[Balmung] Aeo (Seeking Heavy RP FC)

Hello, I'm Aeo. I am an artist, creator of the webcomic Age of Mortality.

My character is Khyran Oisin on Balmung.

[OOC INFO]

Timezone: EST

Job: 9-5 Weekdays

Typically Playing: 6-12 Weekdays, Sporadically All Day Weekends

Skype: Aeolian.Mode (please tell me why you're adding me before you add me on there- I get spammers a lot.)

Note: I am married, and my spouse plays with me sometimes. His character is Selthrana White.

[RP STYLE]

Ultra-Heavy RP. Meaning, I will only level or quest if there is absolutely nothing else to do and no one online to RP with. As soon as an RP buddy logs on I'm usually going to ask if they want to RP, and if anyone asks me to RP, I IMMEDIATELY drop what I'm doing.

My philosophy is that although the game is fun and entertaining, this form of entertainment does not last, and at the end of the day you're left with the experience of playing a video game. But roleplay, and the stories you tell, and the friends you can make can last a very, very long time. Hence, I subscribed to this game for the sole purpose of storytelling.

But if you're a more light RPer or enjoy playing the game more than I do, I understand completely. Just be sure to let me know you don't feel like RPing if I ask and we'll be a-ok. Between having a job, being married and working on a webcomic, though, I've got a lot of things I could be spending my time doing, so I operate best on scheduled RP outings rather than indeterminates.

As for lore, I try to respect the source material of the world I'm playing in as much as possible, while allowing some elbow room for tasteful lore-bending, or, rather, "expanding" on content in the lore that is otherwise left vague. For example, Khyran turns the bad memories of other people into materia, and considers himself a therapist. However, you won't see him cloning anyone or building a successful ISP anytime soon.

[PARTICULARS]

As a storyteller, I'm interested in plot, conflict, and character development. My character will change. He is very opinionated. He is very motivated. The me conflict with his interactions, the better. But I'm not talking about him bumping into a "MUAHAHAHA EVIL VILLAIN", I'm talking about conflicts, even with his friends. People who disagree with him. People who try to crack his shell. People who he wants to 'help' but don't want it.

But hey, nothing wrong with making an enemy or two, either.

My character's backstory deals with adult themes. If you're under-age, please inform me if we RP together so I can make sure I don't RP any sensitive material with you. Similarly, if you have any triggers, please tell me.

[LOOKING FOR FC]

I'm extremely particular about RP guilds, and I am tentatively looking for an FC. I might end up not leaving the one I'm currently in at all, however, but I also want to be sure I'm not missing out on an FC that is more fitting to my playstyle. I'm not looking down on any other FCs out there, I'm just putting out what I'm personally interested in. 

A few particulars about FCs that I would be looking for- and these particulars are a "must":

1. Small active playerbase. I'm talking 10-20 members tops and not actively recruiting.

2. Weekly events that typically center on a developing guild storyline. One-shot, self-contained stories are fun, but I prefer a developing, over-arching plot.

3. Members who prioritize RP over gameplay at almost all times. 

4. Mature adult RPers with fleshed-out characters. Respecting the OOC/IC boundary is a must.

5. And an OOC friendly atmosphere.

It's highly possible that such an FC doesn't actually exist, and that's fine. I've merely listed what I'd consider the ideal for my playstyle, and beyond going to a private RP server in another game (which I considered but ultimately decided against for the time being), this would be what I'd like to spend my time in. If there isn't one, I'm perfectly happy where I am now.

Hi there!

I'd like to go ahead and offer my Free Company, Middle Men, as something for you to look at! I think it fits a lot of your requisites rather well. We're a fairly new group--but we're growing at a steady pace already, and we just opened recruitment a few days ago.

Our focus is on keeping our playerbase small and tightly-knit while keeping a steady flow of events, larger arcs, and miniature plots going to keep those who do make the cut engaged and developing their characters.

As a more antagonistic/criminal-esque company, we strive to keep communication open and clear and to make sure that IC and OOC remain separate at all times. We're also super heavy RP and most of us literally only do the actual PvE end of the game for fashion. Listen, it's vital that we have nice clothes for our characters.

Give us a look and if you like what you see, feel free to apply! If you have any questions--and I do mean any--please don't hesitate to drop me a line over here, ingame, or on enjin itself.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

So we're Misericorde.

We're small, we're getting a regular schedule of events straightened out with our group, as people tend to have lives, and our whole thing, for the past 13 years that I've been running just about every iteration of this group that's popped up has been "unhappy realism."

Hit us up if you like.