The FFXIV OST...

Riven

Does anyone...well, know when the Heavensward specific version is coming out?  I picked up Before The Fall from iTunes, slowly working on getting A Realm Reborn (mother of everything so much money I can only get it a bit at a time).

I rather like the theme that plays in the Heavensward main menu before you log into the game, was also wondering if that's been out as well.

Does anyone...well, know when the Heavensward specific version is coming out?  I picked up Before The Fall from iTunes, slowly working on getting A Realm Reborn (mother of everything so much money I can only get it a bit at a time).

I rather like the theme that plays in the Heavensward main menu before you log into the game, was also wondering if that's been out as well.

I believe they said they would like to but it's not specified or confirmed close to TGS.

It's also more likely to be a Digital soundtrack.

Here we go.

Q88. Congratulations on the upcoming release of the “Before the Fall” album! Now, when can we expect the 3.0 soundtrack?

A88. At this pace, Soken will probably collapse. (Aimed at Soken) When is it?

Soken: I think we would sell it digitally first. After that, we're planning on releasing a higher quality version on disc. I would like to release the digital version close to Tokyo Game Show in September.

2:19:51

Q: When will you sell a soundtrack with the music added in Patch 3.0?

A: Yoshida: It might be the death of Soken.

Soken: Our plan is to first sell it digitally, and once a bit of time passes from that we will release a higher quality version on disc. We’d like to start the digital sales around the time of Tokyo Game Show 2015.

Sources: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/246971-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIII-Q-A-Update-Thread

and

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/256771-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIII-Digest-%2808-18-2015%29

I believe they said they would like to but it's not specified or confirmed.

Honestly, that's fine by me.  When I found out Before The Fall was on Bluray I nearly cried. Don't have a Bluray player in my computer, doubt my Bluray player could help me rip the tracks to a USB so I could get them onto my computer, and don't have a PS3/4.

Honestly, that's fine by me.  When I found out Before The Fall was on Bluray I nearly cried. Don't have a Bluray player in my computer, doubt my Bluray player could help me rip the tracks to a USB so I could get them onto my computer, and don't have a PS3/4.

Updated info :3

If we do get something it might be soon. Haven't heard anything since this Live Letter from early july.

DX I stupidly forgot it is blueray and realized it won't work with my laptop....

You just gave me a good idea though...it is possible to rip it using a PS3 to USB? :moogle: If so...thank you so much...you just saved my moneys worth!~ I was so disappointed that I couldn't get the tracks.

DX I stupidly forgot it is blueray and realized it won't work with my laptop....

You just gave me a good idea though...it is possible to rip it using a PS3 to USB? :moogle: If so...thank you so much...you just saved my moneys worth!~ I was so disappointed that I couldn't get the tracks.

I think it's possible, don't quote me directly on that!  Otherwise I find myself giving money over to Apple... -_-

I had a problem reading the From Astral To Umbral Blu-ray disc on my computer so I put it into my PS4 and discovered that there is a tool on the disc which lets you connect to the disc (via the PS4) from a computer and copy all of the tracks as MP3s. All you need is to have the console and computer on the same network; no USB drive required.

I believe it's set up so anyone with a network-enabled BD player can copy the music to their PC across a network, so both the PS3 and PS4 should work as well as any standalone player with network updating. I can test the Before The Fall disc on my console later if you'd like since I cannot remember whether the instructions were actually in English.

(Hi, by the way!)

I had a problem reading the From Astral To Umbral Blu-ray disc on my computer so I put it into my PS4 and discovered that there is a tool on the disc which lets you connect to the disc (via the PS4) from a computer and copy all of the tracks as MP3s. All you need is to have the console and computer on the same network; no USB drive required.

I believe it's set up so anyone with a network-enabled BD player can copy the music to their PC across a network, so both the PS3 and PS4 should work as well as any standalone player with network updating. I can test the Before The Fall disc on my console later if you'd like since I cannot remember whether the instructions were actually in English.

(Hi, by the way!)

:bouncy:

The next time I have spare funds I'm buying the soundtracks and borrowing a friend's PS3/PS4...  thank you so much!  And if you want to test-feel free!  I'd love a way to be able to get this without forking over my soul to Apple...

Ok, I popped Before The Fall into my PS4 to check and it has the same feature. Steps are as follows (though it has English instructions too):

1. Insert BD into a networked BD player (e.g. PS3/PS4).

2. Start the disc playing and open the menu.

3. Select 'Extra'.

4. The first option is for downloading the music across a home network. Select it.

5. Leave the disc on the screen which appears then go to your computer and type the address shown on the TV screen into your web browser exactly as it's displayed on the screen. 

6. If the computer and BD player are on the same network (wireless or wired are both ok), you'll be taken to a page which lets you copy the MP3 files off the disc across the network, straight to your PC.

I checked Before Meteor too and it has the same feature, so I guess all of the BD soundtracks do. Unlike Before The Fall, the Before Meteor menus are all in Japanese, unless it selects based on your PS4's system language (I have a Japanese console).

Of course, if you have access to a computer with a BD drive you can just copy the MP3s directly from the MP3 folder on the disc. The live performance videos on the disc are pretty great too if you have a chance to watch them after copying the MP3s :D

I'm contemplating getting the soundtrack but I don't know if I want to go the Itunes route or buy the actual CD, there is one small problem and it is the same problem as my blu-ray FFX HD Remastered CD, I can't put the music on my computer as I don't have a blu-ray drive. I can't move from the PS3 to the computer so would it be best I buy the album off of itunes? The one on Itunes say it is partial but it says it has 119 like the one on the official site. 

What do you guys think? Help! Help!

If you buy it off iTunes, be prepared to sink in a lot of money.  Like it's almost $90-100 to get all of that OST.  And that might be your only option if you can't go the PS3/PS4 route.

What about the suggestion mentioned in this thread, couldn't that work?