Ishgardian Knight Seeks Knowledgeable Craftsmen

((So having fallen in love with the naginata SE was so kind to give us lancers, I've decided that I want one for my V'aleera. But rather than just happen upon a fully-functional high quality weapon randomly I decided it would be more fun to use this as a chance to meet some of you wonderful crafting RPers! I welcome anyone and everyone interested in what I've proposed here to post in this thread or message me so that we can set some fun stuff up!))

The following notice is posted and kept on file at each Adventurers' Guild, as well as the Temple Levemete distributor in Ishgard.

To those craftsmen of great skill wishing to exhibit the mastery of their trade,

Ser Lhuil of the order of the Knights Dragoon, having come into possession of an exotic and masterfully crafted weapon hailing from the Far East, which through the arduous travels and toils of its former owner having lent to it a present state of great disrepair, seeks craftsmen of the highest caliber to restore this once magnificent weapon to its former high glory.

A project of immense ambition, Ser Lhuil has need of craftsmen disciplined in the following areas of expertise:

-Doman crafts: Any and all craftsmen hailing from or familiar with the eastern nation of Doma and its style of craft shall be compensated highly for any information they provide which may prove crucial to the restoring of this distinguished weapon.

-Smithing: The ability to repair and refine a highly weathered blade while  leaving intact the existing integrity of the steel itself is required without exception.

-Woodworking: The existing shaft of the original weapon being nigh unusable, this portion must needs be created anew from the ground up; Ser Lhuil nevertheless expects quality identical to that of the original, and only a craftsman adept at working with the finest of wood species shall be considered.

-Leatherworking, Weaving, and Gilding: Wishing the finished product remain as true as possible to its origins, Ser Lhuil would have the rebuilt weapon adorned with leather grippings and aesthetic embellishments based upon the surviving examples left from the original.

Terms are to be discussed with Ser Lhuil in person; all necessary materials shall be provided as deemed necessary and payment shall be negotiated on an individual basis.

Ser Lhuil may be contacted via personal mail at her residence within the Congregation of Our Knights Most Holy or through official channels via the office of the Temple Levemete or the office of the Registrar of the Sworn Knights of House Haillenarte.

Blessings of Byregot be with those among you daring and able enough to put your skills to the ultimate test.

Well, I have a Doman Lalafell who happens to be a smith, would that work? ;)

If not Chachan himself, then his father (an NPC) could very likely repair the thing quite easily. The former usually frequents Limsa and Ul'dah, though, while the latter is living in Revenant's Toll. Still, Chachan could find out about it through his frequent work with Momodi, so it wouldn't be that big of a stretch for the little guy to find out.

Question though, I'm not too familiar with the new LNC/DRG weapons but - is the weapon craftable (and thus, you'd like someone to actually craft it) or is it a dungeon drop/Tomestone of Law weapon you're seeking to attach some more history to? Because if it's the former, I'll have to see if I can actually craft it - I focused on combat class first and material costs for grinding levels are a bit crazy right now... so he's only a level 54 BSM. If not, well, then we'll be pretty square, I think!

Just let me know if you're interested. :blush: