Mounts in XIV? Yes? No?

I agree that having a mount makes a lot of people skip the exploration, but personally, I enjoy riding around, exploring on my mount, or getting off and running sometimes... Maybe even walking when I feel like it.

I'd love to see mounts in the game, but mainly because the idea of breeding your own Chocobo is amazing.

Chocobos! Awww yeah! Can you imagine getting a baby chocobo to raise it? W00t. Cute ... and when it's big enough, you eat him because there is an economical crisis in Eorzea and you've got no Gil to buy food for your children.

I wonder how mounting a cactuar would actually feel like ... *ponder* THOUSAND NEEDLES!

That's the thing' date=' I don't want to have to hoof it back. I don't have the time to waste running that long... that's half the reason I shut down FFXI in the first place, it takes way too long. I want to play this game, RP, get around at a decent clip and not have to burn so much time just getting around. The walk back through Yhoator Jungle, for instance, can take forever.[/quote']

At level 75 I honestly never had an issue getting to anywhere in the world at a reasonable pace. What took the most time in FFXI was the damn waiting. Waiting for people to get ready, actually gather up, not get lost or afk at random times and pull their shit together lol. I only ever went to Yhoator to camp Sozu.....curse that tonberry! :frustrated: :frustrated: