Rogue Lore and the Code

So this evening, I had Rynathan successfully follow-up a thieving and upholded his end of the Code, and I want to thank everyone involved with my little spat of RP.  And with all this, I've run Rynathan enough to get a good grasp on his character. But the only real trouble I have left is coming up with the Rogue's Code (which i can't seem to find anywhere >.<) so I can quantify how Ryn bends it to fit his guidelines.

Specifically, the big part of the Code is that you don't steal from your fellow Lominsians, implying that the Code only applies to those of the city-state. And in his Rp this evening, he enforced the Code on someone (probably) not from Limsa Lominsa.  He justifies this through acknowledging he isn't really a Lominsian either, and so bends the Code to apply to anyone in Lominsa.

Since the Code is pretty much a shout-out to Pirates of the Caribbean (I mean, come on, Captain Jacke anyone? =D), and it's mentioned it's more like guidelines than hardset rules, I figure it's within lore for Rynathan interpretation to stand up to scrutiny. But I was wondering if anyone else out there RP'd a rogue, and had a suitable cache of Lore I could draw reference from. Having even the three tenants of the Code would be a good start as I wrought my Wiki page from the stone of my mind's eye.

Translation: Beat my stubborn head against the keyboard till I am satisfied with the words >.>

Hi Aya! I just got tea from you!

Ahem, The Rogue's Code, Good Sir, from the Opening Rogue's Quest (At least the three major MUST FOLLOW POINTS):

1) Do not steal from fellow Lominsans. This is probably in regards to Lominsan Merchants/Civilians/Etc. You don't ruin the people you're sworn to protect and serve from the shadows. Unless they break the Code, obviously.

2) Don't screw anyone out of their hard-earned reward. If they earned it, it's theirs. Period. Whoever did the work, gets the prize. You don't steal it out from under them. Unless they break the Code.

3) Absolutely. No. Slavetrade. Slavers are Kill on Sight. No exceptions, no explanations, no mercy. Any and all slavers of any and all types are dead to you.

In the end, a big part of it is making sure goods go, or return, to whomever rightfully owns them. And, in the end, the 'bigger picture' of the Rogue's Code is... bigger.

But those are the three absolute tenants. Follow those or get out, basically. These are the three you absolutely do not break, and absolutely must uphold.

If it applies to those outside of Lominsans, I think is determined from Rogue to Rogue, but I don't think it matters if you're from elsewhere, if you break the code within the city state, then watch out. It's something they take very seriously, though also what Aya said. They're kind of like the secret service of Limsa Lominsa.

It's also three points of the rules A'kos lives by, no matter where he is. :thumbsup: