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm back and settled in from my big crazy con in Vancouver, WA!   It was a great time and my boyfriend and I had such a good and successful time there.  I was SO excited to see FFXIV cosplayers there! I saw a miqo'te lady with a GIANT carbuncle plush, a White Mage with her Thyrus staff, and an cute little au ra lady! It was so exciting and awesome to nerd out over FFXIV with them and many other players that caught sight of my Haurchefant and Nanamo prints (both sold out, omg)! I didn't meet anyone from Balmung though ;w;

Anyway, here are some pictures from the con. I don't want to sew plushie stock for a while and toootally happy to be back on drawn and sewn commissions again. xD I'm looking forward to getting back into drawing more for myself along with doodling all the rp hi jinks I'll be getting into from here on out!!

Green tags are my boyfriend's, and orange are mine! He's so good at that Animuuu!!

tumblr_nuh43bIHzm1us3x01o9_540.jpg

Moogles! ...and a Lion!

tumblr_nuh43bIHzm1us3x01o3_1280.jpg

My friend hooked us up with a pretty sweet display rack for mini-prints! They sold like crazyyy! And..mnyes those might be little squiddies from Splatoon.  I heard that "You're a Kid! You're a Squid!" thing so much this weekend xD

tumblr_nuh43bIHzm1us3x01o7_1280.jpg

Another Seitsudoodle Dump because I CAN NOW! *U*

There was a prompt floating around to draw characters as children, so I had another go at that for Seitsuda!

He wasn't exactly a mama's boy, but they were close.  She mostly raised him on her own. 

tumblr_nuj2rs92Ct1usie9vo4_1280.png

There was mention of how hilarious the visual is that Mikh'a would go bossing around giant Sei. So I drew it. Yeup.

tumblr_nuj2rs92Ct1usie9vo3_1280.png

A touching moment after a Dauntless meeting. See, Seitsuda? Hugs don't make you shrivel and die!

tumblr_nuj2rs92Ct1usie9vo2_1280.png

...And Bonus. There was talk of how Siha can be a more intimidating captain of the Dauntless' recently shift.

tumblr_nuj2rs92Ct1usie9vo1_1280.png

Hooray! Hooray!

I was inspired to make another comic.  Honestly, I had brainstorming and thumbnails going on for a while because I wanted to do something for the Rising, but I was super busy too!

Anyway, after sewing forever, it's going to take some time before I can get back into the swing of things for detail and whatnot in comics/drawing.  Here's this anyway! Enjoy vaguely learning a little more about Sei! 8D He gets asked a lot about Othard as if he's lumped with the rest of the Au Ri refugees. He has only vaguely told a few of a different tale...

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo10_r2_540.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nusjbx0puZ1usie9vo9_1280.jpg

Another comic! Oh boy!

Bring on the rps to prompt for comic blips! 8D

tumblr_nuwzd4KrT11usie9vo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nuwzd4KrT11usie9vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuwzd4KrT11usie9vo3_1280.jpg

...When Seitsuda tries to sugarcoat his life, and fails miserably. He's... very slowly letting people in (yaaaay!), but still has certain things to be distant with.

He and Sazi got to chat a little bit last night... being worrywort shy little things. lol. Sazi is too precious for this world!

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]tumblr_nvheuwKooC1usie9vo2_r1_540.png[/align]

[align=center]tumblr_nvheuwKooC1usie9vo1_1280.png[/align]

[align=center]

Hesitation had him only looking where his hand rested, focusing on what he felt, what he heard. Seitsuda’s wrist twitched as he dared to look at the woman’s face again. It wasn’t a brilliant silver gaze looking back, nor the ash-pink fluttering over them in the breeze. It wasn’t the scent of pine that greeted him either, but instead that gentle flower. No, the colors of dusk tinged in gold spilled with the wind, encroaching what would be a golden gaze…

[/align]

Excerpt from an RP the other day, and I’m dying at the things happening lately that are just … really setting off Seitsuda with his past. (WHICH. YAY. I WANT TO SHARE) I plan on doing comics on my downtime now that things are in motion for rp story times! C8 Maybe he’ll share icly someday! It’ll be hard for him if it ever happens… but it would also mean what plagues him is something he’s finally coming to terms with.

...Time for a big Seitsudoodle dump again. Sketches with the occasionallll thing I want to paint while doing up plush commissions!

First, I had a backstory comicc~

tumblr_nvnz5zT2Kh1usie9vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvnz5zT2Kh1usie9vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvnz5zT2Kh1usie9vo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvnz5zT2Kh1usie9vo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvnz5zT2Kh1usie9vo5_1280.jpg

...Another comic! This moment was just very tense among other things in the RP session!

tumblr_nvvjq47q331usie9vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvvjq47q331usie9vo4_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_nvvjq47q331usie9vo3_1280.jpg

A sketch I REALLY want to clean up and color someday maybe. The moment was just too cool!! Sei and Y'amra, future battle bros, I think. yep yep

tumblr_nvvj5k3Oif1usie9vo5_1280.jpg

Mikh'a fell asleep on Seitsuda. The derp didn't know what to do, but at least he didn't freak out.

tumblr_nvvj5k3Oif1usie9vo3_1280.png

Tsaganarii being precious and braving to see what lies hidden. These two have so many touching moments ;; 

tumblr_nvvj5k3Oif1usie9vo4_1280.png

Eva doesn't approve of Seitsuda's healing BBQ methods... and by that I mean cauterizing wounds..

tumblr_nvvj5k3Oif1usie9vo1_500.png

I couldn't help doodling this one, hahaha; It was a touching RP ;m;

tumblr_nvvj5k3Oif1usie9vo2_1280.png

Eugh I get so impatient with lineart and I'm trying to be better about it a bit at a tiiime. A lot of art lately has been Undertale though >___>;

Here's a derp doodle!

tumblr_nw5eurNo6H1usie9vo1_1280.png

He just wanted to be like the cool kids, cuz all the cool kids, they seem to get it.

Naw, recent Dauntless RP, Sei wanted to dress to impress their soon-to-be Patron, and not be a slobhobo. … He just didn’t want to do it at the expense of freaking people out with his eyebawwwlllll, so super dorky eyepatch to go with that super slick hairdo…

If anyone asked, he would have said it was an injury which technically .. isn’t a lie but.. uh. /SHRUGS

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've posted here ;A; Things got crazy and I've really only been spamming sketch doodles and comics on my FF14 Tumblr~

I've been waiting to make this announcement until I had some things in order, and now that they are, here we go...! I'm taking commissions again, and I'd love to draw for you! I'll be trying to post all sorts here more often! 

[align=center]tumblr_nxzpaqUl561usie9vo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nxzpaqUl561usie9vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxzpaqUl561usie9vo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxzpaqUl561usie9vo4_1280.jpg[/align]

... Alright, what the heck, enough just gawking at your adorable arts and comics. I'll bite. I'll have to check the prices to see what I want to go with... but I'mma commish some art of Chachan! :thumbsup:

... Um... if that's okay, of course. :blush:

... Alright, what the heck, enough just gawking at your adorable arts and comics. I'll bite. I'll have to check the prices to see what I want to go with... but I'mma commish some art of Chachan! :thumbsup:

Hey! Of course it's okay! <33 Thank you so much for the kind words, that means a lot to me!

Chachan's wiki was an absolute blast to look over and he sounds fun to rp with as well as it would be great to have a chance to draw him too! Totally up to you though! *U*

If you'd like to see a rough, test sketch, I'm glad to make sure my style would translate well for Chachan before any commitment! That goes for all art commissions uwu Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested! Thanks!!

Hey! Of course it's okay!  <33 Thank you so much for the kind words, that means a lot to me!

Chachan's wiki was an absolute blast to look over and he sounds fun to rp with as well as it would be great to have a chance to draw him too! Totally up to you though! *U*

If you'd like to see a rough, test sketch, I'm glad to make sure my style would translate well for Chachan before any commitment! That goes for all art commissions uwu Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested! Thanks!!

Will do! Just waffling like a loser between a soft shade bust or a full body sketch. Or maybe a full-body soft shade? :dazed:

... I'll probably sleep on it, so I'll shoot you a PM with my decision and concept idea in the morning! :blush:

PMs in progress! Happy to be working with you, Chachan! <3 >w< This'll be great!

I finished something today that I've been chipping at between work, life, and games.

Spoilers-ish? ... Foreshadowing, anyway! I've mustered some courage to work on a Sei plot. It's always nerve-wracking to DM that sort of thing.. because sure, I want character development for my dude, but I always want to make sure those involved have some self-fulfillment, development, and feel as important as they are too!

Anyway, a visual I had stuck in my mind's eye that's... sort of a vague end-game path, but we'll see where story takes us! Yay all that magical Aether stuff

tumblr_nyefyrxach1usie9vo1_1280.jpg

I was super happy to get a chance to work on this gearset! It was so fun and a really rad combination! Thank you, Gegenji!

I'm so glad I finally got over all my worries and concerns and commissioned you for the piece, Shadottie. It was a pleasure working with you over PMs and the end result is absolutely lovely~ :love:

Anyone on the fence about signing up for a piece too should totally give it a shot! You won't be disappointed. I know I'm not. :D

Omg, Chachan, I got so flustered and bashful about your compliments, I procrastinated on a response, then work happened again! ...and here I am a week later. ;___;  Thank you so much!  Again, you were so wonderful to work with and to draw Chachanji in like... the BEST armor glamour I've seen, was a real treat. <3 Thank you!!

Latest piece is done! Sasazi Sazi all snuggled up with a book in her carbuncle chair!

tumblr_nz0u5i0fA21qmdt3no3_500.png

tumblr_nz0u5i0fA21qmdt3no1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz0u5i0fA21qmdt3no2_1280.png

I still had the Eorzean font from when I worked on the Haurchefant print this summer, so I got a general idea from her player what kinds of books Sazi would have.  If you're curious of the list I made up, and don't want to try translating on your own, it's under the cut! xD

• The Art of Healing
  • A Herbologist’s Ways
  • Flora of Thanalan
  • Advanced Alchemy
  • Ossuary Collective
  • Basics in Alchemy
  • Arcanima Offensive
  • Components in Arcanima
  • Elegant Arithmacy
  • Okwysnfyrnn Dictionary
  • Wewebuso Buso Dictionary
  • Botany and its Uses
  • Book of Elements

Hurrhurr, play on Webster and Oxford dictionaries…  

But, yes! With that finished and pretty, five slots are currently available for art commissions!  Check out information on the first page if you're interested!

I've been doing a lot of sketches for giggles of rps, developing character backgrounds, and just... stuff in general! It's all on my FFXIV tumblr! I'll try to compile and throw up on the forums one day! For now, I made a little comic of some cute silliness that happened in an RP. Narii got in a super rough spot and she and Sei have been overcoming it together. It was nice to have some cute holiday rp >w<

tumblr_nzo6wv5dhG1usie9vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzo6wv5dhG1usie9vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzo6wv5dhG1usie9vo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzo6wv5dhG1usie9vo5_r1_1280.jpg

“N-Narii-…” As if his face could get any redder! Gods, he hoped she was teasing! That was much more preferable than if she took him seriously! Seitsuda cast an embarrassed snirk up to the sky. He deserved it, one way or another. That was absolutely terrible.

Seitsuda ... is so bad at pretty talk.... and talking in general!

• 3 weeks later...

I get REALLY excited about plots, so excited, that I'm going to draw stuff... almost always.

The big moment finally came for Sei's plot. A tale of learning to let go and opening the heart has been a big focal point in Sei's story, ever since I brought him into FFXIV for RP.  He's made lots of great friends, found love again, and can finally have some closure.

I'm excited for the next chapter... because I don't know where it leads!

Here are some splash pages that I painted in my down time to depict the big finale!

[align=center]

tumblr_o0kq1xLinP1usie9vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0r708dhno1usie9vo1_1280.jpg

"Simply... reach for him!"[/align]

While I was preparing this, rping through it, and drawing this most recent piece, I had a couple game tracks on repeat to help evoke the feeling of it!

Thanks, everyone. I can’t wait to see where this goes for characters!