Roleplay outside of Balmung?

While I am heavily interested in roleplaying in FFXIV, it seems to be impossible to actually get into Balmung because of the annoying and seemingly pointless lockout - and so I was wondering if there was anyone on other servers who actually roleplays. From what I've heard, everyone's migrated to Balmung, but perhaps there are a few groups left elsewhere?

I do not know how active or big these groups are but, if you click here: 

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15&filtertf_srvr=Other 

Some servers have their own RP groupings, like famfrit and Lamia. I imagine tossing a PM or rolling a test-alt there for the purpose of contacting the people who run them would be the best way to go about it :)

What I ended up doing was creating my character on another server, then transferring. It cost $18 but has so far been totally worth it for me. That is one of the easiest ways to get there, but as I've said, it does cost money. I guess it just depends on how much you want to be in the server, whether you'd rather wait till 4 am with the possibility of getting in, or just get in right away with a price.

Believe me, if I could do a transfer I would, but it appears to lock you out of transferring unless you've had the character for three days. Right now I'm just running the non-rp side of things for my character on another server, planning to transfer on Wednesday if it turns out I'm not going to have any luck with the server lockouts. Of course, $20 is a pretty steep price to pay for something like this so I'm still hoping I find a group outside of Balmung.

Not sure if you're still looking or not, but a few of us are looking to start up an RP community on Adamantoise. There is a lot more information here that you can feel free to check out: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/37wu29/adamantoisefc_looking_to_start_an_rp_based_fc/ and we'd love to have some more people! Lukas is hard at work leveling up now so we can start the FC