Everwatch Discussion

Smiling River

• 3 weeks later...

Rhio Aldul, an officer of our LS, who is IC'ly a liaison between our group and others, has drafted an IC contract. Check it out! Contact Rhio or myself if you are interested in RPing with Everwatch, or cross-LS RP.

[align=center]Everwatch Affiliate Contract[/align]

1. Statement of terms

This contract is entered into by the charter members, officers, extant members, and any support staff of the Everwatch (hereafter referred to as "Everwatch") and the charter members, officers, extant members, and any support staff of ________ (hereafter referred to as "_________"), with full understanding of all of the terms, conditions, and criteria laid out herein. All of the clauses within this contract govern the relationship between _____________ and Everwatch.

2. Purpose of contract

In order to facilitate the largest possible number of successful contracts, _________ and Everwatch agree to share resources, knowledge, members, and any other applicable assistance for joint ventures. Rather than creating agreements on an ad hoc basis, this contract solidifies the relationship between these two groups and lays out common criteria that will arise during joint operations.

3. Joint ventures

Any task or assignment undertaken by the Everwatch or by ________ may, at the discretion of the leadership of one or both organizations, be designated as a joint venture. Only the assignments so designated fall under the aegis of this contract. Notification of members will follow standard procedures for each individual organization, and it is not the responsibility of the Everwatch to notify the members of __________ (or vice versa). It is the responsibility of the contract organizer to keep track of members signed up for arrival from both organizations.

4. Payouts from joint ventures

Payment from joint ventures will be divided up according to the overall participation of both organizations. If a joint venture is undertaken by an equal number of members from both organizations, payment will be divided equally; otherwise, the payment will be allocated according to contribution versus the total number of persons involved. Payment will be made directly to each organization, as set forth in the Everwatch Employment Contract, section 4.

5. Leadership

Leadership during a joint venture will follow the standard procedures set forth in the charter of the organization which has started the venture. Failing any more specific rules, the default procedure of the Everwatch will be assumed to be in effect - a contract leader will be designated for the duration of the operation, with that leader's commands taking precedence for the duration of the contract objectives. In the event that the joint venture was set forth by the leadership of both organizations, a leader of the operation will be chosen prior to the announcement and will be responsible for indicating any deviation from standard procedure.

6. Membership

Members of the Everwatch and ___________ will remain as members of the individual organizations. Outside of situations expressly defined in section 5, no member of one organization will be subject to the commands of the other organization's members or leadership. In the event that it becomes relevant, this agreement between the organizations will not be construed as membership, honorary or otherwise, within the Everwatch or _________.

7. Sharing of resources

The Everwatch and _______ recognize that any requests of personnel, materiel, or other resources will be made under the expectation of recompense, and that no special dispensations will be required by contract outside of that which is required for joint ventures. At the sole discretion of individual members, time may be devoted to helping the other organization fulfill tasks, but this will be construed as personal operation and will not be seen as attending to the duties or responsibilities of membership in either group.

8. Mutual Security

The Everwatch and ________ agree that as affiliated organizations, it is in the best interests of both to ensure that members are capable of working together in a professional and respectful capacity. To this end, it is understood that any member of one organization plotting harm against a member or members of the other organization will be seen as a breach of conduct within both organizations. Harm is understood to include any plot or intent to injure, defraud, rob, or otherwise inhibit the life or property of a member.

9. Amendment

This contract may be amended by the joint agreement of representatives from both organizations regarding any and all amendments. Following the amendment, the new contract must be signed by the officers of both organizations within four suns, or the amended agreement will be considered null and void.

10. Annulment

In the event that this contract is found to be unenforceable or the leadership of either organization wishes to terminate the arrangement, the contract will be rendered null and void and any existing joint ventures will be returned to the jurisdiction of each individual organization.

Everwatch signature: ___________________________

________ signature: ___________________________

Everwatch Monthly Update I (Sept/Oct)

Beginnings

The Everwatch linkshell hit the ground running shortly after news spread of the disbandment of the Eorzean Guard. A number of former Guardsmen as well as several new faces came together to ensure the linkshell's success. While still in its infancy, those of us of the Everwatch community now boast our own enjin forums and more importantly about a dozen talented RPers. Scheduled events occur daily. Where the concern expressed by some of us once seemed to be regarding a lack of activity, now it seems to be about when we may find a chance to take a break from all of these events - and of course risk missing some crucial turning point.

From the onset, we've been driven to integrate role-play with the normal progression-oriented nature of the Final Fantasy experience. This has been achieved largely through pairing up events such as the successful "Testing the Watch" challenge with the more mundane, in this case levequests within the Twelveswood. Rather than simply performing tasks as assigned by the adventurer's guild, we found ourselves struggling to prove to the Twin Adder company that the Everwatch was a valuable subdivision and worthy of sponsorship.

Additional events such as "Pests in the Maws" and "Jacking Up the Price" were created to add another dimension to the relatively bland exploration of the Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak, and an otherwise simple NM hunt. And of course other events - such as sparring and aetherial training - have been planned as well, the goal of bringing every one of us together for the betterment of the linkshell as a whole.

Jacking Up the Price:

JackingupthePrice.jpg

In addition to physical and aetherial improvement, as members of the Everwatch, we have also benefited from a regularly scheduled guided meditation, led by our leader Oskar Helvig. This has served to help all of us hone our minds and confront issues which may be lurking in our deep, dark unconscious.

Finally, The Everwatch has launched "Woodswatch" - a select team within Everwatch (the only one of it's kind - for now). Once proven to the Adder to be a successful mercenary company, a great opportunity provided by Milton Cooper, a liaison of the Order, was passed along to Everwatch. This is a seed which will grow into a Linkshell storyarch, but how it will do so remains to be seen. We're very happy to report an overall interest in this "project" by our membership!

Woodswatch:

Woodswatch1.jpg

While it may seem a lot of work, there are also rewards. Just last week each member that had enlisted with the Twin Adder was honored with a personal steed from Gridania's chocobo stables. Already we have begun forming connections with these beautiful creatures and Everwatch is more the better for their addition. We will now be able to reach our destinations with due haste in order to complete whatever objectives the Twin Adder has in store for us!

Ariciont and his Chocobo

Sbyns.jpg

Leadership

Oskar has appointed three Archontes to assist in the day-to-day operation and smooth running of our linkshell. Deirdre Ta'ea, Eva Ianeira, and Rhio Aldul have each received a custom-crafted dagger - a symbol of the faith and trust that Oskar has placed in each of their hands.

This took place during an in-character meeting where those attending spoke of their past deeds and future aspirations within Everwatch. The title of Archonte grants in-character leadership role to the founding members of the Linkshell. That is not to say there wont be a need for more Archons/Archontes in the future!

Members

With our thorough application process in place, it's great to see a steady growth in our membership. The Linkshell gained a number of rich and well-developed characters, putting us at about a dozen members total. Here is to our new members! We hope you will continue to enjoy Role-Play in Everwatch!

A warm welcome to:

Nel

Ariciont

Syesta

Shien

Malcolm

Saeko

Grimalkin

Aliran

You all make a Linkshell into a thriving, evolving community. We're glad to have you so early in our history.

Monthly Mentions

Poll of the month: Our poll of the month asked members to vote on the number of events per week they are most comfortable with.

1-2 events per week: One vote

3-5 events per week: Five votes

8+ events per week: One vote

It seems the "sweet spot" for events should hit no more than five per week, giving the members enough time for personal RP and *gasp* real life obligations, without feeling like they're missing out.

Report of the month:

Syesta's Report:

To: Oskar Helvig and the Leadership of The Everwatch

Title: Elemental Energy System for Propulsion and Ballistics

Name: S'vatra Estelle Rajani

Date: Ninth Sun of the Fifth Umbral Moon

Details:

CORE (Crystal-Operated Radial Engine)

Elemental catalysis concept - Y'linn Nemerr

Aetherial capacitance concept - Kopel Yorpel, Garlond Ironworks

Reciprocating engine design - S'vatra Estelle Rajani

The primary function of the CORE is to utilize a combination of crystals and crystal shards of a single element and output a similar elemental force for a sustained period of time. Most crystal usage entails energy in a single direction, giving you a result, however there is tangible waste of energy. In fact, sometimes this additional energy is so great that it becomes unstable during synthesis, oftentimes sabotaging its original intended use. What CORE hopes to accomplish on top of utilizing the elemental properties of crystals for the purpose of raw elemental output, but to do so efficiently and in a self-sustaining manner.

Process overview:

Standard Synthesis:

Crystal > Catalyst > Result + Remainder

CORE Catalysis:

Crystal > Aetheric buffer > Energy (returned to Crystal) + Output

fB46E.jpg

HNqLc.jpg

Usage:

The design of the interior portion of the engine is circular. This is to allow the elemental energy to gather and build for output usage. This also minimizes the amount of aetheric energy needed to activate the system and minimizes the amount of aetheric energy needed to keep it running at capacity, allowing interia to drive the majority of the engine's motion.

All uses are dependent on the crystal type used and number of shard within each chamber. In the future, further development will have hopes to lessen the size of the engine, so that it may be implemented for more common uses.

Primary applications of CORE include both propulsion and ballistics.

Propulsion

Based on my measurements, with a full matrix of wind crystals and shards in place (3 crystals, 24 shards), the CORE system can output a total of 25,000 ponze-force sustained for at least a half-bell. Mathematically, if installed on a well ballasted airship, could cut travel time to and from any point within Eorzea proper by a third the time or more. Engine chassis may be designed for any standard vessel.

Though further testing would be needed, Water crystal installation may allow turboprop usage for light naval vessels as well.

Ballistics

With the usage of special aether-charged shells, CORE can be used to infuse these shells with various elements and provide necessary force to fire them at distance. On impact, elemental power is unleashed with varying degrees of devastation, depending on the length of time charged. For example, a fire crystal matrix can be used for an incendiary or explosive effect, or an earth matrix can be used for raw impact or siege purposes.

As provided in an earlier report, current cannon designs require multiple persons to aim and operate. Further development to lessen the size of the system could lead to more portable applications.

Safety:

Further testing will be needed not only to verify effectiveness in design, but also to help develop safeguards. The engine has several built-in thresholds to ensure catalysis stability during operation. Cut-offs and balancing is still in development to prevent usage without core crystal components.

Development:

Thanks to recent support provided by the Order of the Twin Adder via their renewed ties to the Garlond Ironworks, I have in my posession the component necessary to complete two partial prototypes. This should be more than enough to modify specs as necessary and ensure effectiveness before moving forward with full development of a complete engine and chassis.

Within the next fortnight, I will begin testing both propulsion and ballistic prototypes of the CORE system. I will post notices on the board for assistance with these tests as I fine-tune the device. I have total confidence that, with time to develop, this may be a breakthrough in elemental power without the need for vulgar use of raw aetheric energy.

Attachments:

[*]CORE - Individual crystal catalysis chamber schematic

[*]CORE - Full Radial Engine Layout for Chassis Design[/list:u]

Talk about detail! Now that's an awesome report, thanks for the write up Syesta!

Journal of the month:

Deirdre's Journal:

I am standing in a stream.

It seems like a silly place to be as I can not swim.

I am here because I wish to be.

The cool water flows between my warm thighs, the sound drowns in my ears.

There is comfort in this being alone.

Between my legs the cool water seems to ebb, warmer and warmer...

I look down, and it is not crystal colours I see.

Red stains of blood streak and flow down the current, a hand brushes my exposed leg as the body drifts past me.

More bodies slowly drift by... this is no normal river.

I look behind, and see the dead being tossed in, one at a time, two men on a ridge.

Splash.

One wipes his brow, yells at the other.

Splash.

They wear red, dark colours I recognize...

Splash.

A child floats past me, but I am calm.

I feel compelled... I lay back in the water.

Blood water shifts against my cheeks, stains them, my hair comes undone to tangle with limbs.

I float now, by the dead, down the stream.

My ears are hollow now, as if I were deaf.

Like in a cave, a long endless cave...

Then the dream is gone, and I can not breathe.

A hand at my neck holds me under, I thrash.

No matter how much I struggle... I can not reach my assaulter.

No matter how much I try, I can not breathe underwater.

No matter how much I wish... I can not see his face... I've no sight under the blood-stained river.

Then... there is an odd moment of acceptance. I stop moving, laying still, limp...

I give up, I know I am going to die.

I close my eyes-

Undated

Written by Deirdre Ta'ea, a founding member of Everwatch, after a guided meditation. The imagery, tone, and the mood - all very well described in this piece.

A Glance Ahead

A glimpse to the horizon will yield a view of what's to come. Relations with other communities within Eorzea are being established, treks into the newly-discovered beastmen strongholds, the establishment of a storeroom and its inventory management to help with provisioning equipment to each member of the Everwatch. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Check in again next month to see what progress the Everwatch makes in the days and weeks to come!

• 1 month later...

Everwatch Monthly Update II (Oct/Nov)

Dust Settles

Salutations, plebs! Oskar here with your monthly updates! You heard it here first; the union is still strong, huzzah! (Imagine if the prez really did say that? Epic win, world peace.) The second month of Everwatchâs lifespan was a lot less hectic than the first. We saw the events slow down due to the poll taken from the first monthâs update. However aside from me granting your every wish, this was also due to many members being absent for a week or more at a time. Somehow we all managed to busy ourselves with real life at the same time. That and the natural growth of the linkshell into something more stable did offer plenty of time for individual RP and passion projects for the members who were able to be on, although I admit that it has been too quiet some days for my taste.

THIS WILL CHANGE! Yes, even if I have to completely metagame and make Oskar shout into the Linkshell when I am around. No wait, at this point, it wouldnât even be completely metagaming. Oh, women, what they do to our hearts. *le sigh*

What? I wasnât cryingâ¦

*clears his throat* Letâs move on, yes? *shifts away awkwardly*

(I heard that Oskar and Deir broke up.)

News

First Woodswatch training cycle and graduation was completed this month, and what an effort. Only one member was able to pass the required trainings and earn the honor of becoming part of Woodswatch, and that member is *drumroll* Syesta! *fanfare*

Syesta has also been scheduling more CORE Field Testing events, letting the rest of us play with her elaborate mechanisms and whatnot. To be honest, I do not even know how she does it, or WHAT she is doing (note to self: this may be a problem) but it's AWESOME.

253197.jpg

Oh did I mention Ariciont died? Yeah, that happened. Everwatch had a small ceremony in his honor at the Thalâs temple out in Thanalan, where Deirdre cut her hand and bled all over like some emo teenager and Eva burned a letter she wrote to him. Just in case youâre wondering, heâs aight, just had prolonged away-time from the game and used it to further his characterâs story. He is reborn, Twelve bless us.

271449.jpg

In more bad news, Nel was abducted for a number of days by a creepy mage who could have been Mason, but wasn't, because Mason is dead. This guy is less creepy, but a lot more able. The full story can be found here. Everwatch pulled Corvus Cinis and TALE to work together and bring her back safely. We've succeeded, at least in part, and forged some alliances. It is from this event that our bond with Covus solidified, although I am sure 90% of their members still hate Oskar :P

253177.jpg

Everwatch has been finally building itself up to challenge the endgame content released in patch 1.20. We take it slow, so what?! Some people like that! You can't just always, you know, rush into things and make a mess. Plus, we've been setting up an interesting RP story to go along with it all, so that's our excuse.

To Everwatch,

I regret that I must contact you under such unfortunate circumstances. Milton Cooper informed me that youâre the latest mercenary group to be affiliated with the Order of the Twin Adder. I recall when we, The Emerald Wardens, were as young as you, a very long time ago. We were hungry for fortune and fame. True to our values, we were willing to do anything to carve our names into the tomes of history. But, thatâs all over now â and I suppose weâve succeeded. If youâve not heard, our veteran warriors were struck down by a vile creature out in Thanalan. They were on a contract, investigating the truth of all the rumors regarding the summoned Primals. Although we have not yet met in person, Iâve had my eye on this group since youâve joined the Order. You all remind me of the Wardens, when we were still young. I hope you do not share the same ultimate fate. I, Arthur Romarii, ask you to take vengeance on the foe which caused the downfall of my dear friends and comrades. For this I will reward you with what is left of our treasury after all the dues have been taken care of, and our current Headquarters, one of the largest the Order has to offer. Do not falter, and do not hesitate, for the same offer has been extended to the Black Adder mercenary group. I will send the contract for private perusal to your leaders. Please, help an old man rest peacefully knowing that his brethren did not die needlessly.

Sincerely,

Arthur Romarii

Leader of the former Emerald Wardens

(link to story: Here)

Members

This month our application rate has seen a much needed decline, which gave the current members time to assimilate and get to know each other. We're still a small Linkshell with a handful of very active members. Recently I've cleaned up the roster both IC'ly and OOC'ly by removing inactive members. Our list of occupations within Everwatch is current as of 11/20/11.

That said I'd like to welcome our new members:

Tahrara

Vaare

Tier

Hope you guys enjoy your time with Everwatch!

Monthly Mentions

Poll of the month: This month's poll asked the members to vote on how their characters felt about Oskar as the leader of Everwatch.

Slightly discontent: 2 votes

Neutral: 3 votes

Slightly content: 2 votes

Very content: 2 votes

And before you ask, no I did not vote! Based on the results I can at least breathe easy because no one voted âVery discontent,â however Oskar's got some improvements to make. The poll spurred discussion on the subject, as members clarified their character's views.

Report of the month: Gunther Knox

I have recently been examining the Amalj'aa, including their rites and customs. However, I have found a strange lack of first-party histories; in light of this (or, perhaps, despite this), I'll need to acquire samples and perform research first-hand. The Amalj'aa worshipping rites of the Primal of Fire, Ifrit, are closely-kept secrets; hence the need for this excursion.

I propose we infiltrate the Amalj'aa stronghold Zahar'ak and locate a few key items: Inferno Tapers and an Inferno Lamp. The Tapers themselves are held by those chosen as the most devout, with many used in tandem during their rituals; with luck, we may find several, and see how they interact with one another and, possibly, the Inferno Lamp. The Lamp is a singularly rare item, held only by the most powerful Amalj'aa within Ifrit's favor. The Lamp holds enough power, or sway, to single-handedly beckon Ifrit from the Primal realm. Acquisition of such an item would be extremely difficult, but also extremely beneficial, both in regards to our own research and coffers and to the denial of such a powerful artifact to the Amalj'aa as a whole.

As for payment, I have contacted an associate of a fellow known as Louisoix, leader of the Circle of Knowledge; while unknown to me personally, I have been made to understand, many times, that he is a man of great knowledge and exceptional power. His name has appeared in my research once or twice, and my contact, Rosaire Rousseau, was quite knowledgable himself of Ifrit and the Amalj'aa Tapers. He has told me of an entrance into the stronghold that will be suitable, as well as a holder of the Inferno Lamp: Flamefist Ahlygg Roh, the current commander of Zahar'ak itself.

Rosaire promised 50,000 gil per Taper granted to the Circle, as well as 750,000 for the acquisition of the Inferno Lamp. The Lamp would be something of a shared spoil between us and the Circle, but we ought to have ample time for our own examinations. In addition, I have heard tell of adventurers and other treasure-hunters finding keys on residents of the stronghold, which unlock chests of various hues hidden within Zahar'ak's walls. So, not only are our knowledge and our coffers bolstered, but our equipment and fighting form as well. These retrievals are not part of the deal with Rosaire and Louisoix, so any such spoils we may find are ours to keep.

My proposed date is the 12th Sun. Attached is a copy of the contract for perusal and verification.

((Attached is a copy of an unsealed contract. Below are descriptions of some of the items one may come across during the assault.))

Contract Form

Operation Name: Hells' Burning Beacon

Offered by: Gunther Knox/Circle of Knowledge

Total Reward: Varies (See Details)

Date & Time: 12th Sun, Sixth Astral, 20th Bell

Caution Level (Low/Medium/High): HIGH

Objective: Locate and retrieve as many Amalj'aan ritual relics as possible.

Scout the Amalj'aa Stronghold, Zahar'ak, and retrieve any other useful items as necessary.

Details: Upon arriving at Zaharak, the unit will breach the first gate and press inward. The unit will slay any Amalj'aa found within, as well as searching their bodies and the environs for the desired relics and any other useful spoils. A map has not been provided, and intelligence is limited, so EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN ADVANCING. The operation is not time-limited, so the unit can retreat at any time with no penalties. If deemed viable, the unit should hunt down Flamefist Ahlygg Roh, presumably hidden within the deepest sections of Zahar'ak.

Seal of Approval

bvch9.png

Optimal party size: Full

Battle roles required: Healer, Marauder requested

Rank restrictions: Rank 45+ Exclusive

1. Gunther Knox

Inferno Taper

A staff, hewn from bone, topped with two entertwining bone horns and crested with a deep-red sphere, a fire burning within it. The entire staff is tinted red, and the fire releases heat well exceeding its size. Passing streams of Aether through the fire causes it to absorb the Aether and brighten dramatically, until it begins to circulate the Aether around the sphere, radiating intense heat and light. Several Tapers in close proximity circulate their Aether around the other staves as well, increasing the resultant heat and light for each additional Taper.

Inferno Lamp

A peculiar, cylindrical object with a solitary opening on one side and a handle on top. Entirely carved from dense, deep-brown aged bone, the lamp constantly radiates Aetherial energy, as well as a vibrant light from its aperture. Concentrating Aether in the lantern's crystalline core is met with intense resistance at first, then the core begins to absorb and recycle ambient Aether nearby until minimal external effort is required; the lantern cycles its own absorbed Aether, building constantly in strengnth until the beam of light is blindingly white, the bone vibrating with energy. The reaction is extroardinarily intense, attracting all sorts of Aetherially-inclined beings.

Great detail and effort put into this, very all-inclusive and informative as always. Gunther pwns, we all knew this.

Journal of the month: Ariciont Von Croix

::At a campfire at Camp Glory, Ariciont sits, light from the camp fire only making the glow of his amber eyes more intense. He fiddles with a twig in his hand while pondering about something. He throws the twig into the fire and sighs lightly before bowing his head.::

Halone, most powerful daughter of Rhalgr, hear my voice.

It's been many suns and I still have yet to reunite with the Watch. I made my way back to Gridania and it seems that I haven't missed much. Seems to peaceful. I ache for battle. I heard a fool in Ul'dah twice speak of Imperial movement near Camp Glory but by the time I reach the destination, the scum of Eorzea have already pulled back. Is this but a distraction, for what is to come in later suns. Twice have I been to the Everwatch office. The first time, I missed my comrades by a few ticks it would seem. I looked over the Notice board to see they were just off to do battle against a primal. A great task I surely missed out on. I have heard much of the primal Ifirt, and I am sure he is bold to his purpose, would have challenged my axe I am sure. Speaking of my Axe, before leaving the office I did notice that it was nothing but a decoration above the door of the Everwatch office. After speaking with Augustine, he told me that I must receive this and bring it to him. He spouted out words about spirtibond and such, all which is foreign to me. Hmph...

It was my axe and I felt it had better purpose. But Augustine promised he would use this Axe to make me a better, stonger axe. I don't really think it matters much as to what I wield, Halone. It could be a large stick, with rock tied to it's end... Bloodshed and glory would still be result and my purpose fullfilled. My second visit again, the office was under occupied, except for Deirdre who had seemed to had just returned from a venture herself. Her reaction to seeing me in flesh made me realize that the Watch had thought me dead. The package must have been delivered that I requested if I had fallen. I guess there was some truth to this, as it was said that life left me briefly. For them to think I would fall, gives proof to knowlege of my strength to be a bit under appreciated but, I couldn't blame them if Armor and letter stating that I had fallen had reached them. I'd figure they would at least want to see body before writing me off... Hmph... nothing can be done about that now.

Deirdre and I exchanged words there in the office. She seems to have some demons that she is running from, A women as such, molded in your image Halone, should not trouble herself with such trival things. We decided to go for a ride on our birds which Glaybius was glad to accompany such a request not seeing me for some time. We ended up deep within the deep of the shroud. We sat under a large tree and shared words of past, present and future. Deirdre, seemed changed and looking for something. Had I not just come from enteraining 3 women at the mineral concern, I may have given thought to her gestures, but my heart and mind is that of shedding blood, not to lay with one that is not only above me in rank in Everwatch, but women to my Brother in arms... something I can not and will not do. Leaves to question why many try to understand me, control me... I only yearn to be unleashed.

I had great fortune in beginning my father's wishes. The Bloodline is now reforged. My brothers in arms from the glory days of the Bloodline Legion, Reiza and Rathium agreed to shed blood with me. We gave oath that we shall forever be bond to each other's fate. And I hope you make is so Goddess. Soon we train. Our goal is to be feared as an unbeatable unit. One of honor glory and faith that you will lead us to those things. I also recruited an Elezen women by the name of Endinka Chanoix to join our ranks. While patroling the Shoud, I noticed the fire that burns within her every strike of her lance would bring while she trained. I believe her to be what would be a strong backbone to what is already a strong foundation to the legion.

I went to my home in Gridania to pick up my Linkpearl to see if I could contact the guard by these means. For some reason, the pearl is full of static. I could make out a few words the last time I had listened. Words that sounded like they flowed from the mouth of old Lieutenant of the Eorzean Guard, Gunther Knox. I just could not make out what was said. It would be good to see my old comrade. The world is but large and I shall seek out my comrades till I find them. While I am here I shall slay some Sheep and collect their fleece. I shall drop them off at the Sunsilks to Lady Eva personally. I don't know how to contact them or reach them other than this. With busted Pearl, I will just have to rely on the luck of the God's to run into someone.

I pray that you pave my way, Goddess, and I shall paint the road in blood of your foes.

It's as if Ariciont distilled BRUTAL and bottled it, right there. It's supersaturated with tough manliness, too. If you drink it, you grow beards, be careful.

A Glance Ahead

A glimpse to the horizon will yield a view of what's to come. Everwatch is looking to expand and will be devoting time into events which are aimed at gaining members. We will also be delving deeply into new content, such as the Ifrit battle and stronghold raids. A task board will be introduced to get all members involved in our continual effort of making Everwatch a beehive of RP activity. The next month should prove to be fun and challenging, so until next time!

238936.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

By Deirdre Taea

Everwatch Monthly Update III (Nov/Dec)

Greetings Everwatch, Deirdre here with this edition of the Monthly Update! Been a quiet month as to be expected, the holiday season has come upon us, and a lot of us are quite busy outside of the game! Regardless, this month has seen its ups and downs as if the Everwatch was on some kind of binge drinking bender.

Okay, not funny, I suck at jokes, that's what Oskar is for.

End of the jokes! On to the good stuff!

This month has seen; Leve training, Zahar'ak taking, employment making, primal breaking, a lack of baking, procreating, affiliating, inebriating, battery breaking and crabs.

Ran out of words, that's serious stuff.

News

First thing in the News is our new affiliation with dear old AETHER. These guys are well known scholars, gone quiet in the last little while.

Gathering together at Lifemend, that crazy stump where the moogles like to hang out, we busted out food and drink, chatting up our new allies as Oskar forced Verence to sign his contract in blood (not really). There were those who were social, those not so much, and those who would have killed anyone who spoke to them. Syesta actually got to speak to people who knew what she was talking about! And who knew she could flirt either? Not me.

Though many members were absent on both sides, most all had fun.

No one took pictures this night, Ha! Not cool guys.

We also finally planned a hunt for Dodore and his mysterious Doublet. This has been in the works for a while, sufficing to say we were full of zest when we rode out to Mor Dhona, ready for some action.

Only to remain there for hours... no sight of miasma weather, or the beast alike. We enjoyed our field-trip to Mor Dhona anyways, seems we all forgot how pretty it was.

Guaranteed we'll be back for revenge.

281260.jpg

WE BEAT IFRIT!

Yes we did! Good work to all those involved, our hard work and dillegence paid off, finally. That primal beasty fell hard, and darn right we were dancing on his grave.

Oskar ended up with the first primal weapon as well, the first of many.

253174.jpg

Members

We've had a serious decline in members this month. Not surprising with all the releases out in the big wide world, and the lack of content in this one. Regardless, we still have a few new members and a few quite active ones, hopefully with the update in our near future, we will see the return of the people we love.

Our list of occupations within Everwatch is current as of 12/11/11.

That said I'd like to welcome our new members:

Fen Fouroux

Endinka Chanoix

Hope you guys enjoy your time with Everwatch!

Monthly Mentions

Report of the month:

Report of the month goes to~~~~~ Syesta Rajani!

This CORE testing looks crazy, seems crazy... and actually is crazy! I hope it doesn't get one of us killed... Twelve forbid we have another funeral.

The details and uniqueness in each of these test result reports is different than anything done before, +5 to creativity!

Since my character would not be the type to participate in this kind of event (and I don't want to roll a D20 each time to see if she loses her baby) I get a lot of excitement in reading the results of the tests. Looks like everything went good this time, but there's more testing coming up, I wonder how everyone will fare!

To:

Oskar Helvig and the leadership of the Everwatch

Librarium and Recordkeepers of the Garlond Ironworks

Order of the Twin Adder

Title: Results of CORE Tests 5 through 8, Results of Crystal Endurance Tests

Date: 5th Sun of the 6th Umbral Moon

Details:

CORE Propulsion (Tests 5 - 8)

Assisted by: Oskar Helvig, Gunther Knox

Test Five: SUCCESS

Successful ignition

Maintained output of approx. 750 ponze-force (100% - 120% efficiency)

Successful termination

Catalysis balance maintained

Test Six: SUCCESS

Successful ignition

Maintained output of approx. 1750 ponze-force (220% - 240% efficiency)

Successful termination

Test Seven: SUCCESS

Successful ignition

Maintained output of approx. 1000 ponze-force (140% - 190% efficiency)

Successful termination

Test Eight: SUCCESS

Successful ignition

Maintained output of approx. 800 ponze-force (100% - 115% efficiency)

Successful termination

Conclusion:

The redesign of the manifold to prevent excessive feedback has thus far proven successful. As well, changes to the catalysis chamber and its interface with the aetheric ignition have shown no creation or output of excess aether. Before moving onto testing with a full 3 module engine, endurance tests for the energy sources will need to be conducted.

Energy Source Endurance (Tests 1 - 4)

Tests 1 and 2 done privately

Tests 3 and 4 assisted by: Oskar Helvig

After some discussion with the theorists from AETHER, it has been determined that before proceeding with further testing, either in propulsion or ballistics, that we further test our energy sources and their ability to withstand such demanding use for an extended period of time. Especially in the application of propulsion, the ability for the crystal process to endure usages throughout flight will be necessary for practical use.

Test One:

[*] Control Test - Standard Wind Crystal

[*] Endurance: 93 Seconds (from ignition to lattice breakdown)

[*] Normal Output

[*] Standard Disintegration[/list:u]

Test Two:

[*] Control Test - Standard Wind Crystal

[*] Endurance: 84 Seconds

[*] Normal Output

Test Three:

[*] Milled Wind Crystal - Cylindrical

[*] Endurance: 92 Seconds

[*] Normal Output

Test Four:

[*] Milled Wind Crystal - Prism

[*] Endurance: 49 Seconds

[*] Output Unknown

[*] Volatile Destruction

[*] Testing apparatus catastrophically damaged[/list:u]

Conclusion:

Though more testing will need to be completed to verify results, thus far, attempts to increase endurance through manufacture of the crystal's physical shape have proven ineffective at best, and potentially dangerous to the system at worst. The reaction to the prismic shaping came as a surprise, as the process of crystal deterioration is not normally violent. Damage to the testing apparatus will come as a setback to future testing. It will be remade with further safeguards to prevent potential hazard to those administering the tests.

As another point of information, aural observation of tests three and four revealed what may be further cues during the course of the test. Future designs may make use of this fact to help provide further information to gather.

Journal of the month:

The journal of the month this month goes to~~~~~ Oskar Helvig!

He's the one whose been high half the month, saying crazy things and still managing to do his job, when he's not sleeping! Even still, no one's surprised there's a poet hiding inside, we all knew Oskar just had a hard time expressing himself!

Ideas for recruitment flyers

Need a job? Join a mercenary group that stands for

Everwatch mercenary company expanding, many positions

The Imperials march on our soil, the false gods of the beastmen tribes threaten the land! Join Everwatch, and help Eorzea!

Everwatch is looking for virtuous individuals to fight against

Blades, spears, axes, wands - weilders of any weapon can find honest

What you know about the running, the stretching

The blades, the weapons

The path, the journey

The jewels, the learning

The fear, the focus

The aches, the pains

The contact sparring, the breaks, the sprains

The trial and error, the ranks, and belts

The spiritual growth, the second breaths

The tests, the techniques

The forms, the stances

The flow, the rhythm, the internal answers

The herbs, the healing, the quiet meditation

The truths reveal through daily dedication

The love for the art, the sweat on your brow

The mind, the body, and the spirit at work

The feelings of failure, the hope to succeed

The battles of questions like "Is victory guaranteed?"

The water, the thirst

The cleansing, the blessings

The flash of insights, the teachings, the lessons

The grappling and locking, trapping and boxing

The training and slacking

The starting and stopping

And staying committed, when your lady isn't with you

The hours of practice, after the training is finished

The cause of your ignorance, flaws in your discipline

Broken laws of nutrition, and poor conditioning

The vitamins, supplements, salves and ointments

The kinships, pull joints in Phrontistery appointments

The dues, the pads, the wraps, the gloves

The mouthpiece you left home, the taste of your own blood

The hunger, the blocks

The punches, the squats

The crunches, the example you set for the youngsters

The will, the skills, to kill or to heal

The separation between what's fake and what's real

The laws of the Twelve and class comradery

The vows of humility,

[tab=120]the bow,

[tab=160]the courtesy.

Parting Message

Well, it's been a quiet month overall, hopefully we'll see some activity rising with the incentive of newly devised RP events, an update, and the end of the holiday season.

Happy Holidays guys~!

Please take more screenshots for the new year! Until then, have an Eva-hug.

232866.jpg

• 1 month later...

Everwatch Monthly Update IV (Dec/Jan)

The Big Take Over

Oskar here, and hello once again Everwatch and those eyes... those curious eyes which look on from the darkness. Hello to you, stranger.

Now that we're done with that creepy greeting, let's move on to some substance, yes? Yes... we all agree that it's the best course of action.

This past month, Everwatch was taken over! Oskar was injured on a mission which Deirdre (the player) DM'ed. She's actually done a few very interesting DM'ed missions for the rest of us this past month, so thanks, I guess :P But on /that/ one, where Everwatch was sent to obtain a very sacred box for the Order of the Twin Adder, which was sailing on a ship, down in the cargo hold, where there were caged dragons and other treasures, Oskar got got! If you're not familiar with slang, that means he was shot. In the chest, too â so that's been fun to RP out! My main character fighting for his life, undergoing withdrawal from the bites of âMuravyeâ ants (a drug I've made up), and is now crippled for the near future. Fun times, thanks a lot Deirdre.

But in his stead, a plot was hatched IC'ly to have someone else take hold of Everwatch. His name is Ildorath Ver'honu, and he is a bad, bad man. We've had fun with a little story-arch where Everwatch took a turn for the illegal activities! A quick list of which is escorting moko grass caravan (during which Deirdre gave birth), helping a fake Gil manufacturer get his pyrite, making Syesta construct pistols instead of her usual work, and other very very shady activity.

Speaking of Syesta, she has started a storyline of her own, latest event having us fight against a number of Imperial mercenaries, and discovering something new about her in the process!

Eva has been in a slumber for a while (conveniently over the holidays!) due to her overuse of aether on one occasion. Her father has also been ill, and so not much of Eva was seen this past month. All of that will change over the course of the next month, as she rises to power and makes entire Eorzea fall the knee underneath her menacing glare... what? No, I am getting word now that this will not be happening. But hopefully we will see more of her next month!

Bad news, Deirdre has been ousted from the watch! Don't worry, this is purely IC â attempting to thwart the leader would do that. There was just way too much bad blood between Oskar and Deir, and going into here would be a major downer, so I wont! Find our for yourselves, read the journals :P

Aside from RP, we've also tackled on endgame. Some of us got a few wins over Ifrit and loot to show for it. A coffer run yielded Gunther a cap he wanted, Syesta got her third rank fifty, and I was shocked/amused by how easy Darkhold is now. We still haven't taken on the Moogle King, though. We're coming for you!

Members

Welcome to our new members!

Mnim

Mtoto

Hana

We hope you enjoy what we do here, and contribute your own bit of RP into the melting pot. I'm very excited about new members in general, the more we have the more things we can accomplish! This batch though, they are something else. We'll have to wait till the next update to see what they've been up to!

Monthly Mentions

Poll of the month: This month's poll asked members what their character's views on the shady activities in the past month is in retrospect, and the results:

Favorably: 1

Neutral: 3

Unfavorably: 3

So it seems there is one bad apple in the bunch, but hey, the rest seemed to at least not to care! That's good... right? I mean, we're okay... we're okay...

Report of the month: Wailers Report from Interrogating Imperials from Syesta's event, âThe Exiled Engineerâ

To: Oskar Helvig,

We have received word that fellow Wailer Dmitry served admirably in the field against Imperial aggression. While we are highly concerned about this breach, we are proud to have provided assistance in this successful campaign. Enclosed are details into the information we have attained from the captured soldiers:

-One soldier is highly insubordinate, repeating only a line of personal rank and identification.

No other information has yet been gathered.

-The other was more vocal, stating he was only a sellsword, hired at the promise of 2,500,000 gil once the objective was completed.

-He had been with the group for nearly 3 cycles, spending most times in light training and wait for some sort of signal to deploy. Once they got that signal, they setup the trap that was sprung when "that dark-skinned miqo'te" showed up.

-None of the other soldiers ever gave their name, only their rank and ID number to each other.

Even then, noted that this particular detachment had been requested to return from the field nearly a cycle and a half ago, and disregarded the order to complete this particular mission.

-He noted that their combat readiness seemed to wane as time passed, but all were fiercely loyal to their captain's order to complete the mission.

-He believes they would have been considered derelict or deserters by that time if they had returned empty-handed.

He gave us the official charge that was given to several of the soldiers prior to their departure. The Garlean letter has been translated by our linguists:

Capture of S'vatra Estelle Rajani:

The person Sâvatra Estelle Rajani and The Memoranda of Y'linn Balea Nemerr are the restricted property of the Garlean Imperial Ministries of Science and Technology. This person requires immediate re-education due to her sensitive knowledge of internal technology and affairs.

Whosoever is in possession of this writ has right, on behalf of the Imperial Magistrates, to apprehend and render her to Garlemald to face judgement, or to carry out the sentence of summary execution, should she resist and should the Memoranda be unrecoverable

Miss Rajani is listed in our index of active Wailers and guild honorees, so we are concerned about her well-being, however we are also concerned that her occupancy within our walls may create an unsafe environment for fellow Gridanians. Further incursions or incidents involving Imperial action caused directly by her presence may result in her candidacy for exile from Gridania.

Please contact me via post or at the Wailers offices if you have any further questions of concerns on the matter.

Wailer Corporal Swethyna

When the Wailer who accompanied the group, Dmitry (who I RP'ed as) went out of his way to stun or knock out the Imperials, I did not see Syesta (the player) then writing up a whole report on behalf of the Wailers who apprehended the evildoers. Great work there as always and furthers the story even more! Woot!

Journal of the month: Eva's journal

I'm still looking for meaning from my meditation yesterday. I remember that boy Toad now. I don't think I realized my classmates had viewed me in that way. I stopped his bleeding when Tulios pushed him onto a jagged rock one time. I fixed Margoh's twisted ankle, and I never ratted out Julian when he fell out of the tree he wasn't supposed to climb and broke his leg. Did they all look upon me this way when I was only trying to help? A witch? I'm remembering now why it wasn't so bad when Father said I couldn't channel like that anymore, that it was too dangerous.

But the danger wasn't merely because of what happened with the man from the Ossuary - not that it alone wasn't a good enough reason to bury such a "gift." Perhaps more importantly, because of what brought him out to our remote little village. Unwanted attention. The reason I stopped it, and the reason we moved to Gridania. He wouldn't talk much about it. If he ever wakes up, maybe I'll see if I can get him to tell me. I have questions and the only response I ever get now is the sound of the heavy breathing his unending sleep brings.

But as I reflect on things, it's different now. I'm no longer an oddity. I realize it wasn't so much that I could heal. Any disciplined individual can become a healer with enough time, patience, and practice. It was that I was able to do so from such an early age, and with no formal training - not the way many of the conjurers I've met seem to have learned. Really there was no "learning" for me... It was always there. Instinct, maybe. The only one I ever really knew that could relate was Miyu, but I have heard troubling things about her ever since Dyne's death and I'm not really sure what to believe anymore.

The night before last I met with Oskar and we spoke at length about the Everwatch. His breathing is still labored and it pains me to see him like that. I know I can't fix him the way that I could have five and twenty years ago. With Deirdre having been cast out and Rhio missing for so long now, he clearly wants me to take a more active role as a leader of the group. I am not comfortable with this. I am an advisor. I see things. And I foresee things. And I speak my mind to what I feel would best serve us all. It seems he would have me strut around and make everyone respect some sort of imagined sense of power. Even in meeting with the lalafell courrier beforehand, Mnim I believe, I would much rather have been perceived as a friend and comrade than some leader looking down her nose at everyone. But I think that is how Oskar would prefer the others look upon me. It simply is not my way. But I acquiesced.

I know myself, and I will be smothered by this leadership. Can I be like her? Do I even want to? Dreams of the mirror trouble my sleep, and the cruel raven-haired woman in the reflection who shares my face but not my conscience frightens me immensely. I have awoken in the middle of the night in a cold sweat too many times. She is confident though, in her decisions. When I walk in her shoes in my dreams, I am as well. It feels good, until I wake. The people that serve her, worship her, admire her, fear her... I don't have such aspirations. I just want friendship, and peace, and a sense of contentment in my life.

What I want for myself is a miniscule thing compared to what I want for the Watch. So I will help. I will do what I can. I'm no leader, though, and I'm afraid they'll all see that before long. Oskar will demand his dagger back when I fail - and I inevitably will. I have thought of resigning, even before this meeting and this responsibility was dropped upon me like a sack of granite. The notion is still there, but I think I'm more worried about being seen as a disappointment.

I spent a quiet sun yesterday in prayer and meditation, and then cutting leather which used to frustrate me to no end, but now I find it oddly relaxing. Oskar asked about Nel, and I'm planning a trek out to Ul'dah later this eve. I regret I'll likely miss the arms training that has been scheduled, but I suppose there will be others. Isilme probably knows where I can find her. I just hope she is all right. The last time we spoke left me worried for her well-being.

I am coming to terms with the fact that Father may never wake up. I feel numb about it. I feel numb about everything. I feel so lost in the nothingness that has become my life. There is so little that brings me joy anymore. I am empty.

Twelve, please help me find some clarity.

Someone who deserved a monthly journal mention for a while now, Eva consistently dishes out interesting and insightful journal entries which also sum up the activities of the covered time frame extremely well. I urge you, if you haven't, check them out. They're amazing!

A Glance Ahead

Everwatch which now has returned back into Oskar's hands, will continue to do what it can for the Twelveswood and the realm at large. The next few weeks will be dedicated to strengthening the core of the Linkshell, more endgame, as well as reaching out to other groups! I will also be working on setting up a brand new RP podcast, so stay tuned for more news about that! See you all next month, toodles~

• 1 month later...

Posting in Eva's stead since she is out for the weekend.

Everwatch Monthly Update V (Jan/Feb '12)

Back in the Fold

Eva here bringing you this month's Everwatch update. The past few weeks have shown some interesting developments for many of our members.

For one, Oskar's been recovering nicely from his gunshot wound but decided to leave us all to the wolves so that he could return to the clan-lands for a couple weeks. With Rhio MIA and Deirdre having been ousted that left poor little Eva in charge of the company. So of course the HQ got some new curtains, and we all assembled for tea and crumpets twice daily to talk about our feelings and- Okay okay, I'm kidding. But it was a pretty daunting task for her. Luckily Syesta and the others helped make the time pass a little more quickly.

A quest for a particular type of sand that was needed for Syesta's custom spectacles brought several of us out to Thanalan where it was eventually found - but not without having to deal with some bombs and other baddies first.

Later in the week Eva was approached in Oskar's stead by the authorities from the Twin Adder to call upon the Everwatch to assist with foiling an Ixali plot to ambush a caravan headed from Hyrstmill to Gridania, carrying an important envoy. The trap was effectively sprung prior to the caravan's arrival and we are pleased to announce that he safely made it to Gridania...

...only to be assassinated by an Ixali marksman traveling in a dirigible overhead the following morning... Fun times!

So again Eva was called upon to rally together the Watch to venture out to Coerthas where it was believed the airship carrying this assassin was bound for. A small group was successfully able to infiltrate Natalan, locate the airship, and eliminate all occupants just as it landed. And more importantly, get the hell out!

But a few questions arise as a result of these most recent orders - Who was this emissary? Why was he assassinated? Or perhaps most importantly, why was a small detail sent out to Natalan on a mission of vengeance? These questions and more to be answered in next month's edition of As Eorzea Turns The Everwatch Monthly Update!

But wait, there's more! (you didn't think that was all that happened this past month, did you?)

Our very own Syesta successfully located the Garlean agent that had been stalking her and a plan was quickly hatched to go after him. Fortunately for us, Oskar was back from his underground vacation by this point so we were able to at least look imposing as we returned to Coerthas to get some answers.

A confrontation with the well-armed Garlean doctor ensued and when things looked most bleak, an arrow from Manari - our newest recruit - struck its mark true. A key to a lock-box at the Platinum Mirage was recovered from his body and Syesta was able to get at least some answers to questions she had.

At a Linkshell meeting, where those gathered discussed future projects, it was decided that Everwatch will be undergoing more training in the next month, as well as seeking to expand it's membership! While a lot of inactive members were removed from the roster, as well as others let go, those who remain are eager to contribute to the LS operations as a whole, and be proactive in their RP.

For instance Syesta, who has been a very active member, was granted the "Archonte" position, which makes her a leader of sorts within the group. This leadership is also extended OOC'ly, so please do not hesitate to approach her with any questions/concerns be they IC or OOC! Aside from being an Engineer with her own assistant, Lina, she also heads Woodswatch, to which every member of Everwatch is now required to enroll. Others also had quite ambitious projects, and yet they were all focused towards a common goal. For those who have missed the meeting and haven't discussed how their character can contribute to the RP shenanigans that are going on, speak with Oskar asap!

Last but not least, bonds are being formed between Everwatch and another company called Nebulous. This moderate RP Linkshell strives to assist other groups in both supplies and manpower. Currently both groups are getting to know one another, and are well on our way of signing an Affiliate Contract. If other groups or individuals want to RP with us, feel free to let us know by vising our External Affairs forum. We've plenty of events that anyone is free to participate in! In fact, the more the merrier!

Members

A warm welcome to our newest members!

Rakka

Berd

Crowley

Manari

Lina

Kailee

Everyone brings a unique element to our RP and we look forward to hearing what these new voices add to the rhythm we already have going.

Monthly Mentions

Poll of the month: This month we asked members how their characters felt about the big LS meeting we had recently. The results... were astonishing.

So-So: 1 vote

It was alright: 6 votes

Wasn't there: 1 vote

Okay, maybe they aren't that exciting, but still.

Report of the month: Syesta's report on what was found in her pursuers cache.

To: Oskar Helvig

Title: Information from the Cache of Olucien Roch

Date: 1U/3

Information from Roch's cache

-My persuer was Imperial Immunes (Lieutenant of an Engineering corp) Olucien Roch

-A complete dossier on myself was found. Partial documents (biometrics, professions, contacts) were found on Oskar, Gustav, Gunther, and Eva.

History revealed from Dossier:

-Roch was formerly a medical technician. Our relationship was that of a patient and physician.

-I was admitted to his care as a child for a severe heart problem (Cardiac Arrythmia). He fitted me with a type of pulse regulator/pacemaker.

-I almost did not survive the procedure. The documents note I temporarily suffered from acute memory failure as a result of massive blood loss. This may explain my difficulty in recalling my childhood.

-According to the documents, my recovery and rehabilitation was supplemented with attempts to 're-educate,' which failed. As I was too young to be conscripted, and against Olucien's will, I was returned to my parents.

-My mother, Y'linn Nemerr, was employed as a local national and technical aide of the ambassadorship to Garlemald in Ala Mhigo.

-Just prior to the invasion, Roch was assigned to the team investigating Allagan relics in northern Aldenard.

-As recompense for my treatment, she was tasked with assisting Olucien's research team by providing support with their power grids.

-Upon her own independent research through illegal reception of documents on the Allagan empire, she began to be vocal against pursuing further research.

-Taking a brash action to stall, she sabotaged one of the generators. The resulting damage collapsed part of the excavation site, killing 71 of Olucien's team members.

-Roch was tasked with searching for and apprehending Y'linn as a suspect, and myself as a person of interest. As evidenced in our encounter, he must have been emotionally driven as well.

-The Serpentine Sun was destroyed inadvertently. The ship was carrying not only refugees from Ala Mhigo, but a smuggled cache of weapons and explosives. The incident killed both my parents, however I managed to survive, along with the book of mother's references and notes.

-Despite the vessel's destruction, Roch was sure of his successful venture, and was assigned as an espionage agent within Ul'dah.

-Roch learned of my survival and newfound engineering exploits through interrogation of one of my suppliers in Limsa Lominsa. He eavesdropped on one of the tests in Thanalan.

-Roch was responsible for sending the recovered crate of personal effects and forged H'ranbolo's letter. He also set up the ambush by the Mirror.

Other information:

-Roch was NOT discharged from the Imperial military, and was, as of approximately 40 days ago, still active duty

-Roch may have been directly involved in the deaths of two financiers in Ul'dah, both of which had lucrative ties to the Syndicate.

-Courier bills found in the cache reveal he was in contact with persons both within Ishgard and Garlemald. All information contained within may have been shared.

-A Draconian Rosary was found in the cache. Roch either was in contact with an Ishgardian defector, or was one himself.

-A guarantor note worth 150,000 gil was in the cache, along with a note that the "remainder" would be granted upon completion of his mission. As the Garlean military does not engage in bounty in any official capacity, there may be another benefactor to his exploits.

The following letter was found in the cache:

Charge against Y'linn Nemerr - (Translated)

To: Immunes Olucien Roch

Report from the Allagan Ruins in Northern Aldenard.

All personnel have been accounted for. 71 are confirmed killed in the incident, all from from your engineering detachment. Initial investigation shows an overload in one of the primary aether catalysis reactors caused the explosion and subsequent collapse of part of the excavation site. Several fail-safes were circumvented, leading both the field investigators and these Magistrate Offices to believe this was an act of sabotage.

We have reason to believe a local national, and internally renowned theorist Yâlinn Nemerr, who had provided the specially manufactured aetheric ignitions for that dayâs operations, may be primarily at fault. The intact relay that was discovered and appears to be routed incorrectly, paving the way for the over-capacitance that we believe resulted in the overload and rupture of the generator.

Based on our internal records and her history, she has been very vocal against our research into Allagan technology, and although her other research has been helpful, she has been resistant on efforts to investigate the Allagan relics. Now this more than any other charge, we cannot abide by mass murder.

Reconnaissance tells us she is planning on fleeing the Ala Mhigan watershed to either lower Aldenard or Vylbrand, along with her husband and daughter. Eorzean governments will not engage in rendition on their own terms. You are to bring Yâlinn to justice. She maintains her notes in a large, unmarked tome. This may be a repository for internal secrets, and must be found and returned. You may also remember her daughter, Sâvatra. She is of particular interest to us, as she is not only proof of your success with augmentation, but she will have been exposed to much of our technical knowledge as well. Rare is the mind that can resist our persuasion.

Do not fail us.

Attachments:

[*]Garlean Correspondence - Charge against Y'linn Nemerr[/list:u]

Superb amount of detail as per usual, it's hard to beat Syesta's reports. The effort put into them is surprising every time. This one in particular is awesome because it summarizes what the story was about from an angle we would usually not see, as well as wrap up some lingering questions about what happened. Touche.

Journal of the month: Lina's journal!

Fourteenth Sun of the First Umbral Moon

Current Task: None! At least, for the Ossuary....

Note: Ask Syesta to give little Sebastian a lesson or two about crystals. I should probably help, because the little mammet doesn't really follow her other ones...and it can't hurt for me, either.

It's been a busy time for us. We've found a piece of little Sebastian's past, met many interesting people, and joined a Gridanian mercenary band! Wawaton sure doesn't think too highly of this decision, but this wasn't his to make. And the Ossuary will get on with its other many novices. He just likes to complain, and also to look out of his cowl dramatically. It's probably made easier because he's so short, so he has to look through the hood to see anyone.

Anyway! I officially signed on with the Everwatch. It seems like they're on hard times, and so I'm here to help! So's little Sebastian, of course. He's done quite a few things for them, too, and they even gave him his own contract and personnel form. He's an accounts-keeper, of sorts. He's awfully good with numbers. Must be his little mammet intellect at work.

Its leader, Oskar, is an odd fellow. He seems nice enough, and he's strong, and good with an axe, but I get the feeling that there's a lot more to him than I know. That look during the meeting...I still wonder what that was. But that other Elezen was welcomed back, so maybe she left at a bad time? I don't really want to ask....

Oh, and the third Elezen. I think her name was Eva? She kept talking about being there to listen if we wanted to talk to her. It's probably impossible, but I wouldn't mind trying to. I do have a few things to say, if she's willing to listen. Maybe little Sebastian does, too.

Anyway, no point in dwelling on him. Little Sebastian wanted a share of this journal, so I'll let him. Here he comes, now.

HELLO, AGAIN. IT'S SEBASTIAN. I'VE MET LOTS OF NICE PEOPLE, TOO. MISS NEL, MISS KAILEE, AND MR OSKAR AND MISS SYESTA, OF COURSE, BUT I ALREADY SORT OF KNEW MISS SYESTA. ANYWAY, I'M GLAD I'VE GOTTEN TO TRAVEL AROUND WITH LINA AND MEET ALL THESE PEOPLE. I HOPE WE KEEP TRAVELLING, BUT I ALSO HOPE WE KEEP LOOKING FOR ALL THOSE OTHER MAMMETS OUT THERE.

Little Sebastian is right, of course. We haven't done as much as we could have lately, with looking for his friends. But I want to take some time to get settled in with the Everwatch before asking them to help, again. I think they like me, at least.

Sebastian the mammet brings a unique flavor to Lina's journals, that are already quite interesting to read, since Lina has a bit of trouble speaking herself! I think it will be interesting to read her thoughts she otherwise cannot clearly express going forward, when the character forms more opinions about others and the organization she works for.

A Look Forward

The most recent events have shown a handful of us Watchers what Oskar's true intentions are for the company. Uniting the three nations under one banner to stand together against the threat from the North. A lofty goal, and one that almost certainly carries with it certain risks. Time will tell what the future holds in store for the Everwatch and it's megalomaniacal leader!

PS We will be switching Monthly Updates to being posted around the first of the month, so the end of February will be added into March's update.

• 1 month later...

Everwatch Monthly Update VI (March '12)

The master plan is set in motion

Hello, everyone! This time it is I, Manari, bringing you the monthly update for the month of March 2012. (Technically, from Feb 20th and onwards but who's counting?) We've had a lot of things happen in these weeks, and I'm going to try and cover most of it!

A big part of what Everwatch has been doing these weeks is undergoing mandatory Woodswatch training. This training is a five session course of varying types of training all designed and constructed by our very own Syesta. These five courses have our members learning everything they need to know about how and why we protect the Twelveswood, and teaching them the skills they need to do so. Syesta has done a fantastic job in putting these together and instructing us through them. Each of the five courses has been very different and unique and many of the ideas Syesta has implemented in them have been very impressive, and a lot of fun to RP through!

The Everwatch has gotten involved in a rather serious matter with a group of poachers called The Vultures. What started out as a seemingly straight forward contract to round up some poachers for the Twin Adder, has ended with a horrible display of the sick nature of these poachers, who were skinning people alive! The Everwatch didn't find much other than several skinned corpses, and one skinned man that still lived. In his mouth was stuffed a chilling message, a message specifically for the Everwatch! It said that our skins would be valuable as well. They knew the Everwatch was coming, and set that grotesque scene up just for them. This story arc is far from over, so look forward to where it goes from here!

The newest scout in the Watch, my very own Manari, laid out a mission to scout out and explore the farthest reaching Aetherial gates of the Black Shroud, along with Eva. The expedition proved to be challenging and difficult, but it also served to bring out the deepest fears of both Manari and Kailee as they progressed past both drakes and bridges over water. Oskar felt that they had things holding them back and needed to get them out in the open so they could start to face them together. This was the first time Manari had ever told anyone the tragedy of her past.

And speaking of Manari, she's caused a bit of a stir within the Watch recently. Everything has calmed down now for the most part, but for a while there she was nearly kicked out without so much as a mention of it to anyone else in Everwatch! For details you can check out her journal.

One of the Everwatch's veteran members had her big day this month! That's right, Nel and her fiance Isilme were married this month, and held the ceremony twice to allow everyone to attend. It is my understanding that the pre-wedding party was quite a riot as well. So a big congratulations to Nel and Isilme!

It's not all war and training in the Everwatch. Not at all, in the effort to make a difference in the lives of Eorzea's children, Everwatch hosted a big event to help heal the sick children of Ul'dah. This event was not-for-profit and everyone is asked to pitch in and do their part for the kids. We had performers entertaining the crowds, our cooks made meals for everyone, and of course the best healers we have done all they can for the kids. It's these kinds of things that will show the people of Eorzea that the Everwatch is not just your run of the mill band of Mercs. They are a group of very capable people who are going to make a real difference in this world.

Of course, you can't always win, and that's true even here in the Everwatch. We had to postpone a contract to deal with a large group of powerful drakes due to being understaffed that evening, and we had several battles against the Primal Ifrit, who yet still refused to be defeated recently.

Members

Let's give a warm welcome to our newest members!

Rhapsody

Mnhir

Mihana

Maelara

Kristiana

This batch, make no mistake about it, will provide Oskar with a giant headache! And really, isn't that what life is all about? Let's help them fit in and include them in our RP storylines.

Also major props to all our current members for really stepping up over the past month and contributing more than ever to the LS!

Monthly Mentions (And this is by Oskar)

Poll of the month: This month we asked our members what their characters thought about the recent proposal to expand Everwatch into Ulâdah.

Remain in the Twelveswood: 2 votes

Stay in the Shroud â for now: 3 votes

Make steps toward expansion: 4 votes

It seems the characters are fairly split on the issue and itâll be fun to see what happens regarding this decision in the coming month!

Report of the month: Oskarâs report on the Vultures.

Report Form

To: Milton Cooper, Order of the Twin Adder, Everwatch

Title: Regarding âThe Vulturesâ and the Wailer detachment

Name: Oskar Helvig

Date: 27th Sun, 2nd Astral Moon

Details:

After the Wailer detachment that was sent out to track and capture the leader of the Vultures was not heard from for three suns, the Everwatch was dispatched to find the Wailers and aid them in bringing down the leader of this growing poacher group. We sensed trouble after finding one of the Wailers dead, on the edge of the woods, with tracks leading to Thanalan. Traces of a fight were seen, and it appeared that the Wailers have driven them out of the Twelvewood, and wished to finish the job. After encountering a trap loaded with a bolt, which turned out to have a paralyzing agent on it's tip, and we were thankful it wasn't a fast acting poison. As we set foot in Thal's Respite, all smelled a foul odor, sand had hints of blood in the grain. We soon found the Wailers, bound around one of the columns, bags over their heads. They appeared to be deceased, until one made a sound. We quickly stated examining each, and found even a more horrible sight. All of them missed skin on their face, missing teeth as well. Only one remained alive, and we found out with shock that what they have done, they've done to living souls. His name was Dmitri, as we found from his wood chip, he was familiar to some of the Watch. He could not speak, but when his mouth opened, we saw something inside. A parchment with a message, âHunters are never hunted. Your skin and teeth will fetch a fine price too, Everwatch.â The team soon left the Respite, after giving Dmitri a calm death. The sight of those men, the message sent, still plagues our minds to this sun.

Attachments:

[*] Found Parchment[/list:u]

If you need someone to hold you at night because you cannot sleep, you know who to call.

Journal of the month: This month features an awesome new member, who took the time to pen this whole update~~~~~ Manari!

**Bold, deliberate lines are drawn across the top of the parchment, forming a design that resembles an empty sheet of music, with no notes.**

I feel on top of the world. To think I had already given up on everything I had come to love here, and was ready to look for a new purpose. How could I not have, when it seemed inevitable that I would be forced to leave. With Oskar telling me I couldn't be trusted and would be forced to leave the Everwatch, I felt my bow and everything I had done with it was now just a reminder of all the bad memories I have experienced. How could I aim this bow true when nothing but sorrow came to mind when I hold it.

I had made up my mind. I weave the Aether into my songs to keep everyone focused in battle. I can learn to use it more skillfully. I would cast aside my bow and take up the staff of conjury. I don't know if I thought I could make up for my mistakes by helping others, but I vowed to one day wear the robes of the White Mage. I would find a new home, and new allies who's trust I would earn, and most importantly, keep. My mind was made up. But my dear sister's mind was made up as well, with a much different idea.

I met her at the Mineral Concern. She could see it in my face. Something was wrong. I told her that I could no longer work with her. That's all I said. She knew what had happened just from that. I hadn't even finished the next sentence when I could hear her loudly calling Oskar out over the pearl. I think she already had a few drinks in her. She caused such a commotion that Lady Eva had to come meet us with Nel in Ul'dah so I could try and explain things. My ousting was now public Watch business.

Oskar probably wouldn't believe me if I told him, but I told Eva the story honestly, and never once tried to make Oskar out to be the villain. It took a very long time to explain what had happened, and in the end both Nel and Lady Eva agreed that nothing I did broke any rules of the Everwatch, and for no reason should I have been ousted. She was very confident about me remaining in the Watch, and talking with her made me feel so happy. I know Oskar doesn't know how much his Everwatch means to me.

I don't know what Lady Eva said to Oskar, but it worked. I'm back on the roster and now only have to deal with the uncomfortable air between Oskar and myself. Which, at first, was so thick it almost choked everyone around us. The others must have said something to Oskar about it, because one evening he found me alone in the HQ and told me he was sick of everyone telling him to get over something that I was causing. They way he worded it was cruel, but it rang true. Oskar was right. I was scared and nervous around him, and did try to hide it. He told me I wanted people to see me acting like that so they would know I was sorry for what I had done. In the end, I decided that acting that way was only making things worse, and if I ever hope to get through this, the only way was to just act normal. Maybe someday it will be normal.

Since then I've been a few missions and trainings and such with Oskar. I know his true feelings about me, and they haven't changed at all. But the others would probably think we have come to terms the way we act now. Oskar hides it well, so I feel like I should follow suit. Sometimes he doesn't even stare daggers at me with those cruel eyes of his... And I really appreciate when he doesn't do that, too. Every time I see that look of disgust on his face with those eyes burning into my soul, I hear those cruel words he called me again, and it makes me want to cry. He always knows exactly what to say to make me feel horrible.

It was only a sun or two after that night I cornered Oskar again. I don't know why I did it. I knew he would be taking the ferry to Limsa Lominsa and I made up a pathetic excuse to be on the ferry at the same time as him. We were alone on the ferry, too. He's not stupid, he saw through my simple plan from the start. Still, he did talk to me. Even if his words to me when we are alone are still cruel and full of venom, I wanted to talk to him anyway. My made up excuse was I wanted to learn the axe from the Mauraders in Limsa... I would never ever set foot anywhere near those monsters, and Oskar probably knew that. He laughed at me, called me weak and soft and told me all the horrible things they would do to me if I tried to go there. I wonder if he wished those things would all happen to me? The entire conversation went about as well as all of our recent conversations... Except maybe at the very end just before docking, I begged him to please let me earn his trust back over time with loyal service and duty to the Everwatch. He just said only time will tell. All I'm asking for it a chance to prove the Watch, and Oskar, can trust me to give everything I have to our cause.

I'm becoming more optimistic, though! Just last evening we departed for the beastman stronghold of Zahar'ak. This was to be an extremely dangerous mission as we stormed the gates of the lizard beasts, culling them in their own fortress. The teamwork of the Everwatch was nearly flawless as we all worked in unison as a group. No number of the hulking brutes would have stopped us last night. We retrieved the items we came for, and thinned their ranks a great deal to boot. Their morale surely took a blow that night. After the operation was all over, we took a few hits, but came out alive and in once piece. Oskar complimented us all on our teamwork and even all of us individually... Even me.

I had a very interesting conversation with Kailee last evening. We talked about many things that I'm too shy to write down, even here in my own journal. She's found herself someone special, and she's so happy now. I'm so excited and happy for her, she's been so sad about it since I've met her, but now she's always happy. I'm so glad for her. It all really sounds wonderful from how she talks. The situation confuses me, but it seems all parties involved are happy with it, so I'll just let it be.

**Several wispy circular lines encircle one another to form an intricate series of bubble-like designs that float across the parchment.**

Leon has been ill recently, and I haven't seen him much. I spend my time either training myself in healing with the Aether, or practicing my music. My music makes me happy and I love playing it, but I've had trouble weaving my own songs lately. I just can't seem to create, only perform what I've been taught. Perhaps I just need to focus more on my music, instead of letting it be something I do now and then. I can't hope to perform for people half-heartedly anyway. But then I have to ask myself what is more important? The Watch could always use more hands to help with healing, but do they need song and performance?

**The parchement ends with another series of thick lines drawing the image of a musical score, again without any notes in the lines.**

I really dig how she used the musical score through out the entry, and her take on everything, being in the middle of this little predicament, was very refreshing to read!

A Look Forward

Everwatch continues to grow, which is amazing because now we can start to really do things which seemed hard before without enough (active) members, such as some endgame and of course group RP/storylines. We hope to continue this process while juggling between several loose ends weâve got right now, with regard to RP. With the Task Board back up and running for individual character development, players and their characters bonding and working together on smaller group projects, an LS storyline making steps forward, and plans for a larger story which would involve all Linkshells who are willing to participate, weâve got more than enough on our plate until next month! So until then, opo-opos!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Everwatch Monthly Update VIII (May â12)

Fashionably Late? (Or how we killed a spy)

Better late then never! Sorry about the delay, between being swamped with work, finishing classes, and other IC shenanigans this is coming later than expected. This is Oskar by the way. Probably good to mention that.

Certainly none can argue that the highlight of the month was the (partial) conclusion of a storyarch long in the works. Milton Cooper, higher up of the Order of the Twin Adder, was found to be a spy of the Empire! Why did he help pull Everwatch into the Order way back when we first started? Why were we, a relatively new company, given preferential treatment early on? A death of a spy my only be the beginning of a deeper mystery.

While the group traced the Magitek from the docks of Limsa (where Aysun was captured by the captain of the ship!), to a remote landing station in the Shroud, the Vultures leader is still free and causing turmoil, although no longer building an (censored). Woodswatch is in the process of finding a leader who is up for the job of hunting her down. The reward for her head will surely bridge the gap in funding that Everwatch is behind on. No one has yet to receive their last moonâs pay! Why? Our two big pay days for last month, capturing the leader of the Vultures and defending Hyrstmill were largely unfulfilled. Actually, in a total meta fashion I want to hold SE responsible for our lack of participation in Hyrstmill, because of no attack/defense phase timers! However the one event we did host defending Hyrstmill⦠which was actually defending Aleport, was sweet. I hope to re-try that now that SE patched up the Hamlet defense system.

Evaâs dad died. IC dad⦠donât freak out. A vigil was held for him at the beginning of the month, apparently he was something of a famous figure :P . Eva then took a trip out to her clan lands, and Oskar followed a group of Imperials who lead him to their stronghold in Mor Dhona, Castration-something. (I was actually out for a week due to the game failing to start!) Nelâs personal storyline involving the little voice in her head that gets her really wound up during combat is currently underway with specific individuals. The scope is posed to escalate, now that weâve found and linked a cult-type group and some bloody markings to her possession.

Weâve also taken a liking to killing open world NMs this month, with that Goblin and Dodore taking a beating. Most of us have also unlocked the Garuda battle, and will be focusing on it come next month, as well as other endgame stuff weâve yet to get to.

Leadership

Itâs that time. Expansion! Oskarâs on a lookout for new Archonte(s) to help him lead the Watch, now that it has expanded and needs more direction than he and the other Archontes can provide. With Eva leading very subtly and Syesta busy with passion projects (I still don't get that one), the Everwatch would benefit greatly from more hands-on leaders. Several have shown potential, but with Oskar taking a step back this month to evaluate the members and their work, allowing room for those who wish to take initiative to leap forward, those who deserve the dagger will be easy to spot both for the current leaders and fellow members alike!

Members

I am happy to report a burst of growth within the Linkshell, which seems to come from the overall increase in Role Players coming back to try XIV again. While Everwatch lost a couple of new members with a lot of potential, we stride ahead with an understanding that Everwatch is not a fit for every type of character. Those who have stuck around are a very active, competent group of players and RPers! With that said, letâs give a warm welcome to:

Aysun

Lamia

Flandre

Nate

Mercnauis

Keisuna

Aldeus

Mitsuri

TURK

Really glad that most of those members are active, and I hope remain that way for a long time to come! Their initiatives to do Everwatch-related work as it pertains to occupations and so on, really got us back on track to doing member-created mercenary style events, that I am happy to see back again.

Members have also recently have been asked to weigh in on possible improvements to the Everwatch, since weâre very much a democratic linkshell OOCâly, even though sometimes it may appear to be ruled by a tyrant IC ;) If you havenât contributed to the discussion, click here and give your two cents!

Monthly Mentions

Poll of the month: Branching off the Everwatch discussion mentioned above, the poll asked for our opinion as players on which direction the Everwatch should go in, in the near future in terms of the general theme of the LS.

Laid back group of skilled comrades: 1 vote

For-profit contract organization: 7 votes

Disciplined militaristic unit: 0 votes

Other: 1 vote

Most members prefer the current theme, which is that of a for-profit mercenary company that is trained and professional when on duty and laid back and casual on the off hours.

Report of the month: This month features a report by Aysun about her capture and the events leading to it!

Report Form

To: Oskar Helvig

Title: RE: Events of 13/3A

Name: A'eyshn Demiir

Date: 19/3A/1573

Details:

As requested.

Members were paired, Nel and Syesta, Merc and Kristal, Azeiel and I. Directions from Oskar to board the docked boat and observe under guise looking for anything out of ordinary, magitek. Left my bow and arrows for sake of guise, but I kept a knife on me. Merc and Kristal went first. Then, Azeiel and I.

The guard at door questioned us as to our business. Azeiel put on an accent, claiming she was there to cook. I claimed to be an entertainer, not a whore, it was first thing that came to mind that would allow me access to the ship to observe. Our choices of guise sent in different directions. Not intended, but I did not see that I could protest without causing suspicion. Azeiel was sent down to the kitchen, I was told to go see the captain. I assumed he would be on deck, as this man had gestured me to go up stairs.

No notable observations in the hall. I heard people on top deck.

I recognized captain's quarters easily. Decided to take the opportunity presented to me to look around inside, knowing if I was caught it would be easy to claim I was waiting/looking for the captain. The door was unlocked.

The Captain was in his quarters, I knew it was him, and knew it would cause suspicion if I did not follow through. I entered the room and closed the door behind me. I did not have a plan at this point. Stupid. I said I was sent to see him. He assumed what I was there for and -

He was well dressed, but a style I have not seen before. Wore jewels and gold. He looked like an older man, silver hair. I remember looking around, trying to find anything in sight that we would be interested in, while not drawing suspicion. He grew impatient. I tried to use words to coax him away from irritability, failed.

Told me to get on my knees do what I was there for. Felt trapped, pulled my knife on him. Thought I could get him to talk about the letter via threat, or even just allow me to leave, as I had the element of surprise on my side. He kicked me. I fought back, tried to cut him, he must have hit me with something.

Woke later in a dark room, I couldn't see, my hands bound. When the door opened and let more light in, I saw beams and intricate metal devices around. I remember three clicks, three locks.

I was interrogated, he read my journal. I told him what I knew, which was not much.. which he didn't seem to believe, nor was he satisfied with. My pearl was broken at some point.

Mistakes:

1. Allowing myself to get separated from Azeiel.
    --Plan better in future. Communicate with partner ahead of time so that we are on the same page.
  2. Interacting rather than observing.
    --Do not allow familiarity with a location cause complacency.
  3. Choosing to expose myself as an intruder, rather than keep up my guise.

Will not happen again.

Very detailed and well put together, Aysun! This report helped many who were not involved to understand what happened.

Journal of the month: I hereby point you to the hilarious ramblings of a half-educated Limsan Miqoâte far far from home, Flandre!

Well, I got in on probation to the Everwatch. At least I have something similar to a family now, be it a strange compilation of one... Ah, everyone seems nice enough. Just makes me think how inadequate I am though, they're all so skilled at one thing or another, and all I can do is open my big gob and talk for all of Limsa.

That bloody interview though, I was shaking like a landtrap leaf. I mean, the guys were lovely enough, Oskar a little intimidating, but they did not go easy. So many questions, so much they needed to know. It was like I was being tried for being a Garlean spy of some sort. No matter, they gave me a pearl and sent me on my merry way. Very exciting indeed.

Of course, it was lovely for them to let me in... but I ain't of any use to them just yet. No, having just picked up the axe (and almost dropping it again on my foot), I'm about as useful as a bent weaver needle. But they are awfully patient with me. On my first day, Oskar took me out for some training, went through stance and stuff. He wasn't half as intimidating as he was in the interview. Still just as tall though... And, bloody hell, he can swing an axe. Scared me witless, that did. Helped me a lot seeing it though.

And then the second day, Nel took me out for some more training. Now, if Oskar can throw an axe, she can bloody obliterate anything with her axe. My eyes, even when she's 5 moons preggers, she can still wield a weapon like that; that little squirt in her belly has got a mother to be proud of! And she's smaller than me! Don't come across that too often... Still, what I learnt then was invaluable. She gave me weights as well, to attach to my person to train with. Don't know how much they weigh, but they're chuffin heavy... I need to get used to them, I do, before trying anything else too big. She also told me to try my hand with a sword, and some of them "fist" thingies them martial artists use. They're a bit odd. I feel really exposed with them, got nothing between myself and the big bad world. whereas with an axe, the world's got to get through that first to get to you. But, I can say I did try my hand at it, as well as with a ruddy sword. Not too bad, but I still prefer my axe. Probably because it's the chosen weapon of pirates... You can take the girl out of Limsa...

I don't feel like I'm wasting time any more. I'm actually doing something with my life that doesn't involve me staying at home and scamming people out they're money with crappy bits of shit I've sewn together and sold it on as the "best money can buy". I'm doing something that will further me, and my search for Zefiria...

I ain't old enough for this, I should still have my sister here, holding my hand and joking about how bad my weaver skills are... This is the first time I've really thought about her. If I keep myself busy, I don't have to think. But the point of a journal is that you're supposed to think. Shit, I never thought of that...

I miss you Zefi...

Bloody ink blotching when water's spilled. You'd think those alchemists would use their superior brains to come up with some sort of waterproof ink, bloody idiots...

While I am not a huge fan of tear stains on journal entries (see the 425685 examples on lodestone!) the characterâs voice really comes through here, along with her more intimate thoughts she doesnât share when speaking with her, which really makes the read interesting, fresh, and funny!

A Glance Ahead

As previously mentioned, Oskar is taking a bit of a step back to let the other members and Archontes carry the burden of leadership, and in doing so contribute within the roles theyâve chosen. Aside from that, we will continue to venture into endgame territory while tying up loose ends of existing plots and inadvertedly starting new ones! With the influx of new members, those of us who have been around have a lot of work to do, in order to hypno train them properly! We will see what sorts of RP will spring forth next month!

• 3 weeks later...

Everwatch Monthly Update IX (June â12)

Lessons in leadership

Greetings, everyone! Manari here, bringing you this monthâs update. The Everwatch has had a lot of things happen this month, and Iâm going to try and talk about as much of it as I can!

For this month, Oskar Helvig has decided to take a step back and find a new Archonte. Everyone congratulate Selene Artemis, the newest of Everwatchâs leaders. With Oskar stepping back, other members have been posting their own events. Good job to all members who have been working to keep the RP flowing!

Selene:

MePuD.jpg

Syesta has stepped down from the position of Woodswatch leader and left a void that still needs a strong Everwatch member to fill it. Itâs a great opportunity for anyone who has the time and the talent to take it and make it something great. With Nelâs progressing pregnancy and Eva dropping the job of Quartermaster, a shift in occupations has happened. Nel has taken up the job of Quartermaster, as it is something her very pregnant character can still handle, leaving Oskar to conduct all of this monthâs training programs. So everyone let Nel know if you need any supplies or specific equipment and she can start the process of getting it for you. Speaking of Nelâs little one, we should all get to meet her very soon!

The story of Nelâs past and her curse was finally concluded this month. Everwatch members including Eva and Manari, along with Naiad as well, all worked hard to figure out ways to help Nel remove her curse. It was concluded in a big event where many people gathered in wait capture or kill the man responsible for Nelâs curse. The event ended with Nel being fully cured, and the evil Reilandles losing his head to Isilmeâs blade. It was also discovered that Syesta was in love with Reilandes and vanished from the Everwatch without a trace before we could learn any more. As of now, sheâs still out there somewhere. The Everwatch was able to collect the large bounty on Reilandles as well, so all in all it was mostly all happy ending⦠Now we just need to bring Syesta back home again.

The Everwatch has been escorting a lot of supply caravans to Hyrstmill this month, and Hamlet Defense, along with trying a few other endgame events such as the King Moogle fight and of course Ifrit as well. We have members stepping up to set these kinds of events up now as well, so good work to all of them.

Just recently this month we struck a deal with the Maelstrom to begin an expansion for the Everwatch into Limsa Lominsa. The deal has the Everwatch completing a few tasks free of charge to earn trust and show our ability to get things done, then weâll receive real work from that side of Eorzea. Itâs a big opportunity for the Everwatch to increase our presence, and we have a few members from that side of the world who are ready to take charge and make it happen. This will be the establishment of the Seawatch.

CVlHV.jpg

Our Offensive Coordinator, Keisuna, has set up a series of training events that will be getting together to do group leves. If youâd like to get a few levels on something and canât be bothered to take time out of RPing to run around alone, then check the event schedule for when Keisuna has set these up and have some fun RPâing while doing leves.

And also, we finally have the very detailed and very nicely put together set of Everwatch HQ floor plans! Everyone should thank Eva for drawing these amazingly detailed and very handy diagrams. If you ever had trouble visualizing what the inside of the HQ looked like, now you simply just reference the floor plans and you can see exactly where your character is standing and where they would need to go. These will help a lot in detailed RP inside the HQ.

EWHQ1fl.jpg

EWHQ2fl.jpg

EWHQ0fl.jpg

Members:

Our membership continues to grow! We are getting a lot of potentially good RPers that are applying with us these days. Letâs welcome this monthâs new members!

Morin

Shamad

Olivier

Lara

Arky

Vaelyn

Monthly Mentions:

This monthâs poll asks the members if they think everyone should be required to take up any DoL or DoH classes to be a member of Everwatch. The results were pretty much a landslide:

Yes, every member should be required to take up both DoH and DoL: 0 votes

Yes, every member should be required to take up DoH only: 0 votes

Yes, every member should be required to take up DoL only: 1 vote

Encourage every member to take up non-combat jobs, but not require: 10 votes

Do not require any DoH or DoL class leveling: 1 vote

The poll certainly shows that everyone believes that the Everwatch shouldnât dictate what classes your character needs to have leveled, but also says that suggestions should certainly be given. I think most of us will level a few of these anyway.

Report of the Month: This report comes to us from our Offensive Coordinator, Keisuna. It details the plan of attack she laid out for her very first offensive operation after joining the Everwatch. I like the diagrams and description that detail the plan of attack.

Keisuna's Report:

Manari and I set out to investigate and gather intelligence on the smugglers we've been contracted to deal with near the shores of Mistbeard Cove in La Noscea. Kailee joined us briefly but needed to leave for personal reasons.

We decided to search the caves, thinking that there might be a cove connected to the shore where they operate. We found evidence of smuggler activity, but the way to the shore was blocked with no discernible way through. If there was any way to the shore, we couldn't find one. It's highly unlikely that they'll be able to escape through there.

We then proceeded to the beach, and found them operating on a shore surrounded by cliffs with a single avenue of approach. There are ten of them that we could countâmainly melee fighters, but it's possible there might be more, but we don't expect that their numbers are large.

Our target is a group of smugglers operating on a beach about 400 yalms due north of Camp Bald Knoll. There are about 10 of them that we know of, but there might be more. All of them have melee weapons that we know of, which will make things easier for us.

bbkFj.jpg

The shore is boxed in on all sides by surrounding cliffs with a single slope that winds down, indicated here with a green line. That is our avenue of approach. We'll be going down there as one team, split up into three sections.

WJLNH.jpg

The first section, shown here in red, will be the melee fighters. Their job is to engage the enemy head on while we make our way down the winding path. The yellow section will be our ranged fighters. Your job will be to try to flank the enemy and take them down where possible. The slope is steep enough that if you stay a few yalms behind the red group, you should be too high for the approaching enemy to reach. The blue section will be the mages, who will stay behind to heal and support the other two groups, and use attack magics as needed.

At this point we're expecting one of two things to happen. They will either scatter, or they'll attempt to swarm us.

((At this point, I'll be allowing Oskar to choose whether or not they swarm or scatter. If he chooses that they scatter, we'll just engage them normally. If he chooses that they swarm, we'll have someone OOCly go out and aggro them all and bring them back to the rest of the group.))

g8Fom.jpg

If they attempt to swarm us, we'll pull back onto the slope. The melee fighters will keep them at bay here and force them into a bottleneck while the ranged attackers will stand here on the cliff above and pick them off like fish in a barrel. The mages will also concentrate on the group of enemies with attack magics, preferably ones with a good spread.

((Unfortunately, the way elevation works in FFXIV, you probably won't be able to attack them where I've indicated. Should that be the case, simply adjust to a level where you can target them and we'll assume that IC they were standing on higher ground.))

q7SwE.jpg

If they scatter, we'll proceed further into the area and assume an attack formation here.The melee fighters will form in the middle to concentrate on the enemy, the ranged fighters will split into two groups to protect the flanks, and the mages will stay directly behind the melee fighters. The draw back to this formation is that it leaves the mages exposed at the rear. We'll need to make sure to either have our backs to the cliffs or to an area that isn't occupied by enemies.

mAr0d.jpg

The yellow group will be key in determining which direction the attack formation is facing. They'll need to be watching the areas around them and making sure that the mages aren't overly exposed. Mages, should you be attacked, cast Sleep or Repose on them so that we can reposition the formation safely and without being pursued.

Hopefully this way we'll be able to reduce the risk of serious injury and death on this mission, and come out of it victorious. Everyone please remember what roles you're assigned to.

((At this point we'll have a ten tick break for questions and allow the group to familiarize themselves with the attack positions. and the like.))

Journal of the Month: This is a heartfelt journal entry from a woman who was writing it on what she thought could very well be her last night alive. This journal goes into emotional detail on many of the relationships and friendships that she has established up to this point, and I think it's very touching to read.

Nel's Journal:

15th Sun, 3rd Umbral Moon

Much in my life has happened. Eva and Oskar are officially dating for one, Syesta stepped down as woodwatch leader, I've moved to Quatermistress. Found the area of the Vultures and Syesta has made some new toys to play around with. We've had new members and I've gotten a house and everything. Everything seemed to be going so well until recently.

However today may be my last full sun. Last night, I wrote my will as I know not what will come tomorrow. I don't want to go, I shouldn't go. But I have no choice. It seems to be the option to end this... remove what's left of my sister from within me. Syesta who told myself, Eva and Manari about it seemed to be acting strange. Maybe it's just stress.

So, here I write. A message to each friend in case the next eve finds me and my child without breath to speak these words. Please don't be offended if they are not in order. I wrote down names on a scrap paper before I could write in my journal here.

Isilme Turuphant-

My wife, my love, my everything. I know this will hurt you the most. You won't admit it I know, damn your stubbornness. But I want you to grieve and move on. There is someone out there for you now, I know it. Don't forget me, but don't forget yourself because of me. I love you, this life and the next.

Eva Ianeira-

Your beauty and wisdom still captivate me to this day, and oft times I wonder if your spinner did this to me on purpose to push my resolve to the breaking point. You are my friend, my confidant, my mentor, my guide and a woman who I love deeply. Be strong, be proud and know that I love you.

Oskar Helvig-

If nothing else, I want you to treat Eva right. You owe me that much at least. If you don't, I will find a way to haunt you! You know how serious I can be! I'll do it too! I'll find a way! But, just... be kind to the members, watch out for them. A gentle hand will work harder then the iron one, you'll see.

Syesta Rajani-

You've been a great teacher and friend. You've really taken your time to teach me stuff that I never would have known otherwise. Magitek and the works. I know one day you will find your Marmot prince, and nickname him that in my memory. Your a great person, never sell yourself short.

Manari Onai-

My bloodoath sister. Sometimes your a little overbearing, sometimes your a bit too passionate. But I know it's all because you care. I know this isn't the outcome you wanted or worked hard for, but I appreciated all your hard work. Know that I care about you and will watch over you from the stars.

Aysun Demiir-

You can be a royal pain sometimes, but you have good intentions. Maybe less snark and more genuine feeling behind your words will help you in the future. I'm sorry I couldn't train you much, but you have great talent and potential. Use it wisely.

Azeiel Kamba-

Your cooking is amazing, and one day, you will fulfill your dream of your own restaurant. Just be honest with yourself and stay out of trouble ok?

Kailee Ivicus-

You work so hard, your so dedicated. But you need to take more time for Manari. Please, for me? She needs someone there to help her though this and I know not anyone better suited to this task then you.

Selene Artemis-

I feel terrible, accepting your house and now, I can no longer live in it. Your gift meant the world to me and Izzy. A place of our own to raise a child. Now it will be filled with emptiness and somber memories for my wife. I am so sorry. Please, be strong for me. Be strong.

Ozak Kuzak-

Short stuff, I hope you are doing well still. We never did get around to that fishing trip again did we? Go catch some for me. I'll be right behind you smiling.

Naiad Mimieux-

You've shown me so much in this world. From friendship and fires we've made a bond that is stronger then steel. I know you've lost someone else recently. I'm sorry this has happened. Eva is your support, please lean on her for this. I know you will need it.

Xenedra Ambreaus-

Your fashion style is amazing and your totally someone I admire. I wish I could be more like you sometimes. You've been a friend in my book for a while, I only hope I was the same in yours.

Tessa Jalloh-

Tessa Tessa Tessa. You are my step-sister in law (does that even work?) and been a close personal friend. You've helped me through a lot of rough times and where always there for me when I needed you. Thank you.

Alothia Oakenwave-

Aly-cat. You are one of my dearest and oldest friends. I only hope that you will not grieve long and that Zenge will help you though all this. Watch over your membership and keep them safe. That is all I can ask of you.

Rikitiki Tavatiki-

Short-Stack. Floppy Hat. Please, say your puns more. Even if I groaned, I loved them all. Do that for me please. I would truly be thankful.

Torvald Levoie-

My first love, my child's father. I know you will most likely be hurt by this for a while. I'm so sorry. There is not enough ink in my well to tell you everything that you

*most of the entry is blotted out by soaked ink from tears*

I will always love you.

Rhio Aldul-

You've always been a good friend and I trust you. I believe you will find Malcolm. Remember my last words to you. Never give up hope.

Hayden Olkendarr-

You big red lug! I'll miss you greatly! Go have a few rounds at the concern on my tab and toast to my memory.

Claus Bell-

I know we haven't talked much since I left TALE, and you were the first person I ever told about my past. Thank you for being so supportive. I wouldn't be where I am without your help and friendship.

Mtoto Wamoto-

It's a shame we never got to talk more, I always found you to be most interesting. Maybe in the next life.

Zenge Eien-

You better treat Aly-cat right or I'll come haunt you too! She gets lonely. Be around more often!

Raven Bloomfield-

Raven, you have always inspired me to do more and better myself. You have funny habits, but they grew on me. Never change.

Eufrasi Reingott-

Keep Selene happy and safe, do your duty and above all, please, try to forgive Naiad.

There are many more names but this is so hard to write. Please, don't feel left out. My hand is shaking so bad and I can't stop crying. I'm scared. More scared then I've ever been in my entire life. Not for myself, but for my child. For Ilyanna. I wouldn't mind dying if it meant she'd have a fighting chance, but this... should could die if I do and there is nothing I can do to save her. I'm scared of leaving everyone behind and failing them. I'm scared of coming out alive and losing our child.

There is so much happening, I just want it all to stop!

I want *the rest of the page is a blur of ink and soaked with tears*

A Look Ahead:

In the coming month the establishment of Seawatch should provide for some new RP opportunity for the members of the Everwatch, and also expect the Woodswatch to continue to make a comeback and hopefully achieve one of it's long time goals.