A Life Undertaken; Bad Wolves, where be ye?

I couldn't remember anything at all, not at first. Like being re-birthed, except that I was full-grown and on some sort of mini-blimp-bus being pulled by giant flightless birds; also I wasn't naked, thank the Game Makers for that.

The memories didn't start to come back until after I'd reached my destination, the city of Ul'Dah. I was just getting acquainted with the city when they started to filter back in; things would remind me of memories that would take me by surprise in flashbacks, showing me glimpses of another life, one where this world exists only as a game.

So now it looks like I'm trapped, and in order to survive, I've had to assimilate into the game world and all the people here. I feel like two people; the woman who woke up trapped in a game, and the cat-girl, jack-of-all-trades who belongs here. The weird thing is how real all these people are, aren't they all just NPCs?

If you're reading this, maybe you're two people too. If so, come find me in Ul'Dah. Look for the Bad Wolf Initiative linkshell, or find me at the Adventurer's Guild. Lyre Blaidd'Drwg is my name (pronounced blah-ith drooog), and if you're lost out there too, come find me. If there's a way back, maybe we can find it - and if not, well at least we wouldn't be alone. 

And remember: Don't tell the locals you're an alien. That never goes over well.

[align=center]Bad Wolf Initiative LS

[/align]

[align=center]_____________________________________________[/align]

((HIYA! Thought I'd just get right into what I'm doing here from the start, hope you don't mind! I've got the standard OOC information filled out below, so feel free to peruse that too. I've been on the Balmung server for some time now (maybe a few weeks), but have only just now decided to introduce myself and my main character, Lyre.

How this works is that my character Lyre has found herself trapped in a virtual world as real as the one she came from. While living out her life as her FF XIV self, she's also searching for any other people from her world, and trying to find out the mysteries of how she/they came to be there. To that end, she (and I) have created a linkshell to keep track of people who are part of this (just look for Bad Wolf Initiative - still being set up here, but it's up and running in world). 

You can feel equally free to engage in regular FF XIV RP, or join in my story line, with me whenever you find me in world, or feel free to join the linkshell or /tell me. Just make sure to check out the back ground information that'll be up on the BWI linkshell thread in the hall once it's up!

--MMORPG background

I've been gaming since I was a kid; my whole family are gamers. That said, I didn't start MMO gaming until I was about 14 or so (I'm 27 now). I started out on WoW, but I've played just about everything from EQ to EVE. For me, whether or not I stay in a game depends largely on it's RP experience, variability of content offerings and the game itself (good story, good RP material etc..). While it took me a lot longer to get to FF XIV than it should have (considering what I value in a game) I'm glad I came over to try it. I love it!

--RP experience

I have been role playing as far back as I've had internet access. I can definitely remember being 11-12, having my computer in my room for the first time, and finding myself on IRC rooms dedicated to vampires and werewolves in bars. I've done MUD's, IRC, messengers, forums, virtual worlds (such as Second Life) and, of course, MMORPGs. 

I also LARP (Live Action Role Play).

--Character ideas/info

Lyre Blaidd'drwg is a short, round Miqo'te female of dark sable skin and brilliant green eyes. She's fiesty, intelligent and determined. Her character design is based off the character concept prompt "trapped in a game world - what would you do?"; while this is her main plot, I play her outwardly as if she were a completely normal citizen of Eorzea. Because obviously only crazy people go around telling people they come from another world.

Lyre's story is still evolving, and I'll be heading from here over to create the Bad Wolf Initiative Linkshell thread where the information will be kept (mostly), but please do throw me a line if you want to connect at any time!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I actually just stumbled on it while googling for info on decently active RP servers. I don't care HOW hard it is to get into Balmung, it's worth it for a good, solid RP community!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

While I will adapt to play with any style of RPer, and make efforts to be as inclusive as possible, I do prefer the medium to heavy range of RP interaction for myself. My favourit part of RPing with other writers (because I view you all as writers) is unraveling and figuring out people's stories and plots. I also put a lot of effort in to my own characters, for those who enjoy the same, so whether we're just interacting on the surface, or you're trying to find out my character's deepest secrets, I hope there's always something interesting for ya.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I'm a 27 year old university student with two diplomas in college for the arts (one in basic visual arts and one in graphic design). I've got three years to an undergrad in psychology, and two in an undergrad in English lit.; I'm currently majoring in English with minors in psychology, sociology and philosophy (I've been in school a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time). 

My passions include digital illustration and concept art, writing and anything that engages my mind. You can check out my creative work here, on my Facebook page.