How long has it been?

I don't know if this was addressed elsewhere already - it's a tough question to use the search function for...

The game says it's been 15 years since the fall of Ala Mhigo and 5 years since the cataclysm but it's been saying that since ARR came out.  Is there a general consensus among the Balmung RP community as to how long it's actually been since those events?

I don't know if this was addressed elsewhere already - it's a tough question to use the search function for...

The game says it's been 15 years since the fall of Ala Mhigo and 5 years since the cataclysm but it's been saying that since ARR came out.  Is there a general consensus among the Balmung RP community as to how long it's actually been since those events?

20 Years since the Fall of Ala Mhigo. it was 15 at 1.0, and 2.0 is 5 years after 1.0.

I assume 3.0 is 6 months to a year after 2.0, that part I am unsure of though.

I could of sworn that the dialogue between the leaders at the end of the 2.0 questline implied that a whole year had passed since you first began.

Edit:

Re-watched the cutscene and it certainly does not say anything of the sort. How odd that I thought that all this time.

I could of sworn that the dialogue between the leaders at the end of the 2.0 questline implied that a whole year had passed since you first began.

Edit:

Re-watched the cutscene and it certainly does not say anything of the sort. How odd that I thought that all this time.

I think those thoughts come from us (as players) wanting to ascribe time to all the things we've done while going through the MSQ and even in RP. It's easy to think that because it took large amounts of IRL time to level up, watch the cutscenes, etc, that it should have some sort of correlation in the game. ...and then time bubbles.