Am I doing this right?

Just got up a preliminary wiki page for Rhostel.

I'm pretty fuzzy on a lot of the lore, so I was hoping someone who knows more might be able to take a look through and see if it's okay. For example, the timeline of Ala Mhigan refugees arriving in Thanalan. The way some NPCs talk it seems like they may have only been there a few years, but those NPCs tend to be Ul'dahn elitists. But it's been 15 (16 now?) years since the invasion and while some might be more recent arrivals the Ala Mhigans do seem pretty well settled in, if impoverished.

Also, the Wood Wailers stuff. It seems like a valid interpretation of how they interact with adventurers, but maybe I'm wrong.

Seems solid. Only thing I might suggest pertains to a point of view not everyone might hold. Regardless, figured I'd mention it.

Most characters have aged with the game. Naturally, they get older as the years go by - though some choose to make less note of it than others. Suffice it to say, two years have passed since most characters came into being, and those characters might see the fall of Ala Mhigo as having happened seventeen years ago, as opposed to fifteen. It's a minor situation, but one that might exist non-the-less.

So to those characters it would be the year 1574, as opposed to the starting year of 1572 - seeing as Ala Mhigo fell in 1557, or thirty six years after the empire's founding in 1521.

Just thought I'd point out that. No big deal either way, but some players will be rooted into that mindset.

Oh, yeah. I took that into account, though I thought it was closer to one and a half years currently. Anyway, she would have turned 18 last 5th Astral Moon* (September?), making her about two when Ala Mhigo fell. In other words, a toddler. :)

*I guess her 17th birthday was during the headstart period back in 2010, assuming a straight conversion of dates, even though the Eorzean calendar is slightly longer than our Earth one. There's just no simple way to fit the dates otherwise. Sucks for people who picked any of those 6 days that simply don't exist at all in our calendar, but what can you do?

• 2 weeks later...